Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 (16051 Views)

CapitalOne Cup: Chelsea Vs Swansea (0 - 2) On 9th January 2012 / Chelsea Vs QPR (0 - 1) On 2nd January 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by mukina2: 1:49am On Jan 23, 2013
Michael Laudrup has encouraged his Swansea side to be bold and not sit on their 2-0 lead when they host Chelsea in the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

Swansea stand on the brink of a first appearance at a major cup final after they stunned the European champions with a smash-and-grab raid at Stamford Bridge in the first leg.

Michu and Danny Graham grabbed the goals to put the south Wales club within sight of Wembley and stoke up the excitement within the city.

Laudrup has been quick to play down expectation levels, and has pointed to Chelsea's excellent away record as evidence the tie could yet get away from his side.

And the Dane knows attempting to simply hold on to their advantage could be a recipe for disaster.

He said: ``They have been much better away that at home.

``They won 4-0 at Stoke, they got five against Southampton and against Leeds. They also won at Everton, so they are maybe the best away team in the Premier League.

``It is different to start a game from 0-0 rather than 2-0, but the only danger is if we think can go out and just defend, 90 minutes is a very long time to do that.

``We have to be prepared to do a little of both. We have to try and get on the ball and look to attack, although we know there will be moments when we have to accept we will have to defend.

``For me and the players this is fantastic, and I would imagine it is for fans as well.

``We're not a club can pretend we go into these games very often, so now we have a possibility, a fantastic chance and we will do our best, and more than that if we can.''

John Terry is in contention for a first start since November for Chelsea.

Terry has made just one brief substitute appearance since suffering a knee injury against Liverpool, 10 days ago against Stoke, and was an unused replacement for the draw with Southampton and Sunday's defeat of Arsenal.

Nigeria duo John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses are at the African Nations Cup while long-term absentee Oriol Romeu (knee) remains sidelined.

Despite needing to beat Swansea by at least three goals to advance, boss Rafa Benitez is unlikely to partner Fernando Torres and £7million signing Demba Ba up front.

He said: ``It's not easy for us to play both at the same time given the quality of the players playing behind. It's an option for 15 minutes, and we can do it if necessary.

``We have confidence that we can do it. It's not easy, but we've done it before in other stadiums and we can do it.

``We have to score and win. For them, it depends: 2-0 up, they could wait and play counter-attack.

``They could try to pass the ball and attack, but I think they will wait for us.

``We have to go there and try to win. Not just 1-0 - we have to do a bit better than that. But we can do it. We have enough quality.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/358615/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2013
With God, Mata, Hazard & Ba all things are possible

2 Likes

Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by omicron(m): 5:53am On Jan 23, 2013
All dat's needed is a goal within the first 15minutes, and good, very good, defending. Use Ba ahead of torres and pair them up from 70minutes. Take Ivanovic to Right back to avoid disturbing memories of the first leg. Start Terry, he will understand the import of the game most. Combine both tactics of penetrative midfield-to-striker play as well as defender-to-attacker long balls. Warn Ramires and Lampard against selfish games. Up Mata!!!

2 Likes

Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Havilah93(m): 8:01am On Jan 23, 2013
chei, this wont be by any means easy at all, but anything is still possible sha
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 8:06am On Jan 23, 2013
Swansea is currently in form and with Chelsea current dismal form, i see them losing this match. They don't have what it takes to challenge swansea except luck is on their side which i doubt.
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by mumumugu(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2013
3 .: 0 .demba ba 4 hatrick

1 Like

Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by omicron(m): 8:37am On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva: Swansea is currently in form and with Chelsea current dismal form, i see them losing this match. They don't have what it takes to challenge swansea except luck is on their side which i doubt.
Hmmm, you know what? Whenever you express these negative views of yours about chelsea, they usually go on to win the game!
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2013
cool cool
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Gwekzy: 11:42am On Jan 23, 2013
Chelsea ll lose...torres ll score 2 own goals

1 Like

Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by steve002(m): 11:44am On Jan 23, 2013
I tip chelsea to win! Up d blues
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 23, 2013
I prophet chiover hereby predict that chesea is out of the capital one cup. I am making this prophecy known to you based on what I saw as revelation yestday and I have put a call accros to congratulate swansea coach micheal laudroup. I beliv my church members will add in tens fold after the match today as I need more offering cash to complete my buildings at lekki phase two. Thank you for your patronage

1 Like

Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by okoraforaboy: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
knorkle2:

will u bet? cheesy
i bet am over 1.5,thats atleast two goals go enter weda na chelshit score or swansea,e no concern me na two goals i need from dem make i use the money go carry my russian babe for.......
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by beejay4all(m): 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Chiover i like ur comment but as a Chelsea u are a fake prohect u are here by dimoted.u and ur member ko karo 2nite.o de
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by youngdee168(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
torres2: With God, Mata, Hazard & Ba all things are possible
With Torres nothing is possible Abi?
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Chimerase(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Gwekzy: Chelsea ll lose...torres ll score 2 own goals
eidiot be realistic for once angry
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by vin4ever(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
BLUES ALL THE WAY ====>
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
beejay4all: Chiover i like ur comment but as a Chelsea u are a fake prohect u are here by dimoted.u and ur member ko karo 2nite.o de
. Hahahahahahahahaahahaahaahahaahahaah don't just worry your humble self but I am sure that you will be my church member after the match today lols
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by ajf(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yes o! Ba must start today for us to have any chance of going on to the final...
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Born2beRich1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2013

With God only, all things are possible
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by BashMe1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
ChelseaFC, I hail thee. Kpokpo life outta' dem 2nite abeg. And for ur info Baniwere, ur already being replaced by Morinho come end of summer.
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Cyrus12(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2013

Its gonna b bad mojo to all shesy fan 2nite, cos Swansea is gonna Bleep shesi ass badly .
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by timbros(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
*singing*

All we are saying......give us EARLY goal....!

kTBFFH!
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by inspirizu(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
The best tin for chelsea to do is to use our traditional 4:2:3:1

Cech
Ivanovich cahill terry. Cole
Ramires Lampad
Mata oscar hazard
Ba

Marin , luiz and torres second half
We don't wont ever confuse and unfocus luiz
Tell lampad not too rush for goals dat he shud wait for penalty
Tell ramires to stay in the back dat he shud break out once in a while and e shud repeat same performance wit arsenal against swansea
Tell hazard to play complete game in such a way dat he shud use his pace, skill and art of dribbling to penetrate because swansea players will Be in their box 18.
Tell oscar to deliver G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ pass and play shot anytime he likes
Tell mata dat he shud kill swansea wit his short and devilish pass and e shud penetrate too
Tell ba to put every ball inside the net either by crook or hook
Tell iva and cole no to leave back and any time d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ burst out d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shud deliver G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ cross
Tell cahill and terry to Be weary of counter
#lobatan# team chelsea for ever
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by mikeywise(m): 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
Afam4eva: Swansea is currently in form and with Chelsea current dismal form, i see them losing this match. They don't have what it takes to challenge swansea except luck is on their side which i doubt.
my brother, i am very happy because the reverse is usually the case anytime you say chelsea will lose, i hope it happens like that this time around.ktbffvh.
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by RedLight1: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

With God only, all things are possible
will god come down and play the match for us?
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by guddy4real: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
chiover: I prophet chiover hereby predict that chesea is out of the capital one cup. I am making this prophecy known to you based on what I saw as revelation yestday and I have put a call accros to congratulate swansea coach micheal laudroup. I beliv my church members will add in tens fold after the match today as I need more offering cash to complete my buildings at lekki phase two. Thank you for your patronage
Tank God u said chesea nt Chelsea.
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by tobounty(m): 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2013

Dis barca fan afam abi wetin be your name since chelsea grind una collect Champion's L your life never remain d same, no worri u go enter konga,wen we win again!

1 Like

Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by Babamide(m): 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
As long as your namesake does not play today, we are good to go
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by RioFernandez(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ah... Can't wait oh! C'mon #chelsea. We need 2 qualify
Re: Swansea Vs Chelsea - Capital One Cup - (0 - 0) On 23rd January 2012 by IYANGBALI: 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
The match is gonna end up 2-1,what I don't know is who scores what.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Basel : UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (2 - 1) On 10th March 2018 / Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace (0 - 0) On 14th January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.