Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160471 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 6:46am On Apr 24, 2023
streetwise2015:
Good evening bosses..My Toyota Camry 2006 big daddy keeps shorting oil..I use Mobil super 2000 5w-30 which is the recommended oil but I still experience oil shortage after 5 liters I bought recently. I still bought 1 Litre to top it up…just bought the car from America 4 months ago..pls your suggestions would be highly appreciated

Please what is the best oil to use since Mobil goes short everytime before service ?

Guess your engine is 4 cylinder 2azfe which is know for oil burn.

Either you switch to 20w50 engine oil or change to new piston rings and valve stem seals using original parts.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Kingdemu: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
blendz4real:
Greetings all

I drive a Toyota Camry 07 and the cooling fans only come on intermittently and is only consistent when the AC is on but recently my electrician has been advising that I should allow him connect it to be running continuously else one day I'll suffer over heating.

I need professional advice on this.

Thank you
Don't ever patronize that mechanic again.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dozieson(m): 5:28am On Apr 25, 2023
streetwise2015:
Good evening bosses..My Toyota Camry 2006 big daddy keeps shorting oil..I use Mobil super 2000 5w-30 which is the recommended oil but I still experience oil shortage after 5 liters I bought recently. I still bought 1 Litre to top it up…just bought the car from America 4 months ago..pls your suggestions would be highly appreciated

Please what is the best oil to use since Mobil goes short everytime before service ?

Bro just manage am like that o. Except you want to ring the engine. Ringing may not last another 6 months and it will start burning oil again. Changing the engine is not also a guarantee. 2AZ FE engine is known for oil burn.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by piscesgem(m): 7:49pm On May 12, 2023
Please I need your experienced input, I have a 2008 toyota corolla, as I was driving this afternoon I noticed steam coming from the bonnet, AC was on and we were in hold up, I noticed the fan was not running as I opened the bonnet, I called my mechanic who told me it's the fan, immediately we went to change the fan (sic) mechanism, after fitting the fan it still didn't work, we have to get a rewire who discovered that the fan fuse is burnt, we also noticed that the radiator was leaking water from the side.

My confusion now is that the mechanic and the guy that fixed the fan is saying (1) I have to get a 2 cell radiator as the single cell is small for my engine or (2) they weld the bad radiator which will serve for sometimes

Please I need your input for best decision to make please

Gazzuz, Nurey, kingreign, Ikenna351
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2023
piscesgem:
Please I need your experienced input, I have a 2008 toyota corolla, as I was driving this afternoon I noticed steam coming from the bonnet, AC was on and we were in hold up, I noticed the fan was not running as I opened the bonnet, I called my mechanic who told me it's the fan, immediately we went to change the fan (sic) mechanism, after fitting the fan it still didn't work, we have to get a rewire who discovered that the fan fuse is burnt, we also noticed that the radiator was leaking water from the side.

My confusion now is that the mechanic and the guy that fixed the fan is saying (1) I have to get a 2 cell radiator as the single cell is small for my engine or (2) they weld the bad radiator which will serve for sometimes

Please I need your input for best decision to make please

Gazzuz, Nurey, kingreign, Ikenna351

Get a double cell radiator!

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by piscesgem(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2023
kingreign:

Get a double cell radiator!

Ok, noted...I appreciate your prompt reply

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Angrygoat: 9:28pm On May 12, 2023
Double cel for 4 plugs engine. OK o
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by melviniyke2002(m): 4:13pm On May 13, 2023
Angrygoat:
Double cel for 4 plugs engine. OK o
yes brand new double cell....dats wot am using for years now

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by blendz4real(m): 9:53pm On May 18, 2023
streetwise2015:

The same issue I'm having with my Toyota Camry 07.

Wondering if I can get genuine rings and other parts that would last reasonably.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Angrygoat: 11:05am On May 19, 2023
Buy abro stop oil leak 1500 ,2k. It will work after like a month of everyday drive...
blendz4real:

The same issue I'm having with my Toyota Camry 07.

Wondering if I can get genuine rings and other parts that would last reasonably.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by oskaroni(m): 10:49pm On May 20, 2023
Engine control unit #1Engine control unit #1
DTCs: 1
----------------------------
P0037 [0x0037]
Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit low
Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Low Input (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

Check Engine light comes up so i ised an obdii scanner to scan the car and it brought this out,can anyone help interpret this for a Toyota Corolla,looked up Google and it's showing something about oxygen sensor,i need clarity please
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by blendz4real(m): 1:29am On May 21, 2023
Angrygoat:
Buy abro stop oil leak 1500 ,2k. It will work after like a month of everyday drive...

Hmmm!

Okay. Thank you
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by buygala(m): 6:05am On May 21, 2023
blendz4real:

Hmmm!

Okay. Thank you

Ha..

Don't pour any stop-leak anything into your engine o..

Stop-leaks are for minor radiator leaks not engine leaks

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:05am On May 21, 2023
buygala:

Ha..

Don't pour any stop-leak anything into your engine o..

Stop-leaks are for minor radiator leaks not engine leaks

When a goat is angry what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:06am On May 21, 2023
blendz4real:

Hmmm!

Okay. Thank you

DONT heed to the advise of an angry animal.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Angrygoat: 7:29am On May 21, 2023
Ode ppl,I have told u,buy abro stop engine oil leak. Visit konga,or enter market
It is written boldly,or you buy resurrs stop oil leak. If you go against my advice, then allow mechanic damage your engine. Half of the ppl commenting here don't have a car or drive one daily. No p. Do as you wish. Kingreign is a quack kazeem,nurey and the rest are all kazeems. Na nairaland dey give them prestige. Bunch of dumbos

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 8:54am On May 21, 2023
Angrygoat:
Ode ppl,I have told u,buy abro stop engine oil leak. Visit konga,or enter market
It is written boldly,or you buy resurrs stop oil leak. If you go against my advice, then allow mechanic damage your engine. Half of the ppl commenting here don't have a car or drive one daily. No p. Do as you wish. Kingreign is a quack kazeem,nurey and the rest are all kazeems. Na nairaland dey give them prestige. Bunch of dumbos

It's your Brain that needs the Abro engine oil leak because it is leaking nonsense grin

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Angrygoat: 10:03am On May 21, 2023
Ode. You do t own a car foo l. Ka ka ka
Coward. So that u can exploit the car owner when he comes to your shop. Visit amazon and read reviews. Even resurrs works like magic . Foo l
nurey:

It's your Brain that needs the Abro engine oil leak because it is leaking nonsense grin
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:20am On May 21, 2023
nurey:

Nice comeback!

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2023
Angrygoat:
Coward. So that u can exploit the car owner when he comes to your shop. Visit amazon and read reviews. Even resurrs works like magic . Foo l

Why you stammering and stuttering?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2023
Angrygoat:

Is owing a car the requisite of being a good vehicle technician you goofed again.

Show evidence of anybody that has come to my shop to repair vehicle and claims they were exploited. grin

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Kingdemu: 11:50am On May 22, 2023
Angrygoat:
How I wish I can put a bullet straight to your skull. Only God knows the number of people this mad man has misled on this board.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nwanna2588: 7:59pm On May 23, 2023
Please choose for me. Toyota Corolla or Toyota Camry? All of 2006 model. Which should I go for Uber?
Foreign fairly used ones though
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dadabashua1(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Please choose for me. Toyota Corolla or Toyota Camry? All of 2006 model. Which should I go for Uber?
corolla pls,ages better than big for nothing,better fuel economy,better resale value,more OVERHYPED, lol,more fuel efficient,also more prone to theft,overall I've used both in the past ,I prefer the Corolla not minding it's less horsepower,where you wan de run de go self? That's on the lighter note anyway,still has the Corolla in stock,I don sell the Camry tey tey.(my bias Opinion may be).

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nwanna2588: 2:00pm On May 24, 2023
Thank

dadabashua1:
corolla pls,ages better than big for nothing,better fuel economy,better resale value,more OVERHYPED, lol,more fuel efficient,also more prone to theft,overall I've used both in the past ,I prefer the Corolla not minding it's less horsepower,where you wan de run de go self? That's on the lighter note anyway,still has the Corolla in stock,I don sell the Camry tey tey.(my bias Opinion may be).

You!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:32am On May 25, 2023
Nwanna2588:
better buy civic,shey you see the way dem dey kill people for Corolla.not advisable for Uber
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by blendz4real(m): 2:53pm On May 28, 2023
Good day Nairalanders

*Toyota Camry 07*
After topping engine oil, mechanic mistakenly over guage but check engine light disappeared.
After a week check engine light comes on. Engine oil still above guage.
Should I drain a little oil out?
Could something else be responsible for the check engine light coming on.
Thank you all in anticipation.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:56am On May 29, 2023
blendz4real:
Good day Nairalanders

*Toyota Camry 07*
After topping engine oil, mechanic mistakenly over guage but check engine light disappeared.
After a week check engine light comes on. Engine oil still above guage.
Should I drain a little oil out?
Could something else be responsible for the check engine light coming on.
Thank you all in anticipation.
yes,reduce the engine oil

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by blendz4real(m): 8:17pm On May 29, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
yes,reduce the engine oil

Done!

Thank you
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by glad1: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
Please experts in the house kindly advise. I want to get a 2013 Nogerian used toyota corolla. Scaned it and it threw up these attached codes! Pls advice on like cost of the repair or if I should go ahead with the deal or not.🙏
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Angrygoat: 11:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
02 sensors wires don fry,burn or cut ad join don disconnect. Buy direct toks sensors 20k for 2.the the gear .be like say na sensor or u go buy toks gear.
glad1:
Please experts in the house kindly advise. I want to get a 2013 Nogerian used toyota corolla. Scaned it and it threw up these attached codes! Pls advice on like cost of the repair or if I should go ahead with the deal or not.🙏
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sammiejr(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
Good evening guys,

Please can I use "Abro Automatic transmission fluid" as power steering fluid. Just noticed mine is totally empty and my steering was making a noise.

My mechanic recommended it but I'm still sceptical.

My Car is a corolla 2006

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.