Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire (6499 Views)

How To Block Some Numbers From Calling My Airtel Number / How To Make My Iphone Work With My Airtel Bis / How You Can Transfer Your Data Bundle From Your MTN Sim To Another Easily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Ralphjoe(m): 7:10am On Jan 19, 2013
I once had a problem of which i posted on nairaland, on which i asked how i can extend my airtel internet subscription that is due to expire jan 13th, 2013. I got alots of ideas there but none of them suited my plan. So i decided that i'll recharge my line to get their 15mb weekly giveaway, in the hope that it will extend my remaining data bundle of 16.78g for atleast a week. In the process of doing that, a plan came to my mind, i bought the recharge card of N200, i change the date of my phone to 2014, then i loaded the recharge card, i was credited with their usual 15mb but the expiry date was only extended for 5days that is to expire on the 18th of this month. I switched off my phone then on it again, changed the date back to the correct date. Uptil this very moment, my bundle have not still expired but it kept telling me that it'll expire 18th of jan. Today is 19th & it has still not yet expired. Am still using to browse now, infact i use it to post on nairaland nw. Palz, tell me what could be responsible for this.
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by bigtt76(f): 7:31am On Jan 19, 2013
Instead wey you go chop clean mouth ...you de go about show ur self! You wan continue de pay for bandwidth?

1 Like

Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by ciphoenix: 7:39am On Jan 19, 2013
It's temporary. Give it 2 days, it'll stop for real
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Fourcade(m): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2013
Isn't it a good thing? undecided
You long for something to happen.When you finally have your wish,you come here dey ask what is responsible for this? angry

1 Like

Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by uboma(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2013
@ op, call the customer care and tell them that ur data bundle has refused to end. i wonder y u must open a thread to complain. You can as well end it if u really want to.

1 Like

Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Ralphjoe(m): 9:11am On Jan 19, 2013
It's not as if i want it to stop o, to be sincere, i needed it badly, am just surprised that what i did made it to be extended, who knows, maybe i've just created a tweak.
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by ITbomb(m): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2013
Thanking you for bringing that to our notice , we are sorry for the inconvenience and will promptly deactivate the service.
What is your number again?
Airtel CC

3 Likes

Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by WackyJ1(m): 10:36am On Jan 19, 2013
Ralphjoe I think you already know to an extent what you did that is why you even had the idea to do it in the first place.
So i want to ask a question. Are you a nice guy? Because i want to PM You on how to get this amount of data you Have on your airtel sim
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by 4peace3: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2013
Ralphjoe: I once had a problem of which i posted on nairaland, on which i asked how i can extend my airtel internet subscription that is due to expire jan 13th, 2013. I got alots of ideas there but none of them suited my plan. So i decided that i'll recharge my line to get their 15mb weekly giveaway, in the hope that it will extend my remaining data bundle of 16.78g for atleast a week. In the process of doing that, a plan came to my mind, i bought the recharge card of N200, i change the date of my phone to 2014, then i loaded the recharge card, i was credited with their usual 15mb but the expiry date was only extended for 5days that is to expire on the 18th of this month. I switched off my phone then on it again, changed the date back to the correct date. Uptil this very moment, my bundle have not still expired but it kept telling me that it'll expire 18th of jan. Today is 19th & it has still not yet expired. Am still using to browse now, infact i use it to post on nairaland nw. Palz, tell me what could be responsible for this.

next time lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed no noise

congo on creating tweak dat is available long ago.
or are you telling me you dont if no
why did you change the date.
Some people shaa nonsense
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Jeffy1206(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2013
My guy dnt be over xcited here, airtel data plan do not xpire at de tym given but may deactivate it afta some dayz
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ralphjoe,...... Otikpoko realy said u culdnt finish d 19GB, nw u proved him rite, hpe u dey prepare ur money to subscribe again
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Abbey2sam(m): 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ralphjoe: I once had a problem of which i posted on nairaland, on which i asked how i can extend my airtel internet subscription that is due to expire jan 13th, 2013. I got alots of ideas there but none of them suited my plan. So i decided that i'll recharge my line to get their 15mb weekly giveaway, in the hope that it will extend my remaining data bundle of 16.78g for atleast a week. In the process of doing that, a plan came to my mind, i bought the recharge card of N200, i change the date of my phone to 2014, then i loaded the recharge card, i was credited with their usual 15mb but the expiry date was only extended for 5days that is to expire on the 18th of this month. I switched off my phone then on it again, changed the date back to the correct date. Uptil this very moment, my bundle have not still expired but it kept telling me that it'll expire 18th of jan. Today is 19th & it has still not yet expired. Am still using to browse now, infact i use it to post on nairaland nw. Palz, tell me what could be responsible for this.

Why did you change the date?
Maybe the system is confused about the date afterall it's a computer, people always cheat it

That might be the answer to your misery
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
The system is not confused.

I posted this a long time ago.

If you want to extend the life of your airtel bundle after subscribing for the bis plan, u should just subscribe for a regular data plan before it expires.

That said, you will be cut of at the expiration of the time the additional bundle is to expire.

And in your case Mr op you are one of the beneficiaries of the tweak where u guy added multiple months of data subscriptions to get a large amount of data. Ideally it would last for as long as the number of months u put together is.

No special worries here.

And now that u have notified airtel, im sure it will soon be rectified. Just in case you did not know, there are quite a number of people who work atty telcos on nairaland. They will look into the loopholes i can.assure u
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Francheezy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
f0la 0n p0!nT
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Ralphjoe(m): 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Jeffy1206: My guy dnt be over xcited here, airtel data plan do not xpire at de tym given but may deactivate it afta some dayz
wow, point taken, am still using it though. Thanx anyway
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by Ralphjoe(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
Woaw! woaw!! woaw!!!. Guys, how will my posting this on nairaland alert the network about the tweak, anyway all you airtel staff on nairaland, how will your reporting this tweak benefit you?
Re: My Airtel Data Bundle Has Refused To Expire by WackyJ1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: Ralphjoe,...... Otikpoko realy said u culdnt finish d 19GB, nw u proved him rite, hpe u dey prepare ur money to subscribe again
Long time guy. How your side

(1)

My Tecno Phantom AIII Has A Broken Screen And Won't Come On {photo} / File Download Stops When App Is Minimized. Any Solution? / Kindly Suggest A Phone Of 70k For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.