Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,420 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Your Experience With Area Boys - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Your Experience With Area Boys (9208 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / Boys Stripped Unclad For Stealing In Ogun State (Photo) / Businessman Murdered In Lagos For Refusing To 'Settle' Area Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience With Area Boys by Abujafood: 10:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Hi Peeps,

Just wanted to hear your experiences with Area boys whether in Lagos or elsewhere. Mine was in 2007, one silly guy had the guts to dip his hands into my pocket and threatened to get boys to beat me up if I didn't surrender my phone to him. Unfortunately he had no back up and I happened to be stronger than him, he was lucky to have escaped without being beaten up.

Another experience I had was in 2009 at computer village, one guy removed a diary from my pocket and said the only way I could get it back is if I paid him N500. To avoid trouble and since I had some important info in the diary, I quietly paid him and got it back.

What have been your experiences so far?
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 17, 2013
Mine was a long time ago. Can't remember the specific year but it would be around 2005 when i was on board a government agency vehicle and it broke down around Oshodi. Other passengers simply took to their heels when the area boys approached us but i was too naive to know what was about to happen. They simply mobbed me and took all the money i had on me. It was a shocking experience and i even had to beg them for my freedom.
I somehow found my way home with help from an Okada man who gave me a free ride.

I'm born and bread in Lagos and know much about Oshodi before that event so it's not about being JJC ...I'm not just prone to panic so that's probably why i didn't budge when they were approaching. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by salam001(m): 10:58am On Jan 17, 2013
Them boku for lagos
Never been harrased by them before,them no dey Fear Emi baba alaye?
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Abujafood: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
Brand_new: Mine was a long time ago. Can't remember the specific year but it would be around 2005 when i was on board a government agency vehicle and it broke down around Oshodi. Other passengers simply took to their heels when the area boys approached us but i was too naive to know what was about to happen. They simply mobbed me and took all the money i had on me. It was a shocking experience and i even had to beg them for my freedom.
I somehow found my way home with help from an Okada man who gave me a free ride.

Your case sounds like the proverbial JJC who lands in trouble for being in Rome but not acting like the Romans!

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by baby124: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Loool, those are my people now. They will just shout "mama! Awon boys nko". Especially when they are doing their fake repairs on some roads. I just tell them to calm down and give me space so I can give them their "owo odun". I like the way they psych. Hilarious. Crazy guys. The thing is they never forget the cars that give them money. No matter how infrequently you pass the roads. cheesy. Instead of them to use that kind of memory to do something serious. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
This one happened to my bros, he was passing through a park in Aba, some men stopped him asking for his ticket to walk through the park. He said he was just passing by, they refused to let him go until he gave them some money. Broad day light o and of course smelly park! More like a bus and taxi park

When he told us the story, I laughed and nearly pissed in my pant. This was somebody that claims he was tough.

For me those area boys go fear na cool

Those days I had my dreadlock and rock my Tom boy wears.

Na karate I go give you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Areaboy2(m): 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
What Have I done again!!!!!! Una no dey fear again abi angry angry angry angry angry angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by mutaalim(m): 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
Allah has not allow me to have any problem with the so called Area Boys since i do my Morning Azkar and Evening Azkr (Remembrance of Allah) Area boys for where

Regards

9 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Francheezy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
i dnt av any experience wit d b0ys in my area, are d b0yz in u guyz area that bad ?
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Am One -- What do U wanna Know about the HOOD? angry

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by YOUNGKAHUNA: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
Those Area Boys Only Got Mouth When They Are In Gang But Mute When Single/Alone. #Sayin From Experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by allout: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
When I was younger, I went with my mom and pops to Lagos island, on our way back we had cause to quickly branch my dad's office (in CMS) and took Idumota area. Momsie wanted to buy something in the traffic so she rolled down, before you could say 'stop' area boys had surrounded the car with a stilleto pointing @ my dad's neck.

Being a teenager into university confra tingz, I knew code I'd utter that'd make them turn around, but who born me well? For church, popsie na deacon, momsie na matron. . . any attempt by me to salvage the situation with my street savvy would have made them disowned their purportedly innocent and saintly looking son on the spot. embarassed

Na hin I form aje dey look as dem obtain old man oooh!

Would have spoken out sha if anything had happened to my dad!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Castos(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ha choro i ri m!!!!!
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
i remember one day i was coming home late.an area boy accosted me and threatened me with a blunt cutlass demanding for my bag. i just looked at him and laughed. i told him that i have a gun in my bag and if he says any word i will shoot his balls.the eediot just ran away.Me sef i be area mama! dem wan try! tongue

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by pillzthadrugz(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
Shut up ur stinky mouth......."Allah".....abi na only u dey worship God?.......yeye malo boi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by dridowu: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
I cnt stat talking now, because if i do seun will klose ds thread because of me. UNCOUNTABLE TIMES WITH AREA BOIZ FROM OJU INA BOIZ, ISALE , MUSHIN BOIZ, IDUMOTA BOIZ, OLUWOLE BOIZ OKEPOPO BOIZ ETC

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
I've never met them...i pray i won't

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim: Allah has not allow to have any problem with the so called Area Boys since i do my Morning Azkar and Evening Azkr (Remembrance of Allah) Area boys for where

Regards

Why don't you take your crazy allah elsewhere SMDH

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Parnassuss(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
When I was younger my popsi changed one would be tout's mind with a slap and a kick. The rest gathered and tried to start something but old man quietly dragged the dude on the floor to his feet and put him in a choke hold. I was ready to wet myself then, but for some reason the rest were more content to wrest their member from my dad alive than start something else. We were driving to Ghana and stopped for a short snack in Lag.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by iamswizz(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
I b area boy.. But i never get experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by hrmkz: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
I was already late for work, as I alight from the danfo at oshodi, crossed to middle of express and withing a twinkle of an eye this guy appeared from nowhere and held my trouser shouting " I don catch u, u no climb bridge" but he left me withing seconds and disappeared. I got to the office, settled down for almost hours before noticing that my BB is gone (Bold 5 @ 100k).
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
berem: i remember one day i was coming home late.an area boy accosted me and threatened me with a blunt cutlass demanding for my bag. i just looked at him and laughed. i told him that i have a gun in my bag and if he says any word i will shoot his balls.the eediot just ran away.Me sef i be area mama! dem wan try! tongue
Your must have had a very good dream where every thing is possible

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by TeenageMoney(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
Me na area boy... Area boys no fit meet me.... Theif no dey thief thief
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Truckpusher(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
I use to run into them every now and then and manages to escape until I learnt some tricks abt them .
The first trick is to know the cartel that holds sway in the area you're going.
Second trick is to greet them using their signal and after a couple of handshakes that belongs to them you flash their peace signal and all smiles

Third trick is to tell them you've got money for them after all you already know they own this area.

Fourth trick is to bring out the goddamn alcohol from the car take a sip and hand it over to the one that looks more fierce and breathing fire and smoke.

Fifth trick is to bring out the cash count it and say I have 20gees in raw pidgin English and hand over 15gees then you tell them you needed the 5gees for your own waka
The hailing starts immediately and you can relax for 5 to 7mins exchanging banters (anyhow talk)....immediately you tell them that you want to go I can promise you that they will give you a blank cheque for the entire streets some will begin to ask for numbers and you're the king....if it doesn't work send me a pm grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
They no they fear face?.
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Dygeasy(m): 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
mutaalim: Allah has not allow to have any problem with the so called Area Boys since i do my Morning Azkar and Evening Azkr (Remembrance of Allah) Area boys for where

Regards
shut up jor! What are we saying wahs he talking about? Na dese kind peeps dey vex person. The topic is a normal topic, must you take it religious. Go waka for where area boys dey make we see now. As if Area Boys are some curse/spirit. Ahn ahn...smh

4 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by baby124: 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
all-out:
When I was younger, I went with my mom and pops to Lagos island, on our way back we had cause to quickly branch my dad's office (in CMS) and took Idumota area. Momsie wanted to buy something in the traffic so she rolled down, before you could say 'stop' area boys had surrounded the car with a stilleto pointing @ my dad's neck.

Being a teenager into university confra tingz, I knew code I'd utter that'd make them turn around, but who born me well? For church, popsie na deacon, momsie na matron. . . any attempt by me to salvage the situation with my street savvy would have made them disowned their purportedly innocent and saintly looking son on the spot. embarassed

Na hin I form aje dey look as dem obtain old man oooh!

Would have spoken out sha if anything had happened to my dad!

What a joke, area boy go school to know all your aje butter confra code? Dem for beat shege. God save you that day. When they are in a big group they will do shege for you o, and most can't spell not to talk of understand cult sayings. You are funny sha. You think cult members and area boys are the same? Shebi you get mama and papa wey get car, wey dey drive you. Aje butter like you. Funny stuff.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
.some year ago,I went with my sister,and her friends to a club,and I was the only male. Later we left around 4am,not getting a cab,we decided to walk a little,suddenly four boys showed up from nowhere that threatened to rape my sisters,one of them gave me a dirty slap,I was just begging them. I gave them some money before they allowed us to go . It was just a miracle,cos they were all seductively dressed.
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Truckpusher: I use to run into them every now and then and manages to escape until I learnt some tricks abt them .
The first trick is to know the cartel that holds sway in the area you're going.
Second trick is to greet them using their signal and after a couple of handshakes that belongs to them you flash their peace signal and all smiles

Third trick is to tell them you've got money for them after all you already know they own this area.

Fourth trick is to bring out the goddamn alcohol from the car take a sip and hand it over to the one that looks more fierce and breathing fire and smoke.

Fifth trick is to bring out the cash count it and say I have 20gees in raw pidgin English and hand over 15gees then you tell them you needed the 5gees for your own waka
The hailing starts immediately and you can relax for 5 to 7mins exchanging banters (anyhow talk)....immediately you tell them that you want to go I can promise you that they will give you a blank cheque for the entire streets some will begin to ask for numbers and you're the king....if it doesn't work send me a pm grin grin grin grin grin

They will mob you like a mofo grin
Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by mutaalim(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
No insult please

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by Knnawuba(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Choiii! I had a nasty one in my secondary school days in Warri. I was the assistant head boy then, and there was this badt guy i made pick dirts in the school compound for comming late. Nna! As i was strolling through the guys street with my friend one cool evening like that. . . Choii! Nai this guy block me with some area baddos! As pa Ajé that i was, coupled with fear i started speaking phoné till one of them landed me a dirty slap. . . . [I would Be Right Back]

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Area Boys by yuzedo: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Was probably in 2007 or 2008, i took my dad's benz out without permission. I didn't have a drivers' license, nothing but sheer juvenile exuberance...
It was raining and i needed to pick up a package in Jibowu area of Yaba, with the fuel low (story for another day), i tried to pass an unfamiliar side-street thinking it was a short-cut to a filling station, boy, that street was uber narrow!

i unfortunately scraped someone's car and in the downpour, this man detained me eh? He insisted i fix the WHOLE scrappy car! grin Not even joking, neither was he... He wanted me to buy parts and fix for damage that had been there in his kabu-kabu like old honda. By this time he had taken me to the next street and detained my car. I looked up into the sky with rain pouring on me, and i wept.
I went to the street where the unfortunate incident occurred to find parts? I don't know what i was thinking. But i got there and the area boys asked me what i wanted,i explained myself and they jumped up in a flash (in indignation) stating they saw everything and the man was a crook, lets go meet him! *ghen ghen*

We went back and they argued my case for me o! It was obvious the #&@%?! was trying to be smart/play a fast one because the contact was so minimal, a feather coulda flicked off the missing parts, i was just unlucky to be at the wrong place. The man wanted to prove stubborn (think he had small clout in the area, maybe a descendant of original settlers or omo alhaja) but the area boys wouldn't budge, insisting the rusted parts he was claiming i damaged had already been damaged since. Omo, na so dem take free me from gbege o! They didn't even accept any token of appreciation. Bonafide good guys! smiley

(Na the good experience be dat, wash out for the bad one angry)

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Anambra Lawyer Remanded After Five Years Practice / Madariola Oriyomi Boladale Scam Four Nairalanders Of 2million Naira / Four Killed, 50 Injured, 20 Vehicles Destroyed As Hoodlums Clash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.