Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Terry G Almost Got Away With Stealing My Swag – T-code - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Terry G Almost Got Away With Stealing My Swag – T-code (1003 Views)

Pop Star Terry G's Son Got More Swag Than Most Celebrities / Terry G And His Mother (Picture) / Laide Bakare Unveils Multi Million Naira Project, Signs T.code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terry G Almost Got Away With Stealing My Swag – T-code by suremic(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
The idea behind T-code as stage name.
My name is Taiwo Korodo. The first alphabets of the two combine to make T–Code.
Besides I’m a coded guy who doesn’t pretend to be simple. I’m from Gbagura in Ogun State of Nigeria.

SOURCE: http:///aGJW

I Started As A Fuji Singer
“I began singing actually in 2000 with a full Fuji music band. I delved into Hip-Hop in 2OO8. I felt it was time to step up as an educated guy. As a matter of fact, singing just Fuji wasn’t giving one enough space and recognition. So, I called it Fuji Hip-Hop. That means I’m the pioneer of Fuji Hip-Hop anywhere”.

Why I parted ways with sheyman and Dr. Prat
I did collabos with a number of popular musicians like Sheyman and Dr. Prat of Hotter Than Fire fame, and many more. Sheyman is my cousin, so we had a very good working relationship. We did together one track, Baby So’oWa. After that, I did another one with Dr. Pratt in Hotter Than Fire. That one is the popular tune, L’aiye Ti Mo Wa Orimi Ma Jen Go Se Ooo, done in Fuji Hip-Hop tone.
I have also featured with Terry G, DJ Boombastic, Big Bamo, 9ice, Jaywon and many more. And I did the last part in Tribute To Dagrin songs. Why I parted ways with these guys was because I rediscovered myself and I felt I had to do new things on my own. I felt it was time to be myself and not just follow people about. I felt like stopping people from thinking that without them, one cannot survive.

I’m way ahead LKT
I often wonder why people think I copy songs that LKT did or that I imitate his voice. Capital No to this allegation. When I performed the song that shot me to limelight, Laiye Ti Mo Wa Orimi Ma Je N M’OsiOoo in Dr. Pratt’s ‘Hotter Than Fire album, LKT was not around in the industry then. The Yahooze album where he featured my voice and became known hasn’t gone to the studio for recording.
So, I’m amused when people think I’m the one copying him. Even, when I did the popular track, Laiye Ti Mo Wa…, many who were not following things thought it was another guy that did that song. I can tell you when LKT started his career as a musician.
But he can never come out to say he knew when I began singing. Except if he goes back now to do a research and quote references. But no problem, it’s good to have someone who wishes to be like you. That makes you a role model. I think he is also doing Fuji Hip-Hop but genuine music analysts can tell who is original and leading. See, I’m the king of the genre. It’s a healthy competition though.

Terry G. Stole My Song
I met Terry G when I went to a studio with some friends to record a song titled Sempe, with him. He told me he had been listening to my songs and that he liked them, and I returned the compliment. It was that time I asked him for a duet in a new song and, he welcomed the idea with open arms. He asked me to give him one of the songs I intended doing with him and I sang the song, he clapped and even danced and said oh, that was a nice one. But to my surprise, since I left the studio, Terry G never picked my calls again.
When I called he would always ignore and I was like, what is happening with this guy. So, I forgot about him. But some weeks after I did the song titled Fuji Swag, a lady friend from the UK just pinged me on BB and said she was just listening to my Fuji Swag but done by Terry G. My head was almost burst when I heard that. So, I went straight on the internet and downloaded the song. When I heard it, was a perfect copy of the song I did to him for a duet in the studio the other day, I laughed and concluded that it was time I reclaimed my property.
That same day, I invited my producer and said, ‘’guy, I have to do my Fuji Swag right away.’’ Thank God, I succeeded in knocking out the pirated Fuji Swag from the internet and replaced it with my original one. I killed the bastard song off air. It would have been the same story with LKT if I had left that fake song online. However, I still love the guy sha”.

I don’t believe in challenges
In life I believe one will continue to pay his dues as long as he lives. Even music super stars like Chief Ebenezer Obey KSA and others are still paying dues. Once you stop paying dues you are gone, career wise. Life, to me, is normal. I believe I’m still paying my dues.

Why I veered into music as a graduate
I’ve always loved entertainment. I studied Banking and Finance at the Kwara State University and graduated in 2OO2. As a student even before I entered the university, I have always been a lover of music. So, it wasn’t difficult for me to make a career out of music when I decided to.

My relationship with Laide Bakare
I met actress Laide Bakare at another actor’s event, Saidi Balogun. That was in 2O11. I’m one of her fans but she had heard little of me. So, when I approached her and proudly introduced myself, she was like, what is T-Code? But when I played one of my popular songs to her she recognized me immediately. She was even having that particular song as her ringtone then.
So I sold the idea of doing something together with her when we met again at another event, and she bought it. Fortunately, that idea gave birth to her record label project. That was how we recorded Azonto Fuji which is now everywhere.
Moreover, there are other tracks in my coming album which is due for launch now like Shalanga, Iwa where I featured 9ice, Joromi, and many more.
Re: Terry G Almost Got Away With Stealing My Swag – T-code by twaintoy(f): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Story......
Re: Terry G Almost Got Away With Stealing My Swag – T-code by homesteady(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
mtcheeew *snake hiss* only mad pple like tonto dikeh 'll do a duet with terry G .....maybe he is also mad
Re: Terry G Almost Got Away With Stealing My Swag – T-code by peacful: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
supper story pls what is d title of this story

(1) (Reply)

Http://naija2geda..com/2013/07/tonto-dike-insults-mercy-johnson-and.html / PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Flaunts Engagement Ring After DJ Khaled Proposal / Kenyan ‘bad Girl’ Claims She Had Sex With Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.