Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,476 members, 7,954,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

Web Design And Mathematics - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design And Mathematics (649 Views)

Professional Web Design And Development In Warri, Delta State, Nigeria / Website Design And Hosting At N5,000 / Must One Be Good In Mathematics To Be A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Web Design And Mathematics by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mathematics is the most important subject/course taught in schools, don’t get me wrong, I am one of those people who don’t like mathematics, this probably is a transferred dislike I had for my first mathematics teachers. Some people just don’t like numbers, formulas and equations but Math is everywhere, even where you wouldn't expect it, graphic design, web design, programming etc you’ll need some math, you can’t avoid it, so live with it!

For this article, I’ll be concentrating on web design, the mathematics involved in web design, we’ll be using layout calculations (Responsive Layout) as an example.

Lets talk width calculations, in ordinary fixed width design, design measurements especially widths are done in pixels (px), in responsive web design, they are done in percentages (%). I’ll assume you already know how to design websites and you’re conversant with divs and css.

When using divs for your site site structure, a simple rule applies......

Read the complete article here
http://www.webdesigner.com.ng/web-design-mathematics/

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Function Of Javascript And PHP On Nairaland Site? / Nil / Whats Your Favourite Seo Tool ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.