Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160119 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by weyreypey: 6:23am On Mar 13, 2019
sammiejr:
Good evening bosses,
I just got a 2007 corolla sport. Kindly advice on the best security feature to protect my car from theft and car snatchers.

Thank you
Bright shining metallic pink color. As gazzuzz suggested!!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sammiejr(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2019
weyreypey:

Bright shining metallic pink color. As gazzuzz suggested!!

Bright shinny metallic pink it is grin grin grin
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by weyreypey: 5:49am On Mar 17, 2019
sammiejr:

Bright shinny metallic pink it is grin grin grin
Unfortunately I saw a corolla with that color yesterday!!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sammiejr(m): 5:52am On Mar 17, 2019
Gazzuzz, see what your influence is causing bah??

Oya recommend someone for comprehensive car servicing (obd scanning for underlying issues, wheel balancing & alignment, engine oil change, brake pad, etc) in Abuja.

Best engine oil to use for a 07 sport?

And Pleasssse........don't say anything related to pink.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sammiejr(m): 5:53am On Mar 17, 2019
weyreypey:

Unfortunately I saw a corolla with that color yesterday!!

Definitely not mine. Na Oga Gazzuzz go paint mine pink when I ready
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by magikalz(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2019
Recently, I was traveling from Owerri to Lagos with a 2009 Camry Muscle V6. At around Delta, the car started smoking and i noticed it wasn't throttling dowm again.

i managed it for a while till i got to a town where i got a mechanic to check it. He said the gear oil was low so the tramsmission was vomitting oil on the hot emgine causing smoke.

The recommemded oil was not available so we cleaned and topped it with ABRO ATF and i moved.

The gear was shifting smoothly till i got to Okada in Edo State. The smoking started again and gears wasnt changing. i parked and got mechanic again.

Same problem - gear oil was bad. Recommended oil wasnt available. We had to flush the transmission completely and use Dextron III so i could continue my journey.

I drove to Lagos without further trouble but some days later as i was going home, I noticed the car wasnt speeding no matter how much I throttled.

The gear wasnt changing and my car was crawling. Could barely climb a small slope on the road. It had to be pushed to a safe spot for the night.

The next morning, I drove it home without issues then called a mechanic. The guy says I have to buy a new transmission. I really no dey buoyant now.

Please any suggestions on what to do? The car is parked right now but moves well. I suspect the problem might be solved if I use the right oil - WS.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by IFEBARBIE: 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
magikalz:
Recently, I was traveling from Owerri to Lagos with a 2009 Camry Muscle V6. At around Delta, the car started smoking and i noticed it wasn't throttling dowm again.

i managed it for a while till i got to a town where i got a mechanic to check it. He said the gear oil was low so the tramsmission was vomitting oil on the hot emgine causing smoke.

The recommemded oil was not available so we cleaned and topped it with ABRO ATF and i moved.

The gear was shifting smoothly till i got to Okada in Edo State. The smoking started again and gears wasnt changing. i parked and got mechanic again.

Same problem - gear oil was bad. Recommended oil wasnt available. We had to flush the transmission completely and use Dextron III so i could continue my journey.

I drove to Lagos without further trouble but some days later as i was going home, I noticed the car wasnt speeding no matter how much I throttled.

The gear wasnt changing and my car was crawling. Could barely climb a small slope on the road. It had to be pushed to a safe spot for the night.

The next morning, I drove it home without issues then called a mechanic. The guy says I have to buy a new transmission. I really no dey buoyant now.

Please any suggestions on what to do? The car is parked right now but moves well. I suspect the problem might be solved if I use the right oil - WS.
Have you scanned it? If yes, what are the code?...
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bizzyliss(m): 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
magikalz:

gazzuzz is the answer
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GREENLIGHTLAW(m): 5:49pm On May 05, 2019
Good afternoon gentlemen. Please, I just got a 2006 Toyota Camry (big daddy). I've been using 1999 toyota Sienna which I sold recently. I have maintenance required and ABS indicators on the dash of big daddy (photo 1). Little online research shows the maint reqd is about oil change. That brings me to my first question.
1- WHAT ENGINE OIL SHOULD I USED FOR THE CAMRY, PLEASE. I intend changing it asap. MEANWHILE I HAVE a spare 4 liter keg of Mobil super.
2- Do all Toyotas use the same oil filter, reason is I have a spare filter which was left of my collection for the Sienna, now sold. I usually buy my filters alongside the oil at Mobil filling stations. Every help and support will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Jneni: 9:29am On May 22, 2019
magikalz:

I had this same problem when travelling from Enugu to Lagos a few weeks ago, Toyota Camry SE 2010 model. Around Awka, the Check engine light and that off track light came on and when moving from gear 1 to 2 or from 2 to 3 it will make this noise and jerk. Later it smoothened out. But around Umunede in Delta state, the gear suddenly slipped from gear 4/5 to gear 2. And I was moving fast then. Had to immediately reduce my speed so as not to blow the engine.

The transmission oil also poured out to the engine and I saw smoke coming out. I stopped and a mechanic told me my transmission oil tank was too full and the pressure from the drive was what pushed it out.

However, the same thing happened again during my return trip, only this time the oil didn't gush out.

The car behaves very fine normally, until.that check engine light suddenly shows and then it misbehaves. After a while, the lights go off and it goes back to normal.

What could be the problem? I am suspecting a fuel injector or air flow, I don't think it is the transmission
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 9:41am On May 22, 2019
GREENLIGHTLAW:
Good afternoon gentlemen. Please, I just got a 2006 Toyota Camry (big daddy). I've been using 1999 toyota Sienna which I sold recently. I have maintenance required and ABS indicators on the dash of big daddy (photo 1). Little online research shows the maint reqd is about oil change. That brings me to my first question.
1- WHAT ENGINE OIL SHOULD I USED FOR THE CAMRY, PLEASE. I intend changing it asap. MEANWHILE I HAVE a spare 4 liter keg of Mobil super.
2- Do all Toyotas use the same oil filter, reason is I have a spare filter which was left of my collection for the Sienna, now sold. I usually buy my filters alongside the oil at Mobil filling stations. Every help and support will be appreciated. Thank you.

Use Mobil 1 (assuming that mileage isn't doctored)
I doubt if the filter is same across board except your engine is a 3MZ which is compatible with your sienna's filter.

Meanwhile, scan that abs system for malfunction.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by daddy001: 9:49am On May 23, 2019
Good morning experts, Kindly assist with a whining sound from my steering.It whines and becomes a bit stiff when engine is warm/hot and in motion.Toyota camry 2004 2.4l engine

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by luluspin(m): 8:01am On May 28, 2019
Good .morning house..... I have a toyota camry le 2003.. Last friday on my way to work my car started misbehaving i.e some terrible sound came up couple with the car jerking and struggling to move on gear
I was told to replace the shaft head that is inside the gear that it has pulled out....
I notice that after the mechanic fixed the shaft(tho i wasn't there) but afterwards the car moves fine...
But i noticed since then , my car makes some tiny noise whenever am moving on gear one and gear two ,on the side he fixed, the gear selects fine , no error code on gear
I already serviced the gear but the huuuuuuu sound still persist.
Now my mechanic said its either the bearing in the gear is bad or the shaft replaced isn't for my car or the back axle oil is dry
Pls help
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Bigsteveg(m): 11:57pm On May 28, 2019
kingreign:

Use Mobil 1 (assuming that mileage isn't doctored)
I doubt if the filter is same across board except your engine is a 3MZ which is compatible with your sienna's filter.

Meanwhile, scan that abs system for malfunction.

Hg
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2019
Bigsteveg:

Hello sir, please my Toyota Camry 07 is telling me maint reqd, I serviced it in March with Mobil 1 5W-20 extended performance high mileage formula and since then I have travelled less than 4000 miles. I notice that when I want start the engine, it signals the main reqd but disappears after sometime.

The engine oil is supposed to go for nothing less than 15000 miles. Kindly assist with this, thanks.

Your car manufacturer specified 5W30 fully synthetic, with an OCI of 5000 miles, why flagrant abuse of these recommendation?

Do the right thing, the use of 5W20 in an engine not tested and recommended for is gonna case accelerated wear and tear and premature damage to the engine.

As for the blinking Maintenance required light, check your owners manual.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dru23(m): 7:51am On May 30, 2019
kingreign:

Your car manufacturer specified 5W30 fully synthetic
, with an OCI of 5000 miles, why flagrant abuse of these recommendation?

Do the right thing, the use of 5W20 in an engine not tested and recommended for is gonna case accelerated wear and tear and premature damage to the engine.

As for the blinking Maintenance required light, check your owners manual.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dru23(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2019

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by prosper427(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2019
Just got a 2000 Camry with 160k miles on it .It is my first Toyota so I do not know much about Toyota what i really want to know now is why does my Camry shift into second gear at 3000 rpm I know if you push the pedal hard on auto trans. they usually shift at higher rpm but mine shift at 3000rpm even if I baby the gas pedal is this normal or could there be something I could look out for?

The oil has been serviced with Mobil ATF so I don't think the problem is oil related please all Toyota users and lovers is this normal for my year and model of Camry?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by IFEBARBIE: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
Congratulations, you just got the best car in the Camry model. Please run a scan on the power train, look out for the trans code. It could be simple solenoid service.
Besides, is it tokumbo?

prosper427:
Just got a 2000 Camry with 160k miles on it .It is my first Toyota so I do not know much about Toyota what i really want to know now is why does my Camry shift into second gear at 3000 rpm I know if you push the pedal hard on auto trans. they usually shift at higher rpm but mine shift at 3000rpm even if I baby the gas pedal is this normal or could there be something I could look out for?

The oil has been serviced with Mobil ATF so I don't think the problem is oil related please all Toyota users and lovers is this normal for my year and model of Camry?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by prosper427(m): 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
I have scanned the car severally no code was found. What I discovered lately was that the gear shift from 1-2 usually happen when the speedometer Needle is at 25km and rpm at 3000.

Now if I get my foot off the gas pedal slitely, the shift from 1-2 happens earlier than 25km and 2400rpm this was how the car was delivered to me it was a guy who drove it from Lagos to me so I do not know if that was how the car came in to Nigeria or it happened on his way from Lagos. So pls do you know what is wrong or is this common with Camrys or could it be that the ECU was programmed to work that way.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by picaso313(m): 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
please can any1 help with the engine oil and radiator coolant recommended for camry 2010.. and also is octane booster adviceable for this car?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
picaso313:
please can any1 help with the engine oil and radiator coolant recommended for camry 2010.. and also is octane booster adviceable for this car?

engine oil 5W30

coolant Toyota long life coolant

gear oil Toyota WS

octane booster not needed

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by radautoworks: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
GREENLIGHTLAW:

1) 0w20

2) no they don't. And especially not the 99 sienna and this car

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by radautoworks: 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
picaso313:

5w20 or 0w20 and zerex coolant

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by radautoworks: 4:43am On Jun 06, 2019
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Crixie(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
radautoworks:
Oya Toyota lovers, take.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cars-most-likely-last-200000-miles-2019-6
No corollas /Camrys on the list though
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by picaso313(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2019
radautoworks:

5w20 or 0w20 and zerex coolant
thank u
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by radautoworks: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
picaso313:
thank u

Yw
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by texasbullet(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
just joined the Toyota Gang with 2006 Avalon

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by priestcharm(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
I beg someone should create a whatsapp group. It will make life easier for communication
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mikefem58(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2019
Good morning house, on Wednesday I lend my Camry SE 2009 to a friend only for him to call me that the engine all of a sudden started making a rattling sound which I know is a lie, the rattling sound was louder that a generator sound I invited my mechanic over to check the engine and he said my friend drove the car roughly and has hit the engine on the floor which cause the whole engine oil to leak out. When my mechanic opened the engine he saw some grounded metals and he said there are two option which are if he work on the engine the rattling sound might stop if not I would have to buy a new engine after working on the engine and putting engine oil the rattling sound reduced so my mechanic said I would have to buy a new engine but I can be managing the car with the sound till I am ready for a new engine I asked him if he is sure about that and he said yes so I decided to test the car on the road but unfortunately the whole engine oil leaked out and the engine shut down and refused to start again I had to tow the car back home.

Please house I need on information if it's still possible to fix my current engine or may buy half engine and I also need help on idea of price for a new engine.

Thank you all for you helpful response in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.