Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate (704 Views)

Ten Ways To Convert An Atheist To Christian / The Lord's Chosen The Best Church In The World / Best Church In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
A church organised a great training program for it's members. It got a christian apologist from another organisation to come and pretend like an atheist and debated the church members from the pulpit.

The fake atheist debated them gently and then, he revealed his secret at the end. He the told the church members to evaluate themselves and assess how they fared against his arguments. He also further explained that the exercise was to get people prepared for preaching outside the world because atheists are good at debating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ0Fg7i4V3Q
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by engrtee(f): 9:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
I cant pretend to be what i am not
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
engrtee: I cant pretend to be what i am not

Wow, you are dull. You seriously miss the point of acting to train people?
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by Lovethywilbedon: 10:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
LOGICBOY your are seriously pursueing your dream of being The 2013 Religious Poster of the Year, just go on creating Useless Multiple Threads. I don't know why Senu decided to make Nairaland a free for all site, all these multiple useless thread will end the day he decides to charge N300 for each thread. By the way I don't know why you don't like giving Nigerian examples.
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by manmustwac(m): 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
I thought about doing something similar myself. Learn how to become a good christian apologist. Then start a thread where I would become a christian apologist for a month, challenging all you hellbound atheists grin to ask me any question about the bible, doing my best to come up with answers & hopefully getting some help from my heavenly theist colleges.

One reason why am thinking about it is to challenge myself to try to see things from the theist point of view. Another reason is say to them "If I can do it, why can't you do it? And challenge them to think outside their box of religion & see if they can do a similar like me by becoming an atheist for a month

You never know the whole experience could force them to come out of their comfort zone, question their religious beliefs & you never know it could lead them to becoming an atheist.
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
manmustwac: I thought about doing something similar myself. Learn how to become a good christian apologist. Then start a thread where I would become a christian apologist for a month, challenging all you hellbound atheists grin to ask me any question about the bible, doing my best to come up with answers & hopefully getting some help from my heavenly theist colleges.

One reason why am thinking about it is to challenge myself to try to see things from the theist point of view. Another reason is say to them "If I can do it, why can't you do it? And challenge them to think outside their box of religion & see if they can do a similar like me by becoming an atheist for a month

You never know the whole experience could force them to come out of their comfort zone, question their religious beliefs & you never know it could lead them to becoming an atheist.

Great idea bro!
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: LOGICBOY your are seriously pursueing your dream of being The 2013 Religious Poster of the Year, just go on creating Useless Multiple Threads. I don't know why Senu decided to make Nairaland a free for all site, all these multiple useless thread will end the day he decides to charge N300 for each thread. By the way I don't know why you don't like giving Nigerian examples.

Is that fear I smell?
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by cyrexx: 6:11am On Jan 15, 2013
manmustwac: I thought about doing something similar myself. Learn how to become a good christian apologist. Then start a thread where I would become a christian apologist for a month, challenging all you hellbound atheists grin to ask me any question about the bible, doing my best to come up with answers & hopefully getting some help from my heavenly theist colleges.

I think Delafruita tried something like that for 72 hours on nairaland. I will post the link once I locate it.

Its a great idea.
Re: Best Church Activity; Christian Acts Like Atheist To Train Members How To Debate by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy, help me understand the point.

(1) (Reply)

12 Rules For Being Human / Papal Conclave Begins In The Vatican- Watch Live / Unusual Beliefs Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.