Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,499 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia (7073 Views)

KunlePoly That Stole Goat In Ilorin Is Dead / Nigerian Nabbed In Australia With $10m Hard Drug (Pictured) / Nigerian Crime Kingpin Jailed In Australia.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by solomon111(m): 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
staaari: We still have colonial mentality reading some comments here.!!

Nobody own this world, we all own it together.

We dont need OYINBO to validate our practices!!!!!

We should be able to think and act for ourself.

Now it took a goat arrested in Australia for us to believe our Osun Police were not acting stupily!

AFRICANS wake up! We can shape the world as we see fit.
True.
Unfortunately,we are too brainwashed to act otherwise.
It is Sad.
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Anvaller: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
The Great Gary the Goat... No mind dem, u were only eating and they caused trouble out of it.. Now no be only Naija e dey happen..
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by free2ryhme: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
goat has bin freed iya sule dön put wood for fire 4 asun preparations. make una no let dat goat go **holdin butchers knife**
dis holiday celebrations don set o o o
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Onlinebiz2012: 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by OmoTier1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
free13: By Jonathan Samuels, Australia correspondent

An Australian court has heard the bizarre case of a goat which destroyed a flowerbed - and has found in favour of the peckish animal.
Gary the goat was accused of eating flowers outside Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Art and his owner James Dezarnaulds, was fined \$440 (£295) by police.
However, the comedian, also known as Jimbo Bazoobi, contested the fine.
As he delivered his version of events to the magistrate his sidekick waited nervously outside court surrounded by reporters and photographers.
Magistrate Carolyn Barkell said the accused had been eating the flowers when police arrived.
"I accept that he did eat garden plants," she said.
However, she said there was no evidence Mr Bazoobi took Gary there with the intention of vandalising vegetation.
"He may have preferred to have an ice cream," she said.
Gary's lawyer Paul McGirr told the court police had issued the wrong infringement notice because it related to a person and not a goat.
He also said it could not be proved that Mr Bazoobi put Gary up to the act.
"We can't guess what he might have been whispered in his goat ear," he said.

Mr Bazoobi tours Australia with Gary and told reporters he bought him for a case of beer last year.
Speaking after the verdict Mr Bazoobi said: "Gary's name has been cleared of all this slander. He was simply eating and I want to thank everyone for coming down here.
"Gary the goat taught the cops a valuable lesson today, don’t bite off more than you can chew."

Mr McGirr said: "Think about the waste of taxpayers' money that has been spent on prosecuting a person because a goat is eating some grass or some vegetation.
"I've always been an advocate that all police should be out doing real police work. I'd also like to know what other police who are working hard would think about their colleague actually writing a ticket to someone whose goat is feeding."
The magistrate dismissed Mr Bazoobi's application for the Crown to pay his legal costs but cancelled his fine.
[b]Gary was not required to give evidence and made no comment on the verdict.[/b]

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/australia-gary-goat-overturns-conviction-101840143.html
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by vanstanzy(m): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
So no be only Osun state get this madness? See madness on display! grin grin grincheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Omen100(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
I watched it this afternoon on channels newstrack, it was funny but a real serious case, the owner of the Gary worn the goat a hat.
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by tessyade: 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
This must be a joke afterall a comedian was mentioned in the story.

1 Like

Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by megareal: 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
Gawd! I no fit laff.
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by jephiano: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Cop 1: John read him his rights.
Cop 2: *coughs twice* You have the right...uh....*what d hell am i doing?* to remain silent.......er u have the right to an attorney *an attorney?! Jesus Christ what kinda job is this?!what r we doing here? And more importantly, Y didnt i call in sick?* you er er.........
Gary: *with australian accent* MEEEEEEHHHHH!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
free13: I thought it was only in naija that police officers arrest goats. grin grin

Police nah police. But the Nigerian goat died in custody. May his goatish soul rest in peace. Amen.

Nigerian police should learn from australian police how to treat an arrested goat until conviction of crime. Ex-convict goats on parade...
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: Gary the goat grin

Front page material indeed.

Where are the garri cabal
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
190-the-clown:
Gary was not required to give evidence and made no comment on the verdict.

I liked this part most. Also ''it would have preferred icecream to vegetation''.... Hehehe.
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by dejijohns(m): 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
Dat Ice cream part got me *lol* criouxly...
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
okpara ugo:

Police nah police. But the Nigerian goat died in custody. May his goatish soul rest in peace. Amen.

Nigerian police should learn from australian police how to treat an arrested goat until conviction of crime. Ex-convict goats on parade...
what did autopsy report say about the Nigerian goat that died in prison
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by AreaFada2: 1:56am On Jan 25, 2013
staaari: We still have colonial mentality reading some comments here.!!

Nobody own this world, we all own it together.

We dont need OYINBO to validate our practices!!!!!

We should be able to think and act for ourself.

Now it took a goat arrested in Australia for us to believe our Osun Police were not acting stupily!

AFRICANS wake up! We can shape the world as we see fit.

A lonely voice in the wilderness!
It is well.

John The Baptist comes to mind.

If black man believed in himself, we would not be where we're now.
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by AreaFada2: 1:59am On Jan 25, 2013
Baba-Ibrahim:
what did autopsy report say about the Nigerian goat that died in prison

It says its pepper soup was very delicious grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by lastpage: 7:05am On Jan 25, 2013
free13: I thought it was only in naija that police officers arrest goats. grin grin

Not so FAST!

It is THE OWNER OF THE GOAT that was issued with the Fine ...which "He" refused to pay and was then hurled before a Judge!

In Naija's case, the "Foolice" actually arrested the Goat and detained it, awaiting prosecution (But left the owner out of it).

Lastpage!

BTW; I once warned my neighbor: If your Goat eats my Flowers, you will have to pay for it ...or else, l eat your Goat (to recover my Flowers) as well. wink wink
This good neighbor has a habit of unleashing his herd of Goats on the neighborhood every evening, not caring where they went, whose food/flowers they ate or on whose lawn they defecate! angry angry
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by blackbeau1(f): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
What is it with criminal goats?
Re: Court Drops Case Against Goat In Australia by debbyblaze: 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Rexsul: Wot wuld they av done 2 d goat if he lost d case undecidedWot wuld they av done 2 d goat if he lost d case

lol sentence it to jail with hard labour... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Scammed. / Buratai And The Art Of Patriotism By David Onmeje / How The Game(internet Scam)almost Ruined My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.