Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning (3368 Views)

See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / The Wars Of Religion / What Is Your Take On Being Dogmatic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

The most hilarious part of your one-man evolution crusade is that even your fellow atheists dont take it seriously either. For all your claims of "evidence", its amazing that those who do not believe in religion (i.e. are now "thinkers" led by reason) laugh at the theory of evolution in private.

1) If they laughed in private, how would you know?

2) Feel free to name a reputable scientist that denies evolution in private
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) If they laughed in private, how would you know?

2) Feel free to name a reputable scientist that denies evolution in private

Mazaje and co at least do not believe a word of your evolution theory. perhaps you both can have a debate on how you cannot even convince your own fellow atheists of this outlandish theory. See, its not just the religious mind that cannot understand a word of your claims.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
davidylan:

Mazaje and co at least do not believe a word of your evolution theory
. perhaps you both can have a debate on how you cannot even convince your own fellow atheists of this outlandish theory. See, its not just the religious mind that cannot understand a word of your claims.

Majaze, is davidylan lying or telling the truth?
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by cyrexx: 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2013

Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by manmustwac(m): 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Majaze, is davidylan lying or telling the truth?
Not all atheists believe in evolution logic boy. To the best of my knowledge he dose not, but he dose believe evolution to be a better explanation than the God saying let there be life fairytale.

1 Like

Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
manmustwac: Not all atheists believe in evolution logic boy. To the best of my knowledge he dose not, but he dose believe evolution to be a better explanation than the God saying let there be life fairytale.

Gbam.....that is all I needed to hear......
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by truthislight: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
plaetton:

How woudl you, for example explain to a child who has already been taught that the sun is responsible for day and night, that the sun was created on the third day of creation? How did the first two days occur?
How do explain that to your child?

have you ever considered the mention of "day" to be from the perspective of the one talking?

See:

"And there shall be no night there; and they

need no candle, neither light of the sun;

for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever." (Revelation 22:5).

If the one talking does not need the "sun" as a reference for day and night but has his own means of measuring time, of what relevance is your question?

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." (Psalm 90:4).

^^^
considering the fore going, it is obvious that your ignorance may destroy you.

forgetting that the narative was written in human context in a way that human can relate with.

*Smh*
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Gbam.....that is all I needed to hear......

Such shameless hypocrisy. He doesnt believe a word of evolution... YET he is an atheist too.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 20, 2013
@ cyrexx... it is absolutely safe to say that atheists like you give all atheists out there a bad name.

Thankfully i have had a chance to interact with logical thinking atheists like Nferyn, mazaje, tudor and co... people like you are a dime a dozen... empty heads who have nothing but ad hominems when they run out of gas.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan:

Such shameless hypocrisy. He doesnt believe a word of evolution... YET he is an atheist too.

eVOLUTION = ATHEISM

Davidylan is delusional
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

eVOLUTION = ATHEISM

Davidylan is delusional

that is not true... to argue that point with you is to waste precious time.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan:

that is not true... to argue that point with you is to waste precious time.

Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by cyrexx: 6:02am On Jan 20, 2013
davidylan: @ cyrexx... it is absolutely safe to say that atheists like you give all atheists out there a bad name.

Thankfully i have had a chance to interact with logical thinking atheists like Nferyn, mazaje, tudor and co... people like you are a dime a dozen... empty heads who have nothing but ad hominems when they run out of gas.

see this mofo appealing to sympathy like a stubborn woman who has just been whipped into submission by her no-nonsense husband.

The funny thing is that this davidickhead repeat the same nonsense he just told me now to mazaje, nferyn, tudor and co. grin And now he is forming as if he had ever engaged any atheist without his characteristic ad hominien.

Christians like you are a disgrace to the body of christ. Your catankerous brain is totally incapable of defending the christian faith logically like Anony, without ad homien thinking you are making impact.

Now when you are served the same measure of the way you treat others, you are acting like a whipped puppy. Sorry. Pele.

Learn to communicate like true christians do and you will get the respect worthy of true christians, like Anony or Goshen or Jesoul

But nay, davidliar is just a foul-mouthed fake christian plus evolution-denying fake scientist who deludedly think ad hominien is a way to fight for his deluded beliefs.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 21, 2013
cyrexx:

see this mofo appealing to sympathy like a stubborn woman who has just been whipped into submission by her no-nonsense husband.

The funny thing is that this davidickhead repeat the same nonsense he just told me now to mazaje, nferyn, tudor and co. grin And now he is forming as if he had ever engaged any atheist without his characteristic ad hominien.

Christians like you are a disgrace to the body of christ. Your catankerous brain is totally incapable of defending the christian faith logically like Anony, without ad homien thinking you are making impact.

Now when you are served the same measure of the way you treat others, you are acting like a whipped puppy. Sorry. Pele.

Learn to communicate like true christians do and you will get the respect worthy of true christians, like Anony or Goshen or Jesoul

But nay, davidliar is just a foul-mouthed fake christian plus evolution-denying fake scientist who deludedly think ad hominien is a way to fight for his deluded beliefs.

When you want to falsely accuse others... make sure you're not much worse. You have no moral foundation to make the claims you make. Sorry if it hurts that i prefer to unmask the hypocrisy, sheer ignorance and lack of intelligence that is the hallmark of many of you around here.
Save your "respect"... this is an anonymous online forum which has zero impact on our real lives. It really isnt needed and your alleged importance is grossly over-stated.

Folks like you lack the cerebral fibre to debate... so little wonder you lash out with spittle-flecked vitriol every 2 secs. I would suggest you get psychiatric help.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by wiegraf: 12:55am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

When you want to falsely accuse others... make sure you're not much worse. You have no moral foundation to make the claims you make. Sorry if it hurts that i prefer to unmask the hypocrisy, sheer ignorance and lack of intelligence that is the hallmark of many of you around here.
Save your "respect"... this is an anonymous online forum which has zero impact on our real lives. It really isnt needed and your alleged importance is grossly over-stated.

Folks like you lack the cerebral fibre to debate... so little wonder you lash out with spittle-flecked vitriol every 2 secs. I would suggest you get psychiatric help.

An attempted joke?
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 21, 2013
wiegraf:

An attempted joke?

Save the nonsense. Had i made the exact statements cyrexx made you would be boiling with faux apoplexy.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by wiegraf: 1:32am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

Save the nonsense. Had i made the exact statements cyrexx made you would be boiling with faux apoplexy.

So? But yes, if you made them to me of course I would, and not necessarily faked. They would have been among the most brazenly hypocritical, silly, ironic, etc comments I've come across on these boards, just like the post I quoted.

For instance, what is this? You call my post nonsense despite making the wonderful post I quoted? Which do you think qualifies as being utter drivel, hmmm?
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 21, 2013
wiegraf:

So? But yes, if you made them to me of course I would, and not necessarily faked. They would have been among the most brazenly hypocritical, silly, ironic, etc comments I've come across on these boards, just like the post I quoted.

For instance, what is this? You call my post nonsense despite making the wonderful post I quoted? Which do you think qualifies as being utter drivel, hmmm?

It appears the only point attempted to pass across here is a personal attack. When you have something else more cerebral to say wake me up. Someone pass me the sick bucket please...
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by wiegraf: 1:47am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

It appears the only point attempted to pass across here is a personal attack. When you have something else more cerebral to say wake me up. Someone pass me the sick bucket please...

And your attacks on cyrexx have been cerebral? Are you remotely aware of how hypocritical just about every.single.post you make is?
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 21, 2013
wiegraf:

And your attacks against cyrexx have been cerebral? Are you remotely aware of how hypocritical just about every.single.post you make is?

Save the hypocrisy dude... i responded (as you would have done) to cyrexx's unwarranted attempt to make no attempt to address the issues of the thread but preferring to go on a vitriolic tirade. If you have a problem with that then sorry... its unfortunate i cannot be of help.

My posts have not been hypocritical... call them so as long as it makes you sleep better at night. The one-sided unobjective non-analysis of cyrexx's mental breakdown here is sickening. Once again i will have to ask for the sick bucket.

Just a few posts above on this same page is a meme where cyrexx refers to non-believers in evolution as stupid, ignorant and insane (despite the fact that he has no science background whatsoever to justify his stance on evolution)... but of course we can trust the narrow-minded, unreasonable bunch of whiners to cry foul if the same statement had been made to those who do not believe in the flying spaghetti monster.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by wiegraf: 2:08am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

Save the hypocrisy dude... i responded (as you would have done) to cyrexx's unwarranted attempt to make no attempt to address the issues of the thread but preferring to go on a vitriolic tirade. If you have a problem with that then sorry... its unfortunate i cannot be of help.

My posts have not been hypocritical... call them so as long as it makes you sleep better at night.

Using the word 'vitriol' is stretching it, rather debatable, don't you think? So, you responded in this manner because you perceived (note, perceived) an unwarranted attack from him?

davidylan: @ cyrexx... it is absolutely safe to say that atheists like you give all atheists out there a bad name.

Did you point out to him that he may have been off topic anywhere in this post? Scientist, unless you're retar.ded, how does this not look like a personal attack? Let's look at the original post

davidylan:

So, hypocrite, you engage in personal attacks, then make a statement like the bolded. That looks like hypocrisy to me. I ask you, good ser, do you think you "moral foundation to make the claims you make"?
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 21, 2013
wiegraf:

Using the word 'vitriol' is stretching it, rather debatable, don't you think? So, you responded in this manner because you perceived (note, perceived) an unwarranted attack from him?

Just a snippet of some of the words cyrexx has used - see this mofo, catankerous brain, davidickhead... perhaps i should just repeat them to you. I'm 100% positive you would take it as "debatable".

wiegraf:
Did you point out to him that he may have been off topic anywhere in this post? Scientist, unless you're retar.ded, how does this not look like a personal attack? Let's look at the original post

So, hypocrite, you engage in personal attacks, then make a statement like the bolded. That looks like hypocrisy to me. I ask you, good ser, do you think you "moral foundation to make the claims you make"?

Again the nauseating resort to lies and dishonesty. I'll take the sick bag again.

I would refrain from responding to the obvious lunacy cyrexx and yourself would rather indulge in soon as you run of out gas to defend your ridiculous plagiarized points of view.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 21, 2013
^^

sorry David to intrude, leave these guys to continue with their delusions, they are time wasters, time is better spent on important and productive issues.

Of course we continue to engage those who are innocently looking for the TRUTH or who are misinformed.

If believing in 'nothingness' rocks their boat , good for them.

Good night and God bless !
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel: ^^

sorry David to intrude, leave these guys to continue with their delusions, they are time wasters, time is better spent on important and productive issues.

Of course we continue to engage those who are innocently looking for the TRUTH or who are misinformed.

point taken bro. thank you.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by wiegraf: 3:04am On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

Just a snippet of some of the words cyrexx has used - see this mofo, catankerous brain, davidickhead... perhaps i should just repeat them to you. I'm 100% positive you would take it as "debatable".

Again the nauseating resort to lies and dishonesty. I'll take the sick bag again.

I would refrain from responding to the obvious lunacy cyrexx and yourself would rather indulge in soon as you run of out gas to defend your ridiculous plagiarized points of view.

My batteries run out, quoting on this device is a chore, so i'll have to come edit it later

Do note, my good hypocrite that somehow deludes himself into thinking he has the moral highground, i speak of you reffering to his original post as 'vitriol', not his responce to the attack you made on him. Did you miss that, i would have thought that was blatantly clear, considering i even quote it, no? I hope this isn't a deliberate attempt by you to lie your way into looking like the good guy, hmm?

When confronted, you throw insults and try to play the victim, then run off. It's really sad. Just like how in the other thread when i asked you to explain how an analysis means an alternate theory you tossed out the mother of all cop outs; "i've been peer reviewing for years, therefore i don't need to explain myself to you". Rather incredible isn't it? An appeal to authority, from you. Isn't one of your common themes accusing atheists of 'copy/paste' and accepting their white master scientists assertions on faith? Yet here you were boldly lying, then making an appeal to uthority before bailing. Now you call me a luntic for pointing out your hypocrisy then you bail out

Frankly brah, you're a rather disgusting wh.ore for jesus yet you hve the nerve to call someone else disgrace. I don't think your behavior is very christ-like, is it? Own up to your hypocrisy and at least you'll be fine, rather than trying to play the victim

I'll be back to edit and add quotes...
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by wiegraf: 3:07am On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Bros, when y'all can show this 'truth' i, and likely most other atheits, will consider it. Till then perhaps consider shutting up?
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by cyrexx: 3:07am On Jan 21, 2013

davidylan:

Folks like you lack the cerebral fibre to debate... so little wonder you lash out with spittle-flecked vitriol every 2 secs. I would suggest you get psychiatric help .

I highlighted the bolded just to show the hypocrisy and cerebral "fibre" of the one who had the "better moral foundation" to launch personal attacks and insult.

this guy really needs psychiatric help with his knee-jerk response ad hominien especially whenever it is not warranted or called for. Personally, i do not like engaging in insults and personal attacks, but this sick hypocrite left me no choice with his inability to make a single sentence without unwarranted ad hominien. And to make it worse he is quick to see when his ad homiens are returned to him in full measure but he either blind or dumb to see his own kickstarter ad homiens, which is why i decided to help him see with the bolded quote

this guy is sick indeed
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by UyiIredia(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
davidylan:

the above cartoon is funny i agree... but it is MISLEADING. the idea being that somehow all atheists want is to let kids think for themselves. IF that was the case then why are atheists forcing out prayer in schools and the teaching of intelligent design? Why not leave it up to the kids to decide for themselves?

Rightly said.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by UyiIredia(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
cyrexx: Religion is a mental virus that should be uninstalled for a mind to function at its best..

Fail. Because some of the best minds that have walked the surface of this earth where religionists eg Isaac Newton, Mahatma Gandhi, Leo Tolstoy, Robert Millikan, James Clark Maxwell, Micheal Faraday amongst others.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by UyiIredia(m): 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
And someone says atheists aren't bigoted. Look at the nonsense Dawkins said there.
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by lilcutie8916(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
All these noise u guys re making isnt leading any where. Some ome should just bring one evidence that will prove beyond all reasonable doubt that evolution is not just a theory
Re: The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning by lilcutie8916(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]All these noise u guys re making isnt leading any where. Some ome should just bring one evidence that will prove beyond all reasonable doubt that evolution is not just a theory

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) / Adeboye A False Prophet? / Tuxil-c Codeine Doesn't Get Me High Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.