Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

To All My Christian Friends... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All My Christian Friends... (2412 Views)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / An Inspirational Conversation With A Muslim Friend And His Christian Friends / I Want To Wish My New Christian Friends A Happy Sabbath! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Please do not fall for religious guilt trips. We are better than those gods which mankind created thousands of years ago. Our inborn moral judgement has evolved further and exceeded theirs.

Most of us have been victims of this child abuse of being told you are a "sinner by birth" and we "deserve" to go hell if we dont bow to the imaginary god. Let's stop the child abuse known as "religion", it's wrong to tell kids that they are by default born as a sinner. Children should be raised to have a healthy self-esteem.

We do not need to bow and worship any ancient make-believe gods in order to be good people. We know what is good and we can do good.

1 Like

Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Communism and Religion are both bad.

And atheism is NOT communism.

I dont have to defend this false accusation as you very well know the truth.

I am talking about the unnecessary guilt trips religion inflicts on human minds..[/size]
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by mumumugu(m): 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
Op,are you good
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
Lol. And atheism is not evangelical.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
[quote author=cyrexx]Communism and Religion are both bad.

It is atheism, read again and stop your blatant hypocrisy !
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. And atheism is not evangelical.

if discovering the truth and sharing it is evangelical, then tell me what is wrong with that. smiley
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
mumumugu: Op,are you good

Yes.

You and i know what is good and what is not and we can choose to be good. You dont need someone else to tell you murder, rape and stealing is wrong.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Communists leaders were motivated by a strong desire to impose an ideological "package" over the whole world. The package included the eradication of Religion, defined by arch-atheist, Karl Marx, as “The opium of the people.” According to Marx, religion helped keep the masses passive before the abuse of the wealthy and powerful, and the only way to free them from the “stupor," God and religion had to be eradicated. Lenin embraced Marx's views and so did Stalin up to the Second World war. The enforcement of Atheism was a “critical” requirement for Communism’s success, and thus it had to be implemented at all costs. This meant oppressive measures, such as brainwashing in state schools, the closing of houses of worship and arresting countless religious leaders. (For an enlightening discussion of Atheistic-Communism's persecution of the Christian church see the article, Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union.)
- Source
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
Militant atheism, therefore, was a major factor in the murder of countless millions, during the past century. Unfortunately, militant atheism, is still driven by some of the same extremist views reminiscent of atheist-communist regimes of old. They, like their predecessors, do not hesitate to admit that they hate God, religion and that they would like to see both disappear forever. Furthermore, they are driven by a hatred for the unborn, and a blind support for common-law living, intimate immorality, euthanasia, etc.
- Source
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx: [size=14pt]Communism and Religion are both bad.

I dont have to defend this false accusation as you very well know the truth.

I am taliking about the unnecessary guilt trips religion inflicts on human minds..[/size]
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel: [img]http://1.bp..com/_f5m7s0RssIU/TBK5MSLnhFI/AAAAAAAABJw/d-zi4xSiwLg/s1600/Imagine_atheism.jpg[/img]

Funny how these guys are all dead long ago......so what is there to imagine?

Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Funny how these guys are all dead long ago......so what is there to imagine?

funny frosbel, instead of talking about the issues raised on thread op, he wanted to divert attention to communism debate.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by TerryCarr(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Communism is not that bad it depends on who's running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvBC7tmgFFM
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
TerryCarr: Communism is not that bad it depends on who's running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvBC7tmgFFM

interesting movie, still watching, he was not given time to show his true colors grin

but these western imperialists, when will they just leave us alone to get on with it angry , I dare say they are the reason for the mess Africa is today.

btw , he must have practiced a different form of communism to the atheist master Stalin, because he never persecuted or outlawed religion.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel:

he must have practiced a different form of communism to the atheist master Stalin, because he never persecuted or outlawed religion.

nobody is forcefully outlawing or persecuting religion here. The thread is about exposing the mental damage religion does to the growing child.

What you are talikng about is more relevant in the politics section than here.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

funny frosbel, instead of talking about the issues raised on thread op, he wanted to divert attention to communism debate.

The guy is afraid. He knows that he has nothingto offer with his slave religion
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

if discovering the truth and sharing it is evangelical, then tell me what is wrong with that. smiley
And when did the meaning of atheism become 'discovering and sharing of the truth'?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

nobody is forcefully outlawing or persecuting religion here. The thread is about exposing the mental damage religion does to the growing child.

What you are talikng about is more relevant in the politics section than here.

Try and sound reasonable so that you don't receive unnecessary flak.

Speaking for Christianity, religion only becomes abuse when you force your children to adhere to a certain belief system without providing them with information and allowing them to to think for themselves and come to a conclusion, religion also becomes abuse when you misinterpret certain doctrines such as eternal torment and use it as a threat to force a particular belief on your children.

Try and be fair, specific and educated in your statements rather than using the approach of generalization to accuse religion as a whole.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Reyginus: And when did the meaning of atheism become 'discovering and sharing of the truth'?

good question, these guys come across as tyrants !
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
Reyginus: And when did the meaning of atheism become 'discovering and sharing of the truth'?

see what I mean when i called you Anony v2.0
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel:

Try and sound reasonable so that you don't receive unnecessary flak.

Speaking for Christianity, religion only becomes abuse when you force your children to adhere to a certain belief system without providing them with information and allowing them to to think for themselves and come to a conclusion, religion also becomes abuse when you misinterpret certain doctrines such as eternal torment and use it as a threat to force a particular belief on your children.

Try and be fair, specific and educated in your statements rather than using the approach of generalization to accuse religion as a whole.

you do know that the doctrine of hell fire and original sin can be supported by the bible
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel:

good question, these guys come across as tyrants !

relax, bros.

Nobody is tyrannising anybody. This is an anonymous forum. Its not like someone is pointing gun at you saying "renounce christianity or die"
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

relax, bros.

Nobody is tyrannising anybody. This is an anonymous forum. Its not like someone is pointing gun at you saying "renounce christianity or die"

Frosbel is a troll. He has nothing to offer than to claim victim of communism that happened years before he was even bron
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Lol. I really want to learn something new today.
Can we by the virtue of your explanation call atheism the 'science of truth discovery'?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

What issues?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. I really want to learn something new today.
Can we by the virtue of your explanation call atheism the 'science of truth discovery'?

Atheism is not science. You dont have to accept scientific facts to be an atheist. Atheism is simply disbelief in God(s) and religions(s). Nothing more than that.

The truth is that the gods of the religions were make-believe human inventions. If you came to the discovery of this truth, you are an atheist. No more no less.
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What issues?

have you read the op?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Atheism is not science. You dont have to accept scientific facts to be an atheist. Atheism is simply disbelief in God(s) and religions(s). Nothing more than that.

The truth is that the gods of the religions were make-believe human inventions. If you came to the discovery of this truth, you are an atheist. No more no less.
Oh! My bad. Can I then rephrase it to be the study and discovery of truth?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by cyrexx: 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Reyginus: Oh! My bad. Can I then rephrase it to be the study and discovery of truth?

discovery .. Yes

study ... Not really. Its not a field of study. Its just a stance towards religion and their gods. Theism is belief in religion/gods and atheism is LACK of belief in religions/gods. Kinda like you were an "amusilm" and "abuddhist"

cool
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by MrAnony1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
frosbel:

interesting movie, still watching, he was not given time to show his true colors grin

but these western imperialists, when will they just leave us alone to get on with it angry , I dare say they are the reason for the mess Africa is today.

btw , he must have practiced a different form of communism to the atheist master Stalin, because he never persecuted or outlawed religion.
Funny how Thomas Sankara just happened to have been Roman Catholic.....interesting isn't it?
Re: To All My Christian Friends... by MrAnony1(m): 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Interesting how instead of tackling the question straight up you invoke the "anonyism" cop-out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your SURNAME Can stop You from Going To HEAVEN / Help! The Biggest Christian City In Iraq is Under Serious Persecution! / Testimonies From The Lords Chosen Port-harcourt Crusade Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.