Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Your Close Shaves With Death - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Close Shaves With Death (861 Views)

Nairaland Mods! Please Stop Bombarding Us With DEATH On The Frontpage! / Nairalanders Close Shave With Death. / Former American President George Bush Shaves His Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
We have all had good n bad experiences in life. As someone once said, God has delivered us from so many evil that only Him n d devil know about. However, in my short life I know of four instances when He delivered me from death. The first time, I fell down while crossing d road pulling down with me my big sis who was holding my hand as I was only aged seven. Thank God for d man who jumped into d road n helpd us stop a fast approaching tipper. Pls share ur experience with d ultimate evil- iku (death).
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by vallycan: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
I was attack by an armrobber on d first of ma business trip to onitsha; moreso i also escape an accident onez in dat sam trip to onitsha main market as d vehicle conveyin us bursted it tires but to no aveil we wre unharm,tanx b to d almity God for his mercies:
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by k2039: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
I have never been any where close to death.
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
k2039: I have never been any where close to death.
You are lucky. Most of d people I know have cheated death at least once.
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by Mynd44: 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Auto crash, armed robbbers. The usual Nigerian stuff
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by Nickydrake(m): 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
My closest encounter with death would be those hours of oblivion that ensue when i go to bed each night.

That, however, is the one i'm aware of. I cannot know if some sinister ghoul was crouching in the darkness and would surely have ripped off my throat had the lights not come on when they did. . . Or if that gun-totting policeman really would've blown my head to bits as he threatened if i hadn't handed out that timely bribe.

You are always close to death, my friend. The grim reaper stalks us all, but he is good at being invisible. Those brief moments of cold terror that you call your 'close shaves with death' are merely the rare occasions in which you catch a glimpse of his shadow.

1 Like

Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 9:42am On Jan 21, 2013
Not always invisible though. In d last episode (n d very last in Jesus name) my twin sister 'saw' it in d dream n we prayd to forestall it. Shortly thereafter, I escaped an accident along Lagos-Abeokuta expressway. At least twelve ppu died around d spot within an interval of 2 weeks including a friend. D demons surely drank blood to stupour.
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Even teenagers have such experiences. State yours!!
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
I had a near death experience on the operating table when my kidney was been operated on

Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2013
~vicky~:
I had a near death experience on the operating table when my kidney was been operated on

I thank God u tasted d knife n lived to tell ur experience
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
I know God has rescued you from destruction. Why not give glory to Him through this medium?
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
I believe that we have all had experiences of evil. Please share your experience.
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
In the 3rd episode, God saved me from fire in my univ. days. I was cooking on a hot plate n fell asleep. Even when the entire food got burnt and d smoke reached even the last rooms upstairs I was still asleep. I slept for almost 2 hours in thick smoke!
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by Mynd44: 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Omerian Consult: In the 3rd episode, God saved me from fire in my univ. days. I was cooking on a hot plate n fell asleep. Even when the entire food got burnt and d smoke reached even the last rooms upstairs I was still asleep. I slept for almost 2 hours in thick smoke!
Now this is a serious case of Na God save you
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Now this is a serious case of Na God save you
I'm eternally grateful to be alive. I was not cursed with sleep, only I was so lonely at that particular time.
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by kingcobra1(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Late 90's I remember I was fetching water at a building opposite my house in Anthony village lagos around 10pm armed robbers stormed d house n killed d gate man in my presence n left without harming me....2 God b d glory
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OluEmmaAss: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
king cobra: Late 90's I remember I was fetching water at a building opposite my house in Anthony village lagos around 10pm armed robbers stormed d house n killed d gate man in my presence n left without harming me....2 God b d glory
hmm. You were spared because you were probably young.
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by OmerianConsult: 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2013
Comments pls!
Re: Your Close Shaves With Death by Mynd44: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Omerian Consult: Comments pls!
Why?

(1) (Reply)

Today Is World Sleeping Day / Accident In Akwa Claimed Lives Yesterday (picture) / Futminna 300 Level Student And Her Boyfriend Almost Committed Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.