Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Some Best Quotes And Sayings By Mahatma Gandhi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Best Quotes And Sayings By Mahatma Gandhi (803 Views)

The Best Quotes For You! / Drop Your Best Quotes On Success,determination,passion, Etc. Here / Favorite Quotes and posts Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Best Quotes And Sayings By Mahatma Gandhi by babadey(m): 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi, was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India. Employing non-violent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for non-violence, civil rights and freedom across the world. He was born October 02, 1869 and died January 30, 1948.

QUOTES....
“I came to the conclusion long ago that all religions were true and that also that all had some error in them, and while I hold by my own religion, I should hold other religions as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we were Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu; but our innermost prayer should be that a Hindu should become a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, and a Christian a better Christian.” ( kiss)

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”

“Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.”

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
- I shall fear only God.
- I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
- I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
- I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”

“I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life.”

“In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.” (EXACTLY)

“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”

“Hate the sin, love the sinner.”

“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” (ONE OF MY BEST)

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” (I LUV THIS ALOT)

“Seven Deadly Sins:
-Wealth without work
-Pleasure without conscience
-Science without humanity
-Knowledge without character
-Politics without principle
-Commerce without morality
-Worship without sacrifice.”

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.” (LUV GAN)

“it's easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone”

“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”

“Terrorism and deception are weapons not of the strong, but of the weak.”

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”

“It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err"

“It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.”

“To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man's injustice to woman. If by strength is meant brute strength, then, indeed, is woman less brute than man. If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man's superior. Has she not greater intuition, is she not more self-sacrificing, has she not greater powers of endurance, has she not greater courage? Without her, man could not be. If nonviolence is the law of our being, the future is with woman. Who can make a more effective appeal to the heart than woman?”

“A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."

HAPPY NEW MONTH,MAY IT BE A BLISSFUL MONTH,IJN,AMEN. smiley
Re: Some Best Quotes And Sayings By Mahatma Gandhi by frederal(m): 2:10am On Jul 01, 2013
Words...tasting delicious like food, when eaten and digested, nourishes the spirit, soul and body. Great quotes.

1 Like

Re: Some Best Quotes And Sayings By Mahatma Gandhi by babadey(m): 7:39am On Jul 01, 2013
frederal: Words...tasting delicious like food, when eaten and digested, nourishes the spirit, soul and body. Great quotes.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Dont Fall For This Scam. / Cameroonpride Deceiving Himself / 5 Nigerian Billionaires Spends N71B On Their Private Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.