Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! (38527 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by seyi360(m): 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
The catholic church has the right to pull out of CAN for wateva reason they deem fit,but dat doesn't dispute d fact dat CAN under d leadership of Oritsejafor has taken bold steps,challenged statosquo,expanded frontiers in an attempt to make Nigeria a truly secular state.The truth of d matter is dat ,at dis critical stage of insecurity motivated by religious differences in d country,Oritsejafor unequivocally is d best man for d job.He demonstrates d courage and charisma to look in d face of any big wig.His approach may not please everybody,but certainly he is making impact.I think d catholic church should try to embrace change for once.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Albedo27(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
achi4u: Albedo27 de man! hw levels nah?

to the topic;

I pray that Catholic as a true church of Christ should come to the rescue of this misinformed lot roaming around clapping their hand and shouting holy ghost fire! everywhere.

CYON
Achi oke nwune how levels nah and Ai? Dnt mind those prosperity laden churches, GEJ ll use nd dump them come 2015.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by nagoma(m): 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
seyi360: The catholic church has the right to pull out of CAN for wateva reason they deem fit,but dat doesn't dispute d fact dat CAN under d leadership of Oritsejafor has taken bold steps,challenged statosquo,expanded frontiers in an attempt to make Nigeria a truly secular state.The truth of d matter is dat ,at dis critical stage of insecurity motivated by religious differences in d country,Oritsejafor unequivocally is d best man for d job.He demonstrates d courage and charisma to look in d face of any big wig.His approach may not please everybody,but certainly he is making impact.I think d catholic church should try to embrace change for once.

What do you mean secular when the country is being flooded with churches , mosques and prayer houses and the Presidential address to the nation is now from the church pulpit? With Oritsejafor as the presidential advisor on religious affairs and CAN as the religious wing of the PDP , the country is doomed - and that includes all of us. The Catholics are right , we want to see some more orthodox churches calling this man Ayo to order or quitting CAN.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Ess: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
I highly give it to the non christians esp muslims that refuse to comment on this thread or derail it. However, the opposite would be the case if it was a topic of vice versa. Kudos for maintaining tolerance on this forum.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2013
prairie: @donpata, d problem wif u is ignorance, so now ur sayin jesus neva drank wine? Ur d one who needs to go nd read ur bible again. Now lemme tel u abt a priest's life, they do not marry so av no need for private jet, theirs is to preach, work and STUDY, u cnt engage dem in a theological debate nd xpect to win, dis one ur sayin they dnt study d bible is out of plain ignorance, dats y i miss bro mattew, if he z teachin u catechesm nd theology u wont feel lyk goin home. I stl preach unity of christ's body anyways

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: hahaha, if d pope was obama's righ handman, why is obama persecuting catholic in america? Or are u not aware dat there are several suite against obama by d catholic church in american courts, d catholic are treathening to go as far as d supreme court.
Ur lies have caught up wit u.

Tell the olodo abeg. he needs visa to travel out and see beyond their village
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by abodgroup(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
that is best idea , can is a polical partly

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2013
On matters of style, I flow like the river, on matters of principle I stand firm like a rock (**Thomas Jefferson, I believe).

Today it may be stylish to be identified with prosperous gatherings in the name of Christianity, with vociferous postulations from any odd bible.
Faith is not an item of fashion, even though a lot of people have been misled to think it is. So for me and my entire household, we shall serve the Lord in spirit and in truth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, the son of God. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins... I believe in life everlasting.
Lord we pray to you to strengthen our faith.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Artemisthe1st(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
I''m enjoying reading this posts and its comments.... Up catholic !!! And sm bastard mentioned smthng bout catholic church being envious... I pray God forgives dt bastard... Hehe.^_^.... Religion is fun

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by KweenAdz(f): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mtscheeeeeew..Who cares?!Catholic no be church before nah..Catholic na cult..So,dey can pull out and practice dir cultism and trash effectively...But seriously,true christian dnt care!May God help dem..

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Lizzypop: 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
So den sanusi was right in his call to ban CAN and other religious group cos he said they are political than religious.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by DaWizard47: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
KweenAdz: Mtscheeeeeew..Who cares?!Catholic no be church before nah..Catholic na cult..So,dey can pull out and practice dir cultism and trash effectively...But seriously,true christian dnt care!May God help dem..

@KweenAdz
Enlighten me, please define a cult.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by MAYOWAAK: 9:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
FOLLOWING rumours in some quarters that the Catholic Bishop Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) has pulled out of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), the Director Communication, Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, Rev. Fr. Raulph Madu, has refuted the claim.

In an interview with The Guardian, Madu maintained that the CBCN did not pull out of CAN, and that the body was only trying to sought out some issues with the national Christian body.

He mentioned that the body only withdrew temporarily from CAN, which will only last for few weeks, adding that there was no squabble between the two religious body.

Madu, who did not disclose the issues, said: “How can we pull out of CAN, we are just trying to iron out some issues with them, which are not palatable to us and it’s only going to last for few weeks”

We will always be in support of the national body; some of our bishops are heading CAN in some states,” he added.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111395:catholic-bishops-deny-pulling-out-of-can&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by justineu(m): 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
Real catholic for life whether they like it or not

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by donpata(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2013
MAYOWAAK: FOLLOWING rumours in some quarters that the Catholic Bishop Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) has pulled out of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), the Director Communication, Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, Rev. Fr. Raulph Madu, has refuted the claim.

In an interview with The Guardian, Madu maintained that the CBCN did not pull out of CAN, and that the body was only trying to sought out some issues with the national Christian body.

He mentioned that the body only withdrew temporarily from CAN, which will only last for few weeks, adding that there was no squabble between the two religious body.

Madu, who did not disclose the issues, said: “How can we pull out of CAN, we are just trying to iron out some issues with them, which are not palatable to us and it’s only going to last for few weeks”

We will always be in support of the national body; some of our bishops are heading CAN in some states,” he added.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111395:catholic-bishops-deny-pulling-out-of-can&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Look at this man, U left us to Sin against God with 12 pages of foolish and unchristian talk only for you 2 come out nd tell us of "few weeks" stuff. Or is it becoz the elction is around d corner again? Well, I leave U with God... Tank God Muslims exist; at least weve not been able to notice d great division among Christians. What will it be if Nigeria was completely Christian? May b we will be burning our Churches and killing our priest and pastors.. God Forbid..
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chiefpriest(m): 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Young and very foolish,i wish I could create time to educate you,am not a fan of ayo or d catholic but am a xtian and strongly believe d words of our lord Jesus that a house divided against itself cannot stand. d persons you claim onaikan defeated are not frm d penticostal church.your bishop of sokoto was almost a personal aid to abacha.ayo surpoting the subsidy removal means he is wise unlike your bishops that sat on d fence.Gej is a xtian and what is wrong with him fratanising wit menbers of his religion.Gej sent high power delegation to rome to support onaikan when he was made a cadinal
.catholics should lead by example and stop behaving like bunch of envious kids.shalom son.
aryzgreat:

yea just as onaiyekan defeated AKinola and Sunday Mbang to become CAN president on 2 occasions. And No d church didn't create disunity, it made its position known to CAN leadership in Nov and Dec but D tyrant ignored and never addressed d issues they raised, Dats a failure of leadership by Ayo. No body is against Ayo being close to president but he should not sell his birthright on d altar of partisan politics. Cardinal Okogie and onaiyekan have always been close to any govt by d virtue of their positions in d church hierachy but that has not stopped them from voicing out against d govt when d masses are oppressed.

Do u know dat during the last susbidy protest, Pastor Ayo was on TV defending subsidy? I think u sound more foolish dan me bro.

Shalom
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chiefpriest(m): 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
you must have cancer of d brain and am sorry for you.
nagoma:

What do you mean secular when the country is being flooded with churches , mosques and prayer houses and the Presidential address to the nation is now from the church pulpit? With Oritsejafor as the presidential advisor on religious affairs and CAN as the religious wing of the PDP , the country is doomed - and that includes all of us. The Catholics are right , we want to see some more orthodox churches calling this man Ayo to order or quitting CAN.
angry[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chiefpriest(m): 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
Wrong son you need help.stay off drugs and help ur parents.
Artemisthe1st: I''m enjoying reading this posts and its comments.... Up catholic !!! And sm bastard mentioned smthng bout catholic church being envious... I pray God forgives dt bastard... Hehe.^_^.... Religion is fun
embarassed
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Chiefpriest(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
maybe ayo refuse to join them,lol you made my day
KweenAdz: Mtscheeeeeew..Who cares?!Catholic no be church before nah..Catholic na cult..So,dey can pull out and practice dir cultism and trash effectively...But seriously,true christian dnt care!May God help dem..
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Roman Catholic Church is built on idol worship and deceit. Let them leave CAN with their homosexual bishops and Fathers. Nonsense.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by enlady(f): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
@ seyi360, you have spoken well.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by giftbz(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
To be candid, Catholic Church is the only church in Nigeria cannot be bought over by any government, others are running family enterprises.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by giftbz(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
To be candid, Catholic Church is the only church in Nigeria cannot be bought over by any government, others are running family enterprises in the name of church.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Artemisthe1st(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
Chiefpriest: Wrong son you need help.stay off drugs and help ur parents.[color=#990000][/color] embarassed
guy, u dey take weed ? Hw is ur comment useful to da group.... Mtcheeeeeeew.... Onye ara
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Artemisthe1st(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
Chiefpriest: Wrong son you need help.stay off drugs and help ur parents.[color=#990000][/color] embarassed
guy, u dey take weed ? Hw is ur comment useful to dz post.... . Mtcheeeeeeew.... Onye ara
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2013
U left catholic out of fustration.old cargo evn ur pastor can't give u husband but God and good character!
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2013
U mean homosexual Anglican bishops! Olodo
GraphicsPlus: Roman Catholic Church is built on idol worship and deceit. Let them leave CAN with their homosexual bishops and Fathers. Nonsense.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by HezronLorraine(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
peppy luv: U left catholic out of fustration.old cargo evn ur pastor can't give u husband but God and good character!
jeez u really know how to take on people.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by CharliParker: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yes I trust Catholic church, they have seen somthing bad in this CAN is like (CAN) they are collaborating with PDP.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by CharliParker: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thats why I love Our POPE and sombody like TB JOSHUA they are very rich but very poor in heart Christians(CAN) that was named after Our lord Jesus Christ so we should emulate him if not join politicians, pls let us let Love lead among all
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by cotzywitzy(m): 12:26am On Sep 04, 2013
Catholic brothers a word of advice am not criticizing here but opening your eyes, the Bible says thou shall not worship any god except the Almighty God. You should not worship any idol and place anything first except God. Yet you worship and praise Mary. Mary only had the opportunity to give birth to Jesus shes not the only virgin in isreal. So please lets know who we serve And stop worshipping or giving glory to Mary the only one who the glory is meant for is Jesus Christ. A word is enough for the wise. Cast away all the carvings of Mary and Jesus you have they are mere idol and pray to the one living God up in heaven. Demons have possessed all this carvings and making you believe you worship our saviour Jesus. God help us all.
Re: Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN! by caesaraba(m): 7:43am On Sep 04, 2013
cotzywitzy: Catholic brothers a word of advice am not criticizing here but opening your eyes, the Bible says thou shall not worship any god except the Almighty God. You should not worship any idol and place anything first except God. Yet you worship and praise Mary. Mary only had the opportunity to give birth to Jesus shes not the only virgin in isreal. So please lets know who we serve And stop worshipping or giving glory to Mary the only one who the glory is meant for is Jesus Christ. A word is enough for the wise. Cast away all the carvings of Mary and Jesus you have they are mere idol and pray to the one living God up in heaven. Demons have possessed all this carvings and making you believe you worship our saviour Jesus. God help us all.

Hogwash! The Catholic Church has made it clear that we Catholics do not worship Mother Mary. And you dare accuse us of idol worship? You Protestant swines should face your commercial houses and business centres disguised as churches and tackle the rot there-in before trying to 'correct' the wrongs in the Catholic Church. Catholicism is very different from Protestantism so it's very normal for you to find difficulty understanding the doctrines of the Mother church. But for you to come spewing accusations of Idol worship, et al, is not acceptable. Remove the log in your eyes before trying to remove the spec in someone's!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Prophetess Mummy B: Bobrisky Should Repent Or Be Incurably Sick, God Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.