Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? (18443 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2013
The bible says God is love but I keep wondering if that is entirely correct seeing as some verses condemned things like tattooing one's body. Also, I had gone through some topics about christian views on tattoos here on nairaland and some christians seem to be 100% sure & even comfortable with the idea that anyone who tattooed his or her body is a sinner and should be thrown in hell on the judgement day.

I have a few tattoos, does that mean I and others like me are already condemned and our prayers & worships are useless? If that's true, then, is there any need worshipping a God that will end up throwing us in hell for tattooing our bodies?

If God is going to throw us all in hell for some of these reasons, where is the love? If the good things we do wouldn't be remembered because of mere tattoos, then where is the love? Is God truly love?

I'd like to know your views. Thanks.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by akinademayowa(m): 11:33am On Jan 15, 2013
The problem we av in Christianity today is dt many of us Christians approach Christianity in a religious way but Christianity is nt in any way a religion.we r nt bound by any law of do's n don'ts or by any rules n regulations.no matter ao we view ds thns whether we understand it or nt,al these do's n don'ts wl definitely put us back in bondage from whc Christ has made us free.we av nt received d spirit of fear again un2 bondage.no.Christianity isnt about u keeping laws or rules.it's about following d leadin of d holy spirit.now don't misunderstand me,I'm nt sayin dt there's sin again or that we r free 2do anythn ,no.but d truth is dt if u r born again,d holy spirit wl lead u n gv u d understandn of wat is right n wrong,nt u tryin 2follow letters of laws.i wl neither say yes nor no that wearing trousers or any of those questns dt tend to bring confusion,whether they r right or wrong.infact they can b either,depending on ao u r convinced by d holy spirit.for example,there is absolutely nothn wrong if females that understand d word of God wear trousers,not wrong @all.but if another female blvs dt it's wrong,but she starts to wear it just cos she sees another person wearing it n nt cos she's convinced in her own heart by d holy spirit,it's vry wrong for her.for anything dt is done wtout faith is sin.

14 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
^^^
You have a point there bro, I appreciate your input!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Joagbaje(m): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2013
As much as I see tattoo as not decent . It's a matter of choice what decoration you put on your body .The bible is not against tattoo. God is not against tattoo. Do don't feel condemn by nothing.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 19, 2013
^^^

Good morning Joagbaje (hope I got the name right this time)

Finally, something we agree on! cheesy
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by wordthots: 10:00am On Jan 19, 2013
akinademayowa: The problem we av in Christianity today is dt many of us Christians approach Christianity in a religious way but Christianity is nt in any way a religion.we r nt bound by any law of do's n don'ts or by any rules n regulations.no matter ao we view ds thns whether we understand it or nt,al these do's n don'ts wl definitely put us back in bondage from whc Christ has made us free.we av nt received d spirit of fear again un2 bondage.no.Christianity isnt about u keeping laws or rules.it's about following d leadin of d holy spirit.now don't misunderstand me,I'm nt sayin dt there's sin again or that we r free 2do anythn ,no.but d truth is dt if u r born again,d holy spirit wl lead u n gv u d understandn of wat is right n wrong,nt u tryin 2follow letters of laws.i wl neither say yes nor no that wearing trousers or any of those questns dt tend to bring confusion,whether they r right or wrong.infact they can b either,depending on ao u r convinced by d holy spirit.for example,there is absolutely nothn wrong if females that understand d word of God wear trousers,not wrong @all.but if another female blvs dt it's wrong,but she starts to wear it just cos she sees another person wearing it n nt cos she's convinced in her own heart by d holy spirit,it's vry wrong for her.for anything dt is done wtout faith is sin.

#on point
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by ijawkid(m): 10:21am On Jan 19, 2013
Joagbaje:
As much as I see tattoo as not decent . It's a matter of choice what decoration you put on your body .The bible is not against tattoo. God is not against tattoo. Do don't feel condemn by nothing.

Smh
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Ayomivic(m): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.

36 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Willzkid(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
I was just discussing this issue with my brother Rhemaplus yesterday and his expose was really enlightening..
While the law was about "dos" and "don'ts" christianity is more about principles..the problem is that christians of nowadays will rather go back to the law..one of our guiding principles should be 1corinth 10:31 Whether therefore all of y ou eat, or drink, or whatsoever all of you do, do all to the glory of God.
My brother ghetto, you said you already have the tatoos, in that case I'll advise you see how 2 remove it if is temporary as it obviously does not glorify God.
In the case of it being permanent there's nothing you can do about it..your life should be enough to preach your present state.
For those who wish to have tatoos soon, inasmuch as we want to exercise our freedom in Christ, let's be humble enough to ask how having a tatoo glorifies God..
If you are not concerned about the glory even your minutest actions bring to God, your spiritualmindedness is already shaky.
As I said earlier, this is not necessarily a "Right" and "Wrong" matter, or "sin" and "not-a-sin" matter..It's about christian principles.

5 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 20, 2013
Thanks guys for your inputs.

@Willzkid, my tattoos are permanent, so I guess there nothing I can do now!

@Ayomivic, you said it's a sin, does that mean it's unforgivable? If God in his infinite wisdom and mercy will not forgive me for ignorantly putting on tattoos but throw me in hell to suffer for eternity, then where is the love of God that Christianity preaches about?

2 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Interesting! Joining in....

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Revolva(m): 8:39am On Jan 20, 2013
There is no hell why can't you people take all this gardamm mentality off your mind

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2013
This topic has already been extensively discussed here: www.nairaland.com/862598/tattoo-body-evil

It is a sin but no one is absolutely certain it can take u to hell cos not all sins lead to hell.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2013
Revolva: There is no hell why can't you people take all this gardamm mentality off your mind
You are bound in the name of JESUS!

4 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by alexleo(m): 9:04am On Jan 20, 2013
Ghettoguru: The bible says God is love but I keep wondering if that is entirely correct seeing as some verses condemned things like tattooing one's body. Also, I had gone through some topics about christian views on tattoos here on nairaland and some christians seem to be 100% sure & even comfortable with the idea that anyone who tattooed his or her body is a sinner and should be thrown in hell on the judgement day.

I have a few tattoos, does that mean I and others like me are already condemned and our prayers & worships are useless? If that's true, then, is there any need worshipping a God that will end up throwing us in hell for tattooing our bodies?

If God is going to throw us all in hell for some of these reasons, where is the love? If the good things we do wouldn't be remembered because of mere tattoos, then where is the love? Is God truly love?

I'd like to know your views. Thanks.

My friend your problem is self. You care about pleasing yourself while God bows to your selfishness in the name of Love. You peop arr just messing up. If you repent genuinely God will forgive you but if it is this pranks you are playing here then you are not serious. Tattoo is not good for christian. Forget about all these agents of deceit here who are telling you that it is good. At the judgement throne you will stand alone and none of them will be there to defend you. Stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2013
alexleo:

My friend your problem is self. You care about pleasing yourself while God bows to your selfishness in the name of Love. You peop arr just messing up. If you repent genuinely God will forgive you but if it is this pranks you are playing here then you are not serious. Tattoo is not good for christian. Forget about all these agents of deceit here who are telling you that it is good. At the judgement throne you will stand alone and none of them will be there to defend you. Stop deceiving yourself.

@FXKing212, thank you.

@Alexleo, what's it with the ranting? The emboldened part, who told you I'm playing prank and my repentance isn't genuine? smh. And again, that I'm deceiving myself? Damn you bro! Anyways, thank God you know the sin isn't unforgivable!

Next>
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by alexleo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ghettoguru:

@FXKing212, thank you.

@Alexleo, what's it with the ranting? The emboldened part, who told you I'm playing prank and my repentance isn't genuine? smh. And again, that I'm deceiving myself? Damn you bro! Anyways, thank God you know the sin isn't unforgivable!

Next>

Ok sorry if i accused you wrongly. Surely if you pray sincerely God will forgive you. God bless you.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^
Okay thank you bro. I appreciate your comment!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by MrAnony1(m): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012: This topic has already been extensively discussed here: www.nairaland.com/862598/tattoo-body-evil

It is a sin but no one is absolutely certain it can take u to hell cos not all sins lead to hell.
I am very puzzled and quite honestly worried by how you can make this statement. Care to explain what you mean?

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by MrAnony1(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
akinademayowa: The problem we av in Christianity today is dt many of us Christians approach Christianity in a religious way but Christianity is nt in any way a religion.we r nt bound by any law of do's n don'ts or by any rules n regulations.no matter ao we view ds thns whether we understand it or nt,al these do's n don'ts wl definitely put us back in bondage from whc Christ has made us free.we av nt received d spirit of fear again un2 bondage.no.Christianity isnt about u keeping laws or rules.it's about following d leadin of d holy spirit.now don't misunderstand me,I'm nt sayin dt there's sin again or that we r free 2do anythn ,no.but d truth is dt if u r born again,d holy spirit wl lead u n gv u d understandn of wat is right n wrong,nt u tryin 2follow letters of laws.i wl neither say yes nor no that wearing trousers or any of those questns dt tend to bring confusion,whether they r right or wrong.infact they can b either,depending on ao u r convinced by d holy spirit.for example,there is absolutely nothn wrong if females that understand d word of God wear trousers,not wrong @all.but if another female blvs dt it's wrong,but she starts to wear it just cos she sees another person wearing it n nt cos she's convinced in her own heart by d holy spirit,it's vry wrong for her.for anything dt is done wtout faith is sin.
Exactly!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Segunagagu(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Having tattoos is sending u to hell..simple

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Akporugo247: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Segun agagu: Having tattoos is sending u to hell..simple
Guy no go make the guy commit suicide lol!!! Make i no go put punny 4 ur mouf?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by MrAnony1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
Segun agagu: Having tattoos is sending u to hell..simple
Really?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I am very puzzled and quite honestly worried by how you can make this statement. Care to explain what you mean?
I mean every unrighteousness is a sin before God but not all sins lead to hell. The Bible is expressly clear on this, I'm sure u know this.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by MrAnony1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012:
I mean every unrighteousness is a sin before God but not all sins lead to hell. The Bible is expressly clear on this, I'm sure u know this.
Are you serious? Please where in the bible do you see sins that lead lead you to heaven?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by alexleo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012:
which one is sins that cant lead you to hell? You people should be careful how you adulterate God's word. If you mislead people with this kind of false teaching be ready to give account at judgement throne.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by akinademayowa(m): 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ayomivic: Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.

@Ayomivic,if u want hundreds of bible verses 2back up my point,i wl surely gv u.d truth is dt if righteousness comes by d works of d law,then Christ is dead in vain.let me ask u,if d bible says we shld nt love d world,does dt mean we shld nt eat d food dt is made in d world or we shldnt wear cloths dt sinners of d world make?or mayb ur own cloth &food r made in heaven i don't knw.d Christ life is nt actually quoting d do's n don'ts of d law.read n understand vry well Romans chapter 10 &11.d righteousness of God,wat makes u a right man in d sight of God,is nt because u obey d letters of d law,but d spirit.our righteousnes is by faith nt by d law.now if u read my comment vry well,i didn't actually support d tattooing one's body.to me it's always highly irritating wen i c it on ppl,but i can neva condemn any1 dt use it.d holy spirit doesnt condemn ppl,he rather seeks to justify them.but one thn I'm sure is dt if u r really born again n u r following d leadn of d holy spirit,i dont thnk d spirit of God wl lead u in2 tattooing ur body.wat wl make a child of God 2print any image on his/body?it's cos they want 2bcom world class.they want 2match up wt d standard of d world.but actually,friendship wt d world is enmity wt God.wat i posted earlier is actually correct biblically, but i still strongly blv dt d holy spirit wl neva lead u in2 tattooing ur body

4 Likes

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Are you serious? Please where in the bible do you see sins that lead lead you to heaven?
I really dont appreciate being intentionally wrongly quoted. Pls where in my post did I say sin leads to heaven?
You have to answer this or correct your statement for me to continue this discussion.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
alexleo:
which one is sins that cant lead you to hell? You people should be careful how you adulterate God's word. If you mislead people with this kind of false teaching be ready to give account at judgement throne.
I've always respected your opinions but in this case dont u think u shld have asked me to explain or show u Bible passages that made me make such a comment before labelling me a false teacher?

I expect us to be very intelligent and civilized in our dealings pls.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by MrAnony1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012:
I really dont appreciate being intentionally wrongly quoted. Pls where in my post did I say sin leads to heaven?
You have to answer this or correct your statement for me to continue this discussion.
If there are some sins that won't lead you to hell, where are such sins leading you if not heaven? Or is there a third place that you are yet to tell us about?

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
If there are some sins that won't lead you to hell, where are such sins leading you if not heaven? Or is there a third place that you are yet to tell us about?
I see u are holding on to your misinformation, pls enjoy it then.
Now I see why pple like you never learn, u think u know it all when in actual fact u know nothing.

Ignorance is bliss, pls wallow in it and enjoy it.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by MrAnony1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012:
I see u are holding on to your misinformation, pls enjoy it then.
Now I see why pple like you never learn, u think u know it all when in actual fact u know nothing.

Ignorance is bliss, pls wallow in it and enjoy it.
Wow?

You still haven't told us these sins that are permitted in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / What They Don't Tell You About Atheism / President Adama Barrow Hosts Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.