Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? (804 Views)

8 Rare Flowers That Look Nothing Like Flowers (PICTURES) / How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] / What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by Idriswhite(m): 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
Life will be richer and sweeter if there is nothing like death. If i were to live longer on earth, i will spend billion of years loving and adoring my wife. What will you spend thousands of years doing if there is nothing like death?
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by braine(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
I'll accumulate wealth just for fun of it.
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by ihedioramma: 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
WORSHIPING MY GOD.

1 Like

Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by Mynd44: 1:54am On Jan 24, 2013
I would not change a thing
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by Mynd44: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
Pyguru funny die
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by skydeexie(m): 11:22am On Jan 25, 2013
Fortunately, God has promised us life in Heaven, not just thousands, millions, billions or zillions of years but FOREVER, and Oh, Heaven is a beautiful and wonderful place. No dull moment there. It's even more busier than this world. There will be lots of fun and lots of things to do in heaven.

1. There will be no death in heaven and therefore no sickness

2. There will be no need for MONEY in heaven. Everything is provided free! Including your mansion and food of
any choice, also fruits of different varieties with heavenly taste. It's an all Eternal fully paid expenses by the
Lord of Lords and King of Kings - Jesus Christ.

3. Learning will continue in heaven on a higher level. There are Universities and Schools of Learning in Heaven,
but you will be shocked at who some of your Professors will be - Children! There are no failures in Heaven. Everyone will attain his God given wisdom to rule along with Christ.

4. Your personal mansion is built according to your personality, taste, heart desires and many other things you wouldn't believe God has thought about. I Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." Do you love God or do you see Him as a task master ready to snuff the life out of you? Think about it.

5. There will be sports and sports competition in heaven, such as water skiing, football, horse racing, extreme sports, even ones you had always wanted to do here on earth but could not. There will be no injuries. However all will be done for the glory of our King and Saviour. Points earned in competitions will be offered to Jesus as a form of worship and appreciation. There will be no losers in heaven.

6. There are amusement parks and entertainment theatres in heaven that are out of this world! But with none of the sinful trash associated with the so-called entertainment of this sinful world. What is even more, you can even participate in some live productions of films and other forms of pure entertainment all to the glory of God. God has taken care of every minute detail of our eternal provisions in heaven. What a wonderful God!

7. No need to worry or fight to protect your land, being kidnapped,or Children getting lost or any of such things you use to know here on earth.

8. There is worship and music as you have never heard before. Only the holy and pure in heart will see God's face.

9. If you have any relative, parents or children that are already in heaven ahead of you. Their greatest desire is for you to come and meet them. They are all waiting for your date of arrival. Once in heaven, you wouldn't like to come back to this world again.

10. The source of Life in Heaven is Light and God is Light, in Him there is no darkness at all. All means and forms of transportation in heaven are driven by light. You can also travel at the speed of thought.

11. Heaven is Eight times bigger than the earth. The river of Life that originates from the throne of God is a whooping 200,000 miles long with different kinds of heavenly fruits growing every month along the river bank for the enjoyment of the saints.

12. You can invite Jesus and other family members to your own banquet in your mansion, and Jesus can be at several banquets at the same time. Remember, He is God.

13. Things that are impossible here on earth are possible in heaven because heaven is a supernatural place. For instance you can control gravity in heaven. You will be able to travel to other planets for eternal adventures in God's Universe. What a prospect!

14. You will wear different clothes for different occasions. Your clothes are made up of your righteous deeds here on earth. The more righteous your deeds, the more beautifully decorated and brighter your clothes will shine. Don't ask me how, God knows the how. We always have a tendency to think of the things of God in worldly and human terms.

15. I Corinthians 2:13-14 KJV - "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

16. Among all the righteous deeds God expects from you, Living a HOLY LIFE IS NO.1. Give up living in sin. It's NEVER worth missing heaven.

17. Galatians 5:19-21 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

18. Revelation 21:4-5 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

19. Revelation 21:27 "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

20. John 14:1-6 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man
cometh unto the Father, but by me.

[size=14pt]Eternal Planning, Salvation is free, but your life lived now, determines your eternal position![/size]

This chapter explains how your eternal position is determined and you are actually the one who decides it!

People do many types of planning in their lifetime; Vacation Plans, Home building Plans, Savings Plans, College Fund Plans, Retirement Planning and even Estate Planning. The most important, but most overlooked planning is ETERNAL PLANNING. I am not talking about getting saved so you can make it to Heaven. I am talking about something far beyond that. Your eternal position which once set will never be changed. You can work towards it until you die, after that there is not much you can do. That means you find out what God’s purpose is for your life and you accomplish it. He has a destiny for all of us. You will either rule or reign with Christ in the new earth, or you will serve others.

One of the most important things you will be held accountable for will be what God called you to do with your life. We all have specific destinies and God gives us the gifts, talents and grace to accomplish it. If you do not know what your calling is, seek God and He will reveal it to you.

The bible clearly says that our gifts and callings are without repentance. This means that you will not be excused from fulfilling God’s purpose for your life. You will make it to Heaven, but you will have no reward for doing your own ‘stuff’ if you have not accomplished God’s stuff.

You do receive reward for any kindness you show, because the word of God says, “If you give a cup of water to a little one in Jesus name, you will in no wise lose your reward”. These rewards are different than the one you receive for accomplishing God’s calling on your life. Make sure your life counts for the Kingdom of God. Your reward will be to spend eternity ruling with Christ. You will never regret it!

NOTE: Some inputs for this post are from the book,
Revealing Heaven by Kat Kerr
www.revealingheaven.com
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Living forever is not going to be so much fun OP, you would get bored after some time and want something else other than the life of this world. People who have an unlimited supply of something always get bored of that thing. The reason why we think life is so precious is because it will definitely come to an end for everyone and it cannot be replaced. When life becomes limitless or endless, trust me, human beings will start to get bored of it.
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by Babamide(m): 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Remember the movie 'TROY' when Achilles said- "the gods envy us. They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be I'll last." I'll rather be a mortal being. I'll run crazy if I were to live forever
Re: If There Is Nothing Like Death. What Will You Spend Thousands Of Years Doing? by skydeexie(m): 3:00am On Jan 27, 2013
fellis: Living forever is not going to be so much fun OP, you would get bored after some time and want something else other than the life of this world. People who have an unlimited supply of something always get bored of that thing. The reason why we think life is so precious is because it will definitely come to an end for everyone and it cannot be replaced. When life becomes limitless or endless, trust me, human beings will start to get bored of it.

I would have agreed with your reasoning if death and the grave were the end of everything, but alas God did not meant it to be so. Your REAL life of existence just begins the moment your spirit leaves your body. The spirit or soul returns to God in heaven if you had settled the issue of your eternal destiny through Jesus Christ while you were alive on earth. Your dead body (corpse) that housed your soul earlier returns to the grave awaiting the day of resurrection when God shall finally change it to immortality at the appearance of Christ. However, the reverse will be the case if you died without Christ in your life. The devil will immediately claim and drag your soul to hell where you will experience hellish tortures that cannot be imagined while awaiting the resurrection of the damned. The prospect of spending eternity in hell is too horrendous to contemplate. The devil is merciless, there is no love, compassion, kindness or peace there, only evil in all its ramifications forever. Whatever evil being experienced at the moment on earth is like child's play when compared to what exist in hell. For some people, this earth will be the only hell they will ever experience while for some the present earth is the only heaven they will ever have.

On a brighter note, you can NEVER exhaust eternity because God's wisdom, power, glory, knowledge, understanding, creative ability, etc, etc are infinite. You will spend the whole of forever exploring God and His creation. Remember learning will continue and by implication new discoveries will be made from God's unending surprises and knowledge. And what is more, as a true child of God you will rule and reign with Christ over kingdoms forever. So, how can this be dull or boring? Bear in mind that the issue of sin has degraded, bastardised and destroyed our understanding. Our Lord Jesus Christ has taken care of all our imperfections throughout eternity. Heaven is a far more busier place than this world where even now those who are there are engaged in very meaningful, loving and pleasant activities.

(1) (Reply)

Be Thankful / Can This Happen In Nigeria? Is Time For Africa To Wake Up / Cameroonpride Deceiving Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.