Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? (1630 Views)

Best European Country / Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra / Get A Permanent Residence Permit To Any European Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by kclub83(m): 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
is it possible for me to get a job in any european country with my nigerian degree?
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by phyl123: 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Haven't you heard? it is difficult for Europeans to get a job in europe cos there is a recession.
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Vicjustice: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
kclub83: is it possible for me to get a job in any european country with my nigerian degree?
You mean a "degree" in Native Doctor or traditional pharmacy?
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Naijalastborn(m): 6:55am On Jan 19, 2013
Vicjustice: You mean a "degree" in Native Doctor or traditional pharmacy?
though you have Good Information and I respect that, but what I hate you about is that you lack manners of Approach

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 19, 2013
kclub83: is it possible for me to get a job in any european country with my nigerian degree?
My brother, it is very possible but you will have work experience. My good friend graduated from UNIBEN and apply for highly skilled migrant visa and he got it and He is currently in UK working with his UNIBEN degree for the past 3years. Though, highly skilled visa is now close for UK now but, you can research on the country of your interested embassy in Nigeria and check the kind of visa available and go for it.
IT IS VERY POSSIBLE
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Vicjustice: 10:46am On Jan 19, 2013
Naija_lastborn: though you have Good Information and I respect that, but what I hate you about is that you lack manners of Approach
Please, don't bore me to death, allow me to have fun: I'm entitled to humour without anyone dictating my manners.
The poster asked a very broad and general question without specification of the kind of degree nor the country intended to use it in.
There are different kinds of degree and some are more regarded in individual European country than others, and some are allowed to be "upgraded" and converted while others are not. And there are also various EU countries with different educational, institutional and qualification policies: besides, not all European countries are in the EU.
Stop being a "HATER".
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by phyl123: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
fados4sure:
My brother, it is very possible but you will have work experience. My good friend graduated from UNIBEN and apply for highly skilled migrant visa and he got it and He is currently in UK working with his UNIBEN degree for the past 3years. Though, highly skilled visa is now close for UK now but, you can research on the country of your interested embassy in Nigeria and check the kind of visa available and go for it.
IT IS VERY POSSIBLE

May be you can enlighten us by telling us what degree you friend used to get a job directly in the UK , i know for a fact the certain degrees from some european countries are worth less than the paper they are written on when it comes to getting jobs in the current UK job market. Please do not give the OP false hope.
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2013
phyl123:

May be you can enlighten us by telling us what degree you friend used to get a job directly in the UK , i know for a fact the certain degrees from some european countries are worth less than the paper they are written on when it comes to getting jobs in the current UK job market. Please do not give the OP false hope.
What do you mean by force information? My friend graduated from Micro Biology in UNIBEN and was working in Government parastatals before he applied for highly skilled migrant visa to UK..
Check UKBA website and see for yourself though highly skilled migrant visa has been close since last year and that the UKBA said work permit is only available to residence in UK.
DO YOUR RESEARCH B/4 TALKING
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by phyl123: 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
fados4sure:
What do you mean by force information? My friend graduated from Micro Biology in UNIBEN and was working in Government parastatals before he applied for highly skilled migrant visa to UK..
Check UKBA website and see for yourself though highly skilled migrant visa has been close since last year and that the UKBA said work permit is only available to residence in UK.
DO YOUR RESEARCH B/4 TALKING

You seemed to have missed the point here, we are not talking about visas here, we are talking about jobs. And your friend is working as a micrbiologist in the UK with his Nigerian degree? then he is one hell of a lucky dude and for your information i,m not in a habit of making coments without facts here. Anyone can get any type of visa to the uk, if you satisfy all the requirements.
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Naijalastborn(m): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
Please, don't bore me to death, allow me to have fun: I'm entitled to humour without anyone dictating my manners.
The poster asked a very broad and general question without specification of the kind of degree nor the country intended to use it in.
There are different kinds of degree and some are more regarded in individual European country than others, and some are allowed to be "upgraded" and converted while others are not. And there are also various EU countries with different educational, institutional and qualification policies: besides, not all European countries are in the EU.
Stop being a "HATER".
in your inner mind its fun to make jest of what bother a Human like you, as I once said, Your information is so good when you give, but I still wonder why you haven't been the Moderator of the this Section but no I can see why you can't be a leader on this thread, he asked Question, if you don't understand it just asked in normal not a mockery way please.
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Naijalastborn(m): 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
phyl123:

@ VicJustice please go and learn more on how to approach Question and answer, see how a person like you asked question in a proper manner
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by agatha4life: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2013

It is possible and very rare. It depends on the country, your degree and work experiences. Most of the European countries educational system is different from what we have in Nigeria. You will first need to transfer your points to their points for them to see where you falls in their educational system. In some cases you will need to do more course to get their required point and language is another thing. you will need to learn the language to go to school and work. first thing first is for you to cheek on line if you have a particular country in mind. I hope this helps.
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Vicjustice: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Naija_lastborn: in your inner mind its fun to make jest of what bother a Human like you, as I once said, Your information is so good when you give, but I still wonder why you haven't been the Moderator of the this Section but no I can see why you can't be a leader on this thread, he asked Question, if you don't understand it just asked in normal not a mockery way please.
Naija_lastborn: @ VicJustice please go and learn more on how to approach Question and answer, see how a person like you asked question in a proper manner
Why are you bothered about my own manners, and how does my response to the poster's question become your own problem, or is there something we don't know about you?
And by the way, is it hard to understand that if every meaningful contributor in this section is expected to be made a moderator, there would be (at least) 99 moderators here. Is that what the forum needs?
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Naijalastborn(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
Why are you bothered about my own manners, and how does my response to the poster's question become your own problem, or is there something we don't know about you?
And by the way, is it hard to understand that if every meaningful contributor in this section is expected to made a moderator, there would be about 99 moderators here. Is that what the forum needs?
well you have said it all your manners are not my problem, but I know I am not wrong for correcting your Mistake, just admit it and let it Go, Grow up! grin
Re: Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree? by Vicjustice: 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Naija_lastborn: well you have said it all your manners are not my problem, but I know I am not wrong for correcting your Mistake, just admit it and let it Go, Grow up! grin
I should have more reasonable things to get involved with than to be in a competition with your kind.
OK, I heard you, you are the winner and the best. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Main Reasons Why You Should Definitely Visit Ethiopia / I Hate How Africans Think The Govt Is F*cked Up / Chinese Girl Arguing With Boyfriend In Middle Of Road Fatally Struck By Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.