Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head (2340 Views)

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / How I Was Scammed By A Babalawo And A Pastor / Woman Poisoned Herself Due To Spouse Infidelity;family Wants His Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
When my friend was little(age cool his dad took him to a herbalist, the herbalist made some incantations, used blade to cut a part of his head, made incantaions again and then removed/evoked some cowries from his head. Now he is older(18 years) and he remembered the incident, asked his dad to explain the meaning of what the herbalist did, his dad has refused to comment on it. What exactly did the whole process mean?

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
JamessssO: When my friend was little(age cool, his dad took him to a herbalist, the herbalist made some incantations, used blade to cut a part of his head, made incantaions again and then removed/evoked some cowries from his head. Now he is older(18 years) and he remembered the incident, asked his dad to explain the meaning of what the herbalist did, his dad has refused to comment on it. What exactly did the whole process mean?

i guess he's gonna be poor for life... ayahh...
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Do you know anyone with similar experience?
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
not exactly....but such thing being removed frm d head.. haba! dats his fortunes. Maybe it was transfered.
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by sholay2011(m): 12:00am On Jan 24, 2013
Should this be in the Family section or Spiritual...em sorry...religious section?

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by tpia5: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2013
He needs to forsake idolatry and familial demons and ask Jesus Christ into his life.

2 Likes

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by slimyem: 8:32am On Jan 24, 2013
The lies of the devil.....!
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by feminineA: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2013
Tell him to go for deliverance in a bible believing church because that singular wickedness can destroy his destiny

2 Likes

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
tpia@:
He needs to forsake idolatry and familial demons and ask Jesus Christ into his life.
He is a Child of God. He told me he still wanted to know the reason behind that ritual or whatever it meant.
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by baby124: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
I ask myself, what will nollywood do in this situation.

Now, let us analyse this logically.

What do cowries represent in the African context? Wealth or money right

If someone took you somewhere and your wealth was removed, what does that mean? i guess a wrethched life.

In Nollywood interpretation, i will say the father obviously took the son to remove his wealth and make it his. Who knows if the son had a bright destiny and he (the father) didnt. I know Yoruba's used to check the future of their kids when they are born.

My advise: go to a religious leader you trust and who you are certain is not a fraud. Then tell him everything that you said here. After that pray ceaselessly that whatever has been taken will be restored. If the religious leader tells you to kill your parents, please flee. No matter what has been taken, God can restore. Dont take matters into your own hands or confront anyone wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
baby_123: I ask myself, what will nollywood do in this situation.

Now, let us analyse this logically.

What do cowries represent in the African context? Wealth or money right

If someone took you somewhere and your wealth was removed, what does that mean? i guess a wrethched life.

In Nollywood interpretation, i will say the father obviously took the son to remove his wealth and make it his. Who knows if the son had a bright destiny and he (the father) didnt. I know Yoruba's used to check the future of their kids when they are born.

My advise: go to a religious leader you trust and who you are certain is not a fraud. Then tell him everything that you said here. After that pray ceaselessly that whatever has been taken will be restored. If the religious leader tells you to kill your parents, please flee. No matter what has been taken, God can restore. Dont take matters into your own hands or confront anyone wrongly.

Wow, thanks for the analysis. He said he has already prayed about it and that the father confessed that he did it because he was a very stubborn boy so he had to take him to the babalawo for the babalawo to remove whatever evil that is in his head/brain. And that it is the evil people that planted the cowries in his head. Do you think he is lying?

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
feminine A: Tell him to go for deliverance in a bible believing church because that singular wickedness can destroy his destiny

Yes, he is planning to, but what does the whole ritual mean?
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
feminine A: Tell him to go for deliverance in a bible believing church because that singular wickedness can destroy his destiny
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by JamessssO(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by EfemenaXY: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2013
^^ Your / his best bet will be to ask the herbalist / juju doctor what the purpose of that ceremony was for. Even if he's late, he should have an apprentice he's trained to take over.

I for one am curious to know the significance of the ritual. We as a nation are blessed with such a diverse and rich culture (which many nations envy) and it's a shame that we stand to lose many of these age-old practices and knowledge from lack of proper documentation.

1 Like

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by deeptesting(m): 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please tell your friend to move on with his life,what his father and the Juju priest did have no implication on his life except he decides not to take responsibility for his life and wants to put the blame of his failures on the shoulder of his Father and the Babalawo..

2 Likes

Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by itstpia1: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
lord have mercy.

people need Jesus thats for sure.
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by bennyrazz: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
your friend needs to get his father to talk shekena. Pastors can only do little but will do much when they know the root of the problem
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by Haywhymido(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
not exactly....but such thing being removed frm d head.. haba! dats his fortunes. Maybe it was transfered.
obviously transfered to his father. Wicked father
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by itstpia1: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Na wa.
Re: Babalawo Removed Cowries From His Head by itstpia1: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2014

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? / Raising Business-savvy Kids / Why Do Men Go Unpunished For The Same Crime Women Gets Purnished For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.