Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Intelligent Foolishness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intelligent Foolishness (1472 Views)

Photo: How Christians In Borno Live (faith Or Foolishness)? / Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? / Foolishness Of Building Big Churches - Are You Of The Real Church Or The Fake ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
If a man dug up an old lawn mower and then wrote a paper arguing that it was the result of random chance, no one would take him seriously. Yet, with the exception of a “religious nut,” no one would question a scientist who wrote a paper about the bombardier beetle and assumed it to be the result of evolutionary processes (random chance). But if the mower is a product of intelligent design, what about the infinitely more complex beetle?

The bombardier beetle stores two chemicals in its body. When something threatens it, it discharges the two chemicals into a larger water-filled chamber in its rear end. The chemicals heat rapidly, and the beetle’s rear end is transformed into a high-pressure, deadly accurate, pulsating cannon. The discharge comes out as a series of pulses (500 per second) at a speed of 66 feet per second! The timing of this mixing and expelling process—using muscular release valves—is critical if the beetle is to deter its enemies and avoid blowing itself up.

The bombardier beetle has fascinated scientists for decades. Ever since Dr. Hermann Schildknecht performed microsurgery on the beetle to discover the process it used to create its explosive mixture, scientists have continued to study this strange creature.

Andy McIntosh, professor of thermodynamics and combustion theory at the University of Leeds in England, has recently been analyzing the beetle in order to improve the design efficiencies of jet engines. He thinks he may be able to mimic the beetle’s chamber design to develop an engine that can be easily restarted at high altitudes.

If he succeeds, he will be the designer of a better jet engine. Yet the beetle design he copied is assumed to be the result of random chance! Why do so many scientists look at the universe and life and say that no Intelligence was needed to create it? Their reasoning isn’t scientific.

The first scientists wanted to discover the wonders of the Creator’s handiwork—to learn how and why things happen—and to use this knowledge to solve problems and create intelligent designs. Then, atheists gained a foothold—arguing that a truly objective approach to the scientific method requires scientists to deny—or at least ignore—the metaphysical, and thus the intelligent Designer was evicted. The great successes of science increased its influence, and so a materialistic worldview began to dominate our educational institutions.

A religious void—especially among the highly educated—developed in Western societies as people’s confidence in religious answers to life was shaken by an aggressive skepticism that offered nothing in its place. No wonder despair is on the increase. It is hard to feel significant in a universe that started with a random big bang and declares that everything and everyone is an accident.

A Designer, on the other hand, implies that Someone made us through a deliberate, purposeful act. Someone wanted us around. Who is this intelligent Designer? and What is our purpose? became the next big questions needing answers. But, they also limit our search because only three major religions talk about a personal Creator God—Judaism, Islam, and Christianity—and they all point back to the Bible’s book of Genesis as their starting point.

We should start there too. After all, that’s where God tells His story about how life on earth, our own included, came to be.

Source
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
The title of the thread is already an Epic Fail (blatant oxymoron).....then the first paragraph is another epic fail (evolution is chance).....

Frosbel,

Troll harder! smiley
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03: The title of the thread is already an Epic Fail (blatant oxymoron).....then the first paragraph is another epic fail (evolution is chance).....

Frosbel,

Troll harder! smiley
Ad hominem
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Ad hominem

Did Anony teach you that one? grin grin

I have been hearing rumours that you are now his disciple...under tutelage wink
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did Anony teach you that one? grin grin

I have been hearing rumours that you are now his disciple...under tutelage wink
And what's wrong in learning anything if doesn't make one stupid?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: And what's wrong in learning anything if doesn't make one stupid?

What happens to someone who learns from a dubious teacher?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

What happens to someone who learns from a dubious teacher?
Oh! You want to play a game? You have it.
What happens to someone who happens to be a drop-out in the teacher's damsel when he happens to understand?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Oh! You want to play a game? You have it.
What happens to someone who happens to be a drop-out in the teacher's damsel when he happens to understand?

angry angry
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry
It's too early to be empty.
Back to thread. What can you point is wrong with it?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: It's too early to be empty.
Back to thread. What can you point is wrong with it?

Let's start with the title- an oxymoron

Then the first paragraph that claims evolution is random chance- a lie
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Let's start with the title- an oxymoron

Then the first paragraph that claims evolution is random chance- a lie
An oxymoron is only a tool for passing across a message. It doesn't in any way make the messge silly. You're wrong here.
On Evolution. Do you think he was arguing for or against it?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: An oxymoron is only a tool for passing across a message. It doesn't in any way make the messge silly. You're wrong here.
On Evolution. Do you think he was arguing for or against it?

didnt read past the first paragraph!
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

didnt read past the first paragraph!
And you went on to accuse him of trolling? Btw, you can go through it to have proper understanding of the second part of your Post 9.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: And you went on to accuse him of trolling? Btw, you can go through it to have proper understanding of the second part of your Post 9.

Does one need to read past Genesis to know that the bible is nonsense?

I read the first paragraph containing nonsense about evolution
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Does one need to read past Genesis to know that the bible is nonsense?

I read the first paragraph containing nonsense about evolution
That's out of the equation. The first paragraph contained a set of comparisons to illustrate a point. The point is in the whole.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: That's out of the equation. The first paragraph contained a set of comparisons to illustrate a point. The point is in the whole.

I disagree.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

I disagree.
Your reason?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Your reason?

erm....err....ehem.............no reason?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

erm....err....ehem.............no reason?
A rest is what you need then.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by aletheia(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03: Then the first paragraph that claims evolution is random chance- a lie
So evolution is not driven by largely random chance events?. . .so the genetic mutations which your "natural selection" works with do not arise by random chance?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
So evolution is not driven by largely random chance events?. . .so the genetic mutations which your "natural selection" works with do not arise by random chance?

Natural selection is the opposite of random chance.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Goshen360(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: A rest is what you need then.

#Entered the thread. Read your comment to HIM. grin grin grin grin until I rolled on the floor. Got up and shake off the dust. Ran out of the thread. Resting mode now activated# Nice one Reyginus!

1 Like

Re: Intelligent Foolishness by aletheia(m): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Natural selection is the opposite of random chance.
You patently avoid the question. Now try again or get sent to the back of the class wearing the dunce's hat.
aletheia:
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
You patently avoid the question. Now try again or get sent to the back of the class wearing the dunce's hat.

Heard of natural selection? Hmmm?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

I want to learn natural selection from logicboy. Seriously.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: I want to learn natural selection from logicboy. Seriously.

What do you mean?
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Goshen360(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Please be careful they don't put you in their club of non-rest. Some people are now beginning to go TO and FRO like the devil, jumping to and fro every thread opened on board without rest because there is no rest for them. Only God can give you rest.

#And don't dare assume or think I was talking to you. Did I mention your I.d? grin
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

What do you mean?
As in, a 5-7 lines lecture on Natural Selection.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
Goshen360: Please be careful they don't put you in their club of non-rest. Some people are now beginning to go TO and FRO like the devil, jumping to and fro every thread opened on board without rest because there is no rest for them. Only God can give you rest.

#And don't dare assume or think I was talking to you. Did I mention your I.d? grin
Lolololol. No. You didn't.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Lolololol. No. You didn't.

lololol
Is Goshen reetarded or something
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

lololol
Is Goshen reetarded or something
You alone, 'wise one' can tell.
Re: Intelligent Foolishness by aletheia(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Fail. Not an answer. All hot spit and empty air. . .as usual. Indubitably, you take the dunce's hat.
I repeat:
aletheia:
Is your error which is doubly compounded by ignorance and foolishness also burdened by blindness.

Let me put it this way: If there were no random chance mutations of the genetic material, will your "natural selection" give rise to a new species?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / A Christian Lady Refutes Dr Zakir Naik... Video / Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.