Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

SHOCKING: Robbers Dig 100-foot Tunnel To Raid Bank In Germany - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SHOCKING: Robbers Dig 100-foot Tunnel To Raid Bank In Germany (650 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Custom Officials, Soldiers Raid Lagos Rice Stores. History Repeating Itself? / Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Robbers Dig 100-foot Tunnel To Raid Bank In Germany by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2013
I looked for the section to place this story, but I couldn't find any suitable one, so I guessed robbery is a kind of business to some folks, though pathetic and condemnable...hence, my reason for posting it here, bear with me mods.

German police say robbers dug a 30-meter (100-foot) tunnel into the safe deposit room of a Berlin bank and escaped with their haul, setting a fire as they left to cover their tracks.

Berlin police spokesman Thomas Neuendorf says the tunnel led from an underground garage into the bank's safe deposit room.

Neuendorf told The Associated Press Monday that the tunnel was "very professional" and must have taken weeks or even months to complete. It was elaborately constructed and even had ceiling supports.

Police were alerted to the break-in early Monday when a security guard noticed smoke coming from the deposit room.

Neuendorf says police are still trying to determine what valuables were stolen from the deposit boxes.

Details of the heist called to mind the spectacular robbery of another Berlin bank in 1995. During that robbery thieves entered the bank through the door, took hostages and demanded a helicopter and ransom.

Police besieged and eventually stormed the safe room where the thieves had holed up only to find they had escaped through a tunnel dug by accomplices. Several of the thieves were later caught. Culled from; AP News- Berlin

Re: SHOCKING: Robbers Dig 100-foot Tunnel To Raid Bank In Germany by bigfat: 11:49am On Jan 16, 2013
i think say na only nigeria dem dey thief
Re: SHOCKING: Robbers Dig 100-foot Tunnel To Raid Bank In Germany by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
bigfat: i think say na only nigeria dem dey thief
fo where? their own self, de always ne Hi-Tech o....

(1) (Reply)

Moderator Why Did You Delete My Post For A FREE Fiverr Tutorial? / Mini Importation Business Secrets Revealed / Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.