Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful (21787 Views)

How To Know You Are Becoming Successful / Excuses Graduates Give For Not Starting Their Own Business / 5 Things That Keeps People From Getting Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by OmolodMilkman93(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
k oh,
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by anelka101(m): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ego
me?this kind job,lailai
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
991: 1. It is very difficult ---- of course it's very difficult to make it without believing in myself.

2. I am too young or too old to go for it ----- of course am too young to lose hope on becoming a billionaire.

3. Nobody takes me seriously or I have been rejected ----- of course nobody takes me serious but who cares, am doing great in my business

4. I am not that much educated ----- of course am not that educated but my business is fetching me money more than the educated ones.

5. I don’t know how ----- of course i don't know how but i employed an expert to do some works for me.

6. I don’t have time ---- of course i don't have time, am busy with my business making money

7. He/she is responsible for my failure ---- of course she was, but nevertheless i dumped her and moved on.

8. It is very risky ----- of course it could be very risky to jump down from mainland bridge for 10k

9. What if/could/would ---- of course what if am going to lose a huge amount, well let me invest little for a start

10. The idea is not perfect or might not work. ----of course the idea of killing for money is not perfect and might not work, so let me stick with my importation business because am making millions annually.

@ OP, now tell me how am a failure??

i hate ur type,,,dey only admire n see d negativity in someone else creativity n dey neglect d positivity,,,y av u failed to reason straight....who's tellin u to steal et al ,,,well if dats wat u can derive from d write-up..its ur own cup of alomo....,,i mean d way u see it is not d way others sees it .,,moreover,d word "impossible" can only be found in d dictionary of a FOOL..dont act like one,,,,NO OFFENCE .

1 Like

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by antontech(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Now this the kinda of thing FRONT PAGE should be about NOT RUKY SANDALS.....
AND TONTO DIKE STORIES
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Dahbutter(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
hmmm things that hinder a man's success? i know one- marrying a money gobbling, high maintenance, gold diggin b!tchh! they've ruined the future of many promissing men angry ask 190
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by vislabraye(m): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
There's too much politics.

The oga is a Yoruba man or an Igbo lady and he/she does not like my face.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by k2039: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
molisk:
7. He/she is responsible for my failure
IMHO, this is the greatest of them, whoever one holds responsible for one's failure is the person one has given the permision to control one's life.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Btruth: 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Better try and fail, than never.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by kalufelix(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
fellis: Some of these excuses can also protect one from failure, excuses like
-It is risky (it might actually be risky and meant to be avoided)
or
-It might not work. Because whatever plan it is might actually fail and lead to loss of money and time.
even wen it looks perfect u nva knw wat the outcome wud be..ah guess dats the beauty of life

so i'l rather go 4 it and fail than shy away cos u might end up missin the real opportunity
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by greatgod2012(f): 7:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
Another point..............nigeria economy is not encouraging
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by OmerianConsult: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
What will ppu say?
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Beautiful writeup U̶̲̥̅̊ gat there.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
You forgot to add religion.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
greatgod2012: Another point..............nigeria economy is not encouraging

lol. ppl say that about america.

ex:

nagger: "they (the 'system') are trying to hold the black man down".

and then you ask, "well did you put in applications?"

nagger: *silence*

grin grin

so another excuse would be one's "race/ethnicity".
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Ejiogbe(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,
If you check properly, at the bottom of ALL of these excuses is the ugly head of "MR FEAR OF FAILURE". The fear of failure gives birth to the fear of starting,which comes from the fear of losing money and on, and on, and on, and you find yourself on the same spot the year round and all the years.
Have you ever pondered on the fact that there is virtually no truly successful entrepreneur or business person who has NEVER FAILED before.

All i know is that "NOTHING VENTURES, NOTHING WINS". Failure is not a resting place. Failure is a necessary and painful ingredient for SUCCESS.

Ask Dangote. Ask Bill Gate. Ask any honestly successful business person.

www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by tunnlex(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Georgesmartt(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
:-(
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
molisk: Let's pose this to Nairalanders!

Which excuse do you relate yourself to? It could or could not be from the list.

I dont give excuses, i just do it.

Excuses irritate me. Cause i know someone somewhere has already achieved that for which another is giving an excuse. You must have a lion heart to avoid excuses. Most times, our fears make us shy away from taking the bull by the horn.

JUST DO IT BABY.....
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
Revolva: 11. Nigeria is too hard to be an enterpreneur!! (Loans, electricity)

Yes it is hard being an entrepreneur in Nigeria. I am so i know.

But Dangote, Adenuga made it so i must. #Just saying....
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
fellis: Some of these excuses can also protect one from failure, excuses like
-It is risky (it might actually be risky and meant to be avoided)
or
-It might not work. Because whatever plan it is might actually fail and lead to loss of money and time.

Fear of the unknown and inertia to act/start are characters of a naive/starter. Every business has a risk element. The higher the risk, the higher the returns.

Truth is if you dont fail at it, you wont know how to succeed at it. So you must start. But gather as much information as possible in any line of business venture you are planning towards before you plunge in. Even in loss making, it is also a business skill to know when to pull out. Making losses in a business doenst mean the business isnt viable. It may be a wrong season for the business, you may be running some unnecessary overhead/costs, your staff may be inexperienced, you may need to do something differently to cross the profit line.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
I'll start tomorrow. wink
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
jehovahnoni: i hate ur type,,,dey only admire n see d negativity in someone else creativity n dey neglect d positivity,,,y av u failed to reason straight....who's tellin u to steal et al ,,,well if dats wat u can derive from d write-up..its ur own cup of alomo....,,i mean d way u see it is not d way others sees it .,,moreover,d word "impossible" can only be found in d dictionary of a FOOL..dont act like one,,,,NO OFFENCE .

I just looked at your profile picture and your previous posts and they tell much about who you really are; ---- I ain't your mate kid!!
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Bestlyf: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
* Being comfortable with being average.
* It has never been done. Inability to think outside the box.
* Basking in the euphoria of yesterday's glory when you are failing comfortably today.
* Pride, lacking the humility to engage in something you think is below your qualification while working toward the bigger picture.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
pawa4ul: 11. I can't do it.

#12. NA MY STEP MOTHER FROM VILLAGE.
13. THERE IS A MILLION YEAR OLD CURSE IN OUR FAMILY
14. I AM NOT SOWING ENOUGH SEED OFFERING IN CHURCH
15. I AM WAITING FOR ONE DADDY PASTOR TO LAY HANDS ON ME 1ST
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by boyt1: 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
some say they are not successful in their careers and business because of the nigerian govt. while others believe that without American or European visas they cannot be successful in life
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by ebankole: 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
I BELIEF THE GREATEST ARE:

Fear

ego,me,doing such job

what would pple say if they see doing this

fear of critism

caring about wat pple wil say...
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by tripledub: 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
some ll say 'i don't ve money' or 'nobody in mi family is supporting me'
or 'if only my uncle will help me'
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by nidera(f): 12:49am On Jan 22, 2013
Factual fact.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 22, 2013
nidera: Factual fact.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 22, 2013
@op
Thanks
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Gladbaba(m): 7:30am On Jan 22, 2013
True talk jooor na so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN May Devalue Naira Steeply After 2023 Elections - Bloomberg / Google Unveils Plans For Its New £1 Billion London Based Headquarters (Pics) / Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.