Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,528 members, 7,854,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? (18509 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Syncan(m): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
We may continue to argue if it is a vice or not but no one has said it is a virtue either, it is only in matters of spirituality and morals that we go for the "base edition" trying to play on the border line of is it a sin or not. When do we go to the "Limited edition" of is it virtuous or not.Having said this, It baffles me how Christians pass judgement on their own these days, while we still preach that "even if your sin are as scarlet, they shall be white as snow...". I Hope we really believe this. The question is will this permanent tattoo on his body take him to hell? You can also ask " Will someone who has killed go to hell? The answer to the above questions cannot be a Yes or NO without a condition attached. The condition will be on: if the person dies in such a state without availing his/her self of the redemptive merit of Christ's death through repentance and asking for pardon from God. Yes, if he does and No, if he does not.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Hmmmm thiis is one topic I ve been looking forward to witness. Yeah its a sensitive topic that can lead and misslead, that is y posters and readers should be careful to decipher the ethics within the posts here. Tatooing in my own definition is simply body art and it is certain that ppl who love and apreciate the works of art, nature etc will like to have a tatoo on them.

I know the bible talks wrong about marking your bodies in the old testament some where in Leviticus which was the era of the mosaic laws, fine but now we see it as a new culture of art and therefore forgeting or overlooking the scriptures. The fact is the bible wrote against it being the will of God and that should be respected.

Now to the posters questions, tatooing will n cannot stop a child of God from making heaven becos d bible says we will leave our bodies n our souls will be taken 2 heaven, nobody has the power to conderm anyone to hell btw who made them judge ova man concerning the thing of God. God is looking for your soul not your body so pls if you have tatoos pls come to christ the way you are because it is you he wants more.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Syncan: We may continue to argue if it is a vice or not but no one has said it is a virtue either, it is only in matters of spirituality and morals that we go for the "base edition" trying to play on the border line of is it a sin or not. When do we go to the "Limited edition" of is it virtuous or not.Having said this, It baffles me how Christians pass judgement on their own these days, while we still preach that "even if your sin are as scarlet, they shall be white as snow...". I Hope we really believe this. The question is will this permanent tattoo on his body take him to hell? You can also ask " Will someone who has killed go to hell? The answer to the above questions cannot be a Yes or NO without a condition attached. The condition will be on: if the person dies in such a state without availing his/her self of the redemptive merit of Christ's death through repentance and asking for pardon from God. Yes, if he does and No, if he does not.

Thanks for this post bros. May God bless you!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ayomivic:

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)".
That quote is just another sign that your bible is full of shiit. The same world that your "god" supposedly created is the one he says we should shun, or we're his enemies. The very height of illogic and stupi.dity.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
Not in Nigeria! Hell is already there! I am just kidding...

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by imperiouxx(m): 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lucifer tattoo and the like are simply badges for hell. Shikena!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by pimplucious: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
Can any of these people calling themselves Christians worshiping the god of jesus be intelligent enough and qoute the part of bible that says tattoo will lead u to hell?

Digressing a bit, is there anywhere in the bible that says Christianity will lead one to heaven? undecided

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by WebSurfer(m): 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ayomivic: Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.
I had to comment on this, the bible also made clear of the ten commandments and am pretty sure you broke many before, so who are you to condemm people with tatoos, the comandments and sins you broke, were you able to clean it up?

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by adedayourt(m): 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm...... A million nd 1 tins on mi mind bt dnt kno we're 2 strt frm______ 1.sombdy waz sayin somtin bout wen u ar born again,u not subjectd 2 dos nd don't dat u ar guided by d holy spirit,(ofcuz daz vry true)but remba d bible says nd He shal lead u in all truth meaning d holy spirit won't write fr u anoda set of rule. The trut z makin ur mind undastnd d indept meanin of d words in d bible dat can neva be comprehended by our canal mind.den if u do som tins dat ar not scriptural,u nid 2 doublecheck d kind f spirit leadin u cus der ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ a SPIRIT nd der ar spirits. 2.and comin dwn 2 u eda tatooin or not,medically it z wrong,cuz it z assumd d@ 1c u use tatoo ur blood z conterminated nd u cnt b allowd t̶̲̥̅ơ̴͡ don8 blood even if ur blood z d cure fr AIDS.but one tins I kno,wat eva xplanation man gives 2 d scripture MIGHT nt b wat God wants d@ point n tym. So betastil obey d bible 1st.. Do nt use tatoo,do nt wear wat blong 2 d opsit sex sooooo wen u get 2 heaven u can sit God dwn lyk fada t̶̲̥̅ơ̴͡ a son nd ques him on dis matas... Jus obey first.. 3....... And let he dat thinks he stand take heed lest he falls.. Grace nd peace be upon our souls
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by RedLight1: 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
Segun agagu: Having tattoos is sending u to hell..simple
choi the judgers has arrived.. Are u the one that will put him in hell?

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by RedLight1: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
frank3.16:

Ask urself too, will jesus preach with I pad? Will jesus send bulk sms? Will jesus go and give thanks giving in the church after surviving auto crash, even knowing that peoplen I mean humans like him died? Will jesus marry and evn have sex? Will jesus put his picture and his wife's on a billboard? Will jesus have to pray like 20times b4 his prayer be answered? Will jesus.... I can go on and on, the list is endless

The fact is that we can never meet up with jesus' standard because of the difference in eras, the only way to meet his standard is to go back to that era.

That being said, the fact is that we neglect one simmple thing "love ur neighbour as urself" if God is not interested in seeing that this world would b a better place he wouldn't want us to love our neighbours. Why are we distracting ourselves with tatoo,

Everybody puts on what he/she likes. How does puting on black jeans glorify God, put still u put is on and feel good. If I like tatoo, I will put it all over my body and I will decide if it will stop me from loving and obeying God.
hmmm one sensible post so far that doesnt involve judgin *cool* may be not all christians reason 4rm anus anyway
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by RedLight1: 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
joe4christ: I'm of the believe that the OP got those tatoo on while still in da world, but now that you're born again, remember 'Old things have passed away, behold all things are new now.'
your tatoo would not be held against you so long you dont flaunt it, remember God cannot be decieved, he knows your deepest thoughts.
Instead get your clothing that would help always cover up those tatoos cos you should really be ashamed flaunting them out if u trully genuinly got born again, and when asked by anyone why the tatoo on you, just tell them it's lifetime reminder of the gutter christ picked and saved you from (Your former life) in that way it would bring glory to God the father and to the lord Jesus who bought you with his precious blood.
Bless you.

Joe4christ!!!
hmmm another lovely post
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by BeingAkorede(m): 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dont flaunt the tattoos, perhaps it'll reduce your purnishment.....
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by great664(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ayomivic: Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.
you've just spoken my mind and why most of them don't know or are arguing is because the devil has illuminate them and they term it Fashion, just look as girls dress in 2013 is it right?

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by oludy: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
My 2 cents guys.

The followers/believers of/in Jesus Christ were termed disciples before they were first called "Christians" in Antioch.
Dictionary defines a disciple as "one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another".
If we are disciples of Jesus Christ (Christians), we should accept and then spread the doctrines/teachings of Jesus Christ.
There were so many laws God gave the Israelites in the days of Moses which are not relevant anymore. They were meant for that dispensation.
When Jesus Christ came with his message of Salbvation, he changed most of them. See mathew chapter 5.
I believe we should check out what Jesus said about any issue before we conclude.

What did he have to say about tattoos?

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by RedLight1: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
God doesnt want us to smoke ... yet he created tobacco and weeds, he doesnt want us to drink yet he gave us finest beers and rums... he doesnt want us to kill and then he gave us weapons, he doesnt want us to fornicate yet he gave us the urge ... he doesnt want us to tattoo yet he gave us the ink ...everything he created was perfect and yet we have deaf and dumb, the cripple and the midgets...god is love yet he throws anyone that sin into hell fire that burns forever. even as wicked as my great grand mother was, she cannot throw anybody into hot water let alone fire just for lying or wearing tattoo or drinking.... why would u tempt ur creations with tobacco, weeds and tattoo and when they fall for it, u throw them into hell fire and still claim u love them ... this is beyond me

2 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by favinvest: 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
I think d problem of the african church is dat we cant differentiate btw our conservative culture aka tradition & temperaments from christianity.

If u re in d yoruba land where d words of elders re final; even wen d elder is saying words of 15century we must take it. That's why an uneducated pastor in lagos will tell u dat studying upto PHD mains u re nt expecting d second coming of d Lord.

As per temperament. If u re a pure sanguine or extrovert; if u go to Deeper life; Kumuyi members will see u as a carnal broda because u re nt walking like Kumuyi d introvert.

Same goes for this tattoo. Where is it written in d bible thou shall not tattoo

3 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by mamabear1(f): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
4 all of u sayin tatoo is bad n will lead u 2 hell....who gave all of u d right 2 pass judgement? U pple re jus like d pple whom christ told dat if any of u is wivout sin,he shud 1st cast a stone upon d woman.... We re not leaving under d law again...nevertheless if he says he did his tatoo ignorantly or wen he waz in d world,he is definitely 4given....d death of christ waz 4 sinners n as such he is not condemned.... D issue of wether tatoo is right or wrng shudnt be argued among real christians matas like diz require wisdom b4 u open ur mouth

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
mama bear: 4 all of u sayin tatoo is bad n will lead u 2 hell....who gave all of u d right 2 pass judgement? U pple re jus like d pple whom christ told dat if any of u is wivout sin,he shud 1st cast a stone upon d woman.... We re not leaving under d law again...nevertheless if he says he did his tatoo ignorantly or wen he waz in d world,he is definitely 4given....d death of christ waz 4 sinners n as such he is not condemned.... D issue of wether tatoo is right or wrng shudnt be argued among real christians matas like diz require wisdom b4 u open ur mouth
The madam has spoken, case closed and thread locked.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
Joagbaje:
As much as I see tattoo as not decent . It's a matter of choice what decoration you put on your body .The bible is not against tattoo. God is not against tattoo. Do don't feel condemn by nothing.
.you are very funny.read leviticus 19:28
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by cold(m): 5:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
oludy: My 2 cents guys.

The followers/believers of/in Jesus Christ were termed disciples before they were first called "Christians" in Antioch.
Dictionary defines a disciple as "one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another".
If we are disciples of Jesus Christ (Christians), we should accept and then spread the doctrines/teachings of Jesus Christ.
There were so many laws God gave the Israelites in the days of Moses which are not relevant anymore. They were meant for that dispensation.
When Jesus Christ came with his message of Salbvation, he changed most of them.
See mathew chapter 5.
I believe we should check out what Jesus said about any issue before we conclude.

What did he have to say about tattoos?

Really?

. In Matthew 5:18 Jesus says:

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

It goes further to say; Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven

Isaiah 40:8, "the word of our God stands forever."

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I have not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Why do you guys always want to pick & choose what you think is convenient for you at a particular time?Like i stated in previous thread,there really is no middle ground.The Bible has to be an-all-or-nothing book.You can't pick and choose at your convenience

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by studM(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ghettoguru: Thanks guys for your inputs.

@Willzkid, my tattoos are permanent, so I guess there nothing I can do now!

@Ayomivic, you said it's a sin, does that mean it's unforgivable? If God in his infinite wisdom and mercy will not forgive me for ignorantly putting on tattoos but throw me in hell to suffer for eternity, then where is the love of God that Christianity preaches about?

@ghettoguru,
Christianity is all about principles and considerations,as someone has earlier said before,we r no longer under any law,as Christ has redeemed us from that(gal3;13-14),but d fact that we have liberty in Christ doesn't mean we should allow our liberty 2 become a stumbling block 2 others that are of little faith,anything that does not glorify God will definitely glorify d devil,but in ur case,u did it out of ignorance,which is forgivable,we serve a merciful and compassionate God whose desire is 2 see that many come 2 repentance
what can be tagged as "sin" 2 one b4 God might not be in d case of som1 else in my own opinion,it is ur motive behind ur action that maters b4 God,for man looks outwardly,while God looks in2 d heart

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by redsun(m): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
Do you actually think that your decayed carcass form back exactly the way it was before you died for god to see the tatoos on the presumed day of judgement?

Believers are like alices in wonderland.They callously discards reasons to wind.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
great664: you've just spoken my mind and why most of them don't know or are arguing is because the devil has illuminate them and they term it Fashion, just look as girls dress in 2013 is it right?
Grow up! There is nothing wrong in their dressing than in your primitive mind everybody must dress like you to be well-dressed.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by salt1: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
I believe

1. That there is heaven and hell. I prefer to go through life believing this and living as tho they exist, die and find out that they don't really exist; than to go through life (80years most likely) believing they don't exist and wake up on the other side to see they exist.

2. That Christ said that the way is narrow and few they be that find it. Therefore, I would prefer to travel SO LIGHT (no doubtful things: tatoos inclusive) that I can slip through that narrow gate than carrying so much doubtful things that I hit the two doorposts and be barred from entering.

3. That your outward appearance is a reflection of your inner being. Others think the same way too, which is why we can think someone is a prostitute because she LOOKS like one. Of course she may not be one but I won't like my Christian integrity or testimony to be in doubt at any time. People should tell who and what I am. They could do so with the early Christians at Antioch.

4. That the heaven described in the Bible is soooooo beautiful that whatever price paid to enter it is cheap. Heaven is cheap at any price. Not that tatoo is even a price for me. Many people think like me: that those with tatoos are Thinking-Ahead-Deficient. It affects your perception in the work place and in many other civil engagements. Yet to hear of a bank MD with nose and tongue piercings.

5. That people think differently is immaterial. God will judge both the ACTION and INTENTION so judgement will be very personal.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by saved: 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
Either we like it or not, we shall all face the judgement throne. You can do whatever you like with your body but, HIS standards will never change. If you think you can armtwist God to conform to your mortal, corrupt, eye pleasing, scientific evidence based thinking, then you are deceiving yourself. Not a single jot of HIS word will go unfulfilled. If you like, obtain the mark of the beast, afterall, it is your life. Everyone knows that God is loving but, for mortal man to question His authority and agape love is tantamount to heresy....shalom.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by tlops(m): 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
just make sure you remain recognizable to God!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2013
saved: Either we like it or not, we shall all face the judgement throne. You can do whatever you like with your body but, HIS standards will never change. If you think you can armtwist God to conform to your mortal, corrupt, eye pleasing, scientific evidence based thinking, then you are deceiving yourself. Not a single jot of HIS word will go unfulfilled. If you like, obtain the mark of the beast, afterall, it is your life. Everyone knows that God is loving but, for mortal man to question His authority and agape love is tantamount to heresy....shalom.

^^^

No offense Boss, mind telling me what the Bible says about questioning God? Is it a sin? Because a couple of Prophets did questioned God.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by mascot87(m): 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
Are u trying to tell me that those with tribal mar
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by mascot87(m): 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Are u trying to tell me that those with tribal mark are also not going to heaven?pls I need a reasonable person to explain
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
@OP.

Will having sex send you to hell?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2013

for u writing dis words, God will bless u behond ur imagination, u will neva nd eva b mislid by satan, u shall nt cry ova anybody nd nobody will cry ova u, sucess in all ur doings. THANK U VERY MUCH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pics From The Experience 2014 At TBS / Apostle Suleman Gifts Man $1000 To Secure Accommodation In Ghana (Photos) / Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.