Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,413 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) (27385 Views)

Mumu Of The Fed. Republic / Are You Scared Of Lions? See Woman Who Keeps An Adult LION As A Pet (PHOTOS) / World’s Worst Zoo Tries To Pass Off A Dog As A Lion And Rats As Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by redcliff: 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
UNIQUEWELL: Baba God You too much ooooo

How does this relate to the initial post by the op? undecided
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by creativemusic: 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by frevangel(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
The lions are very small. The ones in Benin Zoo are fed with full grown live donkeys, they even rare the donkeys they are fed with. You dare not enter the cage with the ones i saw in Benin Zoo, the roar alone sends everybody(visitors) scampering for safety. Its deafening! Those ones in Benin Zoo are like 3-4 feet(shoulder) or so, i guess.

Here are the pix of the male lion and the donkey was about the height of the horse in that last pix, they attacked the donkey and killed it. That's the way they are fed, once a week or so.

They can tear a full grown man apart in seconds!!!

Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by redsun(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
How wonderful it would have been to give them obj for dinner,after starving them for about a week.

1 Like

Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by lakonlawal: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
UNIQUEWELL:

No one knows tomorrow! Today You Can Speak of, You Don't Have Control of Tomorrow. Thank God if it's Well With You Today, Don't Mock Others Because They Lack! It's Not Their Desire To Face ill-situations
Word
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Panzastrip(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
redsun: How wonderful it would have been to give them obj for dinner,after starving them for about a week.

LOL u are funny.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Guk: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
fr_evangel: The lions are very small. The ones in Benin Zoo are fed with full grown live donkeys, they even rare the donkeys they are fed with. You dare not enter the cage with the ones i saw in Benin Zoo, the roar alone sends everybody(visitors) scampering for safety. Its deafening! Those ones in Benin Zoo are like 3-4 feet(shoulder) or so, i guess.

Here are the pix of the male lion and the donkey was about the height of that last pix, they attacked the donkey and killed it. That's the way they are fed, once a week or so.

They can tear a full grown man apart in seconds!!!

Bros, thats a Horse, not a donkey in that pix
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
pharuk: That’s one boring video to look at.
No offence poster, was expecting some action packed stuff, not a juvenile with aba jeans teasing the lion with food.

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh my belly!

@Post
Not going to bother to watch. I don't think Nigeria is a suitable zoo for these exotic, beautiful animals.

They're prolly mistreated.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
fr_evangel: The lions are very small. The ones in Benin Zoo are fed with full grown live donkeys, they even rare the donkeys they are fed with.

shocked
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by frevangel(m): 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
Guk:

Bros, thats a Horse, not a donkey in that pix

Yes, I never said it was a donkey but that the donkey fed to the lion was about the height. I have edited my post so others don't misunderstand it too.

That was one frustrated, depressed horse i saw there. It looked really depressed, dirty and sick. I wished I could help it. It was a smallish horse though as there was another well fed, large horse there.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by arbitrage: 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
NSNA:

they are enemies and in the wild they don't go and hang out together.

Hyenas kill Lion cubs and Lions Kill Hyenas

Such hyena must be alone for lion to kill it. Though smaller in size and uglier than other canivores, hyenas are the meanest of the big cats. I watched a documentary earlier this week on National Geo Wild as lions killed their prey and were eating. Then came the hyenas and took the prey from them. As the strongest of the lions felt annoyed, he ran into their midst to take the pray from them. You need to see the attack those hyenas gave the lion and he escaped for his life as he left the meat for them.

The next after that was a big tiger who just killed its prey and was dragging it to where it will eat. The relatively smaller sized hyenas pounds on him and he had to run from them while growling at them from distance.

Then the documentary came finally to a point where the commentator was saying that, the most ferocious lions and more ferocious tigers would kill their preys before eating them, but hyenas are the only ones that will eat their prey alive. Believe me, they started running in circle around a herd of buffaloes to confuse them and while they created the panic, they ran after and attacked one of the largest buffaloes in the herd, while the rest where escaping for their lives. The buffalo was so massive that they could not grip its neck or head to strangle like lions and tigers would do or a leopard would attempt. But while they gripped him from behind and legs and dragged him down so that he knelt down on four legs, the ever mean hyenas (with their usual fearful growling noise) started tearing and eating the buffalo alive from buttock and behind. While his body and head were looking helpless and struggling, they ate him bit by bit from buttock to his intestines until he gave up the ghost. Then they continued the butchering. Before you say Jack Robinson, what they had left and were dragging along in a row was a long skeleton of the earlier buffalo.

Hyenas are mean and fearless of any lion or tiger. No other animals can dare lions and tigers but hyenas; not because they are stronger but I think it's because of their grouping - unity.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Affiliated(m): 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
I don't need to be a prophet to know that the way those Lions are being treated, an episode of untamed and uncut would soon be made out of this Lion situation. Its like these people don't realize Lions are wild animals and are now taking them for granted. What would a stick do if those Lions decide to attack? And to make matters worse the Lions were now being teased with food. The lions in the second video were already considering attacking the Hyena.

The smartest animal the earth is currently producing is humans but there are plenty of humans that are just f*cking stupld

1 Like

Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
arbitrage:

Such hyena must be alone for lion to kill it. Though smaller in size and uglier than other canivores, HYENAS ARE THE MEANEST OF THE BIG CATS. I watched a documentary earlier this week on National Geo Wild as lions killed their prey and were eating. Then came the hyenas and took the prey from them. As the strongest of the lions felt annoyed, he ran into their midst to take the pray from them. You need to see the attack those hyenas gave the lion and he escaped for his life as he left the meat for them.

The next after that was a big tiger who just killed its prey and was dragging it to where it will eat. The relatively smaller sized hyenas pounds on him and he had to run from them while growling at them from distance.

Then the documentary came finally to a point where the commentator was saying that, the most ferocious lions and more ferocious tigers would kill their prays before eating them, but hyenas are the only ones that will eat their pray alive. Believe me, they started running in circle around a herd of buffalo to confuse them and while they created the panic, they ran after and attacked one of the largest buffaloes in the herd, while the rest where escaping for their lives. The buffalo was so massive that they could not grip its neck or head to strangle like lions and tigers would do or a leopard would attempt. But while they gripped him from behind and legs and dragged him down so that he knelt down on four legs, the ever mean hyenas (with their usual fearful growling noise) started tearing and eating the buffalo alive. While his body and head were looking helpless and struggling, they ate him bit by bit to his intestines until he gave up the ghost. Then they continued the butchering. Before you say Jack Robinson, what they had left and were dragging along in a row was a long skeleton of the earlier buffalo.

Hyenas are mean and fearless of any lion or tiger. No other animals can dare lions and tigers but hyenas; not because they are stronger but I think it's their grouping - unity.
Are hyenas members of the cat family?
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by tomakint: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
saxywale:
Are hyenas members of the cat family?
never mind that was a blunder from him, Hyenas resemble a dog more than a cat, of course they have their own family, Hyaenidae, unlike cat (Felidae) and dog (Canidae) cool
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by frevangel(m): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
arbitrage:

Such hyena must be alone for lion to kill it. Though smaller in size and uglier than other canivores, hyenas are the meanest of the big cats. I watched a documentary earlier this week on National Geo Wild as lions killed their prey and were eating. Then came the hyenas and took the prey from them. As the strongest of the lions felt annoyed, he ran into their midst to take the pray from them. You need to see the attack those hyenas gave the lion and he escaped for his life as he left the meat for them.

The next after that was a big tiger who just killed its pray and was dragging it to where it will eat. The relatively smaller sized hyenas pounds on him and he had to run from them while growling at them from distance.

Then the documentary came finally to a point where the commentator was saying that, the most ferocious lions and more ferocious tigers would kill their prays before eating them, but hyenas are the only ones that will eat their pray alive. Believe me, they started running in circle around a herd of buffalo to confuse them and while they created the panic, they ran after and attacked one of the largest buffaloes in the herd, while the rest where escaping for their lives. The buffalo was so massive that they could not grip its neck or head to strangle like lions and tigers would do or a leopard would attempt. But while they gripped him from behind and legs and dragged him down so that he knelt down on four legs, the ever mean hyenas (with their usual fearful growling noise) started tearing and eating the buffalo alive. While his body and head were looking helpless and struggling, they ate him bit by bit to his intestines until he gave up the ghost. Then they continued the butchering. Before you say Jack Robinson, what they had left and were dragging along in a row was a long skeleton of the earlier buffalo.

Hyenas are mean and fearless of any lion or tiger. No other animals can dare lions and tigers but hyenas; not because they are stronger but I think it's their grouping - unity.

They are not stronger than lions, they only move in larger packs, that's their advantage as confirmed by your last line. They are also very intelligent. Lions tear lone Hyenas apart when confronted, I watched that in Natgeo sometime back.

While hyenas are known as scavengers, they also possess great intelligence and skill on the hunt. One strategy is for a single hyena to cause confusion in the herd, while the others in the pack pick off an older or weaker member and chase the rest away.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/hyena/
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by tomakint: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
arbitrage:

Then the documentary came finally to a point where the commentator was saying that, the most ferocious lions and more ferocious tigers would kill their preys before eating them, but hyenas are the only ones that will eat their prey alive. Believe me, they started running in circle around a herd of buffaloes to confuse them and while they created the panic, they ran after and attacked one of the largest buffaloes in the herd, while the rest where escaping for their lives. The buffalo was so massive that they could not grip its neck or head to strangle like lions and tigers would do or a leopard would attempt. But while they gripped him from behind and legs and dragged him down so that he knelt down on four legs, the ever mean hyenas (with their usual fearful growling noise) started tearing and eating the buffalo alive. While his body and head were looking helpless and struggling, they ate him bit by bit to his intestines until he gave up the ghost. Then they continued the butchering. Before you say Jack Robinson, what they had left and were dragging along in a row was a long skeleton of the earlier buffalo.

@ the bolded, we called them "Narrator" Commentators grace the football pitches and other sporting events, never mind we are all here to learn! cool
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by frevangel(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint:
never mind that was a blunder from him, Hyenas resemble a dog more than a cat, of course they have their own family, Hyaenidae, unlike cat (Felidae) and dog (Canidae) cool

He is very correct, though they resemble dogs they are more closely related to cats: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/hyena/
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
mschew!! how is that even feeding? the guy was just taunting them with the miserable looking meat.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by arbitrage: 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint:

@ the bolded, we called them "Narrator" Commentators grace the football pitches and other sporting events, never mind we are all here to learn! cool

Thanks a lot for the correction.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by tomakint: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
arbitrage:

Thanks a lot for the correction.
You are welcome wink
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by tomakint: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
fr_evangel:

He is very correct, though they resemble dogs they are more closely related to cats: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/hyena/
No sir, although based on their other attributes beside their morphological attributes, they are closely related to cats, but they have their own family which separates them from Cat or Dog families!
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint: I have witnessed it many times, I don't fancy the way they go about it, I was expecting to see live goat or ram so that they can create a scene but what I saw were 'severed meat' being thrown at them, it's like an uncivilized human being in the village feeding, no pep to it undecided
Actually, they stop using live animal because the lions don't kill the goat like they do in the wild but instead they take bite off the goat gradually until the goat dies. It is not ethical to subject animals to such suffering, a 'mercy killing' is better.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by arbitrage: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
fr_evangel:

Thank you for the National Geographic link you gave that also explains it better. I even thought all those four-legged carnivores in the wild (non-aquatic) are called big cats family. Thanks for the excerpt below:

"Although hyenas appear similar to dogs, they are actually more closely related to cats. They live throughout much of Africa and eastwards through Arabia to India. Spotted hyenas live together in large groups called clans that may include up 80 individuals and are led by females."
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by bookface: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
[size=13pt]This is a cruel way to treat these animals. Locking them up in small cages like poultry birds? For God's sake, it wouldn't cost more than 10 million to construct an expansive home where these animals can roam about and feel like "at home". That amount is less than what many politicians give to ashawo for the weekend, why can't someone just be reasonable enough to do something nice, just this once for their country?

Locking up a big cat in a small house is crude form of animal cruelty. I wonder why naija always have to do her things like this is the 13th century.[/size]
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by aAK1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
I am soo soo emotional about dis.I visited this place wen I was 10.I am 25 now and I must say it has not changed much.I also can remember a gorilla they call aruna
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
Those are Lion cubs! But, the condition of the zoo is so bad that there is no quick exit provided. I feel for those taking care of the animals. Indeed, that is not care but worse case scenario of animal imprisonment. If they can't take good care of these wonderful animals they should take them back to the wild.

1 Like

Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by 001solar(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint: I have witnessed it many times, I don't fancy the way they go about it, I was expecting to see live goat or ram so that they can create a scene but what I saw were 'severed meat' being thrown at them, it's like an uncivilized human being in the village feeding, no pep to it undecided

Ve u ever being to as zoo be4
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by promise1487(m): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
NSNA: If you watch the second video towards the end you will see that it is a Hyena is in the next room.

Why keep Hyena in the same space with Lions.

Oyinbo will be angry!
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by frevangel(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
arbitrage:

Thank you for the National Geographic link you gave that also explains it better. I even thought all those four-legged carnivores in the wild (non-aquatic) are called big cats family. Thanks for the excerpt below:

"Although hyenas appear similar to dogs, they are actually more closely related to cats. They live throughout much of Africa and eastwards through Arabia to India. Spotted hyenas live together in large groups called clans that may include up 80 individuals and are led by females."

My pleasure. I have passion for animal facts, don't know where that came from. I visit NatGeo's site looking for new facts every now and then. I visit the Benin zoo, like a kid, almost every time I'm in Benin. I have taken pictures of every animal in that zoo like twice. I don't know, maybe someday I will do something with the passion!
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Ngwakwe: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Police trainees numbering fifty are sharing one small sardine (fish) due to man's inhumanity to man but see how the Loin dey chop big meat dey jubilation.

It better being an animal in Nigerian Zoo than being hardworking Okada Rider in Nigeria.
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by trekkie: 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
brings back memories. great UI
Re: Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) by Cdspencer(m): 2:00am On Jan 24, 2013
pharuk: That’s one boring video to look at.
No offence poster, was expecting some action packed stuff, not a juvenile with aba jeans teasing the lion with food.

thank u my brothher! just what i was about to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goldie And Prezzo Holiday In America (PHOTOS) / The Reality Show Must Go On: Big Brother Israel Adds Bomb Shelter / WITCH CRAFT: Bird Turns Into A Woman In Okokomaiko, Lagos State [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.