Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Ruggedman Is Eyewitness To Doctor’s Murder - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ruggedman Is Eyewitness To Doctor’s Murder (718 Views)

Ruggedman Is A Nairalander. Wow!!! / Silverbird Staff Death Update: Eyewitness Gives Account On Stabbed Lady / Ruggedman Blasts Celebrities Over Silence In OJB False Donation Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ruggedman Is Eyewitness To Doctor’s Murder by TheGrillr(m): 1:46am On Jan 15, 2013

Friday, January 11, 2013, will remain in the memory of rapper, Michael Steven, otherwise known as Ruggedman, for a long time. It was the day he witnessed the murder of Irawo Adamolekun at the Anthony area of Lagos state.

A few minutes after the incident, the 36-year-old rapper posted a detailed account of the gory incident on Twitter. The deceased, according to him, was seated in his Toyota Corolla, when an unidentified man walked up to him and shot him in the head: ‘Man wearing army green tshirt n brown combat shorts,jst shot a man drivin a corolla in d head at Anthony. He shot him and calmly walked to d other side of d road to a waiting okada n sped off. In broad daylight oh.’ He later added: ‘It happened infront of me n i tweeted abt it. Now i av a name to d man dat was shot tday,Dr Irawo. God rest his soul. God created life,bt i hate d fact dat anybody can take it. This life is jst…’

Another witness, Baby Aoshi, with the handle @MackieeBaby described the incident as a robbery. She claimed the deceased was killed after he refused to hand over his belongings to the alleged robber: ‘What my eyes saw at Anthony today eh, my mouth canna speak..He actually shot the man driving d car in front of my cab. The guy was wearing a brown top and a blue jeans short, holding a brown pistol. He robbed the woman directly in front of my car first, before he went to rob and shoot the guy who was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt, black sweat shirt and black trousers. People been saying another thing. He shot him point blank because the guy refused to give him anything. Saw everything that happened, he then crossed to climb the bike that was waiting for him. The guy that rode the bike, I can even describe what he was wearing’, she tweeted.

Our correspondent visited the Pedro police station but the DPO wasn’t there. The officers present were reluctant to speak but confirmed the story, adding that the parents of the deceased have been informed and the corpse deposited at the mortuary. The Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide also promised to get back to us after speaking with the DPO.

Meanwhile, many people, including rapper, M.I have expressed their condolences. ‘RIP Dr Taiwo‘ @ MI_Abaga tweeted. ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone Dr. Irawo Adamolekun. May ur soul RIP. Amen’ @rijiriji added, while @dapodara tweeted: ‘Try not to contaminate the scence, eyewitnesses would be interviewed, we’ll find something, a loophole, a trace at least something. In a sane country, there’ll b an autopsy. We’ll find out who d gun was registered to. Forensic tests, yellow tape the crime scene. I cry for my country. I weep for our future. To have the thought that my friend would die like this with his killers going unpunished, not fair at all…In Nigeria, justice is never done. Justice is never served. R.I.P. Dr. Irawo Adamolekun.’
NET investigations reveal the late Adamolekun is a medical doctor and former student of St Gregory College, Obalende, Lagos and Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo. He is the youngest of three kids and lost his elder brother, Imole, in a motor accident in 2004. The parents are left with their daughter, Ojia, who is also a medical doctor.

TheGrillr
Blogger
www.thehoppersgrill..com

(1) (Reply)

Lindsay Lohan Hides Under The Table, Literally! / . / '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.