Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) (1663 Views)

PHOTOS: Check Out Top 12 Embarrassing Things That Happened In 2013 / Top 12 Embarrassing Things That Happened In 2013 / What Will You Do If Given 100 Million Naira To Spend Within A Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Ternalange(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2013
First of all, Nairaland is interesting as it can get, but we all know there is enough room for improvement apart from not listening to how Tonto Dikeh didn't flush or how Cossy cannot cook, some of these would make Nairaland really interesting (at least for a week):

Users revolt: This happens to most wonderful sites. Even though it would be quite difficult on Nairaland considering the Nairaland's moderators (police, judge and executors). Come to think of if. For example, Seun smokes too much port and decides that charging users on use Nairaland would be cool, now that's a movie I'd like to watch.

Celebrity on Nairaland: Would it not be cool if we had celebrities on Nairaland? Like Don Jazzy, Wizkid e.t.c. Interacting with their fans. Say Don Jazzy decides to tweet that he would be on Nairaland tomorrow answering any question you could have. Seun, that's an idea and yes, you are welcome.

Democracy: Yes, imagine the day when user's get to decide on what stays on the front page and what leaves. Like social bookmarking sites. Digg.com, Reddit.com e.t.c. Honestly some front page thread gets you thinking. Is this mod phriging retarded or what?

Re-brand: I have been on Nairaland for a while now and this is the same design since i have known this wonderful site. No offence but Nairaland looks like a site desingned if 1997. Like new design, new logo. I know its the content that is keeping Nairaland but it wouldn't hurt to get a better looking site. Would it?

Takeover: It wouldn't be such a bad idea if some really rich company decides to buy Nairaland. That would be nice. New features/design for the users and Seun smiles to the bank. Win-win

Celebrity Silence: Not hearing about Tonto Dikeh, Cossy, Yvonne Nelson, Wizkid e.t.c for a month. Yes, i know that is impossible. That would really be swell. Moderators please arrange a meeting and see what can be done about this.

Football Silence: I wonder why every match that is played is always on Nairaland's Frontpage. Is this livescore or what?

Armageddon: Nairaland goes offline for a week. A little chaos never hurt anybody. Imagine you log on to nairaland one day and no-thread, not a single thread. And we find Seun apologizing that his database was corrupted or a virus attacked his servers or whatever. Some people would die, like literally die.

Banning of Bans: This would make Nairaland 10/10 crafny (That, crazy and funny). With this amount of Moderator's on Nairaland. Nairaland is still crazy and funny, just imagine what would happen is there was no censorship. It might get ugly, but it would still be interesting.

This thread makes front page: This is not going to be really interesting. This is here for two reason: 1). Its cheap pandering to get me to the front page and 2). i have run out of things to say. So what do you think would make Nairaland really interesting?
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by ijebabe: 11:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Lol! Nice one but you have to bribe me to recommend for front page grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Ternalange(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2013
What's ur price?
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Afam4eva(m): 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ternalange:
Celebrity on Nairaland: Would it not be cool if we had celebrities on Nairaland? Like Don Jazzy, Wizkid e.t.c. Interacting with their fans. Say Don Jazzy decides to tweet that he would be on Nairaland tomorrow answering any question you could have. Seun, that's an idea and yes, you are welcome.
This is a good idea.

Ternalange:
Democracy: Yes, imagine the day when user's get to decide on what stays on the front page and what leaves. Like social bookmarking sites. Digg.com, Reddit.com e.t.c. Honestly some front page thread gets you thinking. Is this mod phriging retarded or what?
This used to be the case in the earlier years of nairaland when making the frontpage was judged by the threads with the most posts, Basically trending threads get to make the frontpage. But these days, any thread the MODS think will be interesting make the FP.

Ternalange:
Re-brand: I have been on Nairaland for a while now and this is the same design since i have known this wonderful site. No offence but Nairaland looks like a site desingned if 1997. Like new design, new logo. I know its the content that is keeping Nairaland but it wouldn't hurt to get a better looking site. Would it?
Nairaland has not always looked like this. It used to look like the default SMF theme but this particular design was designed ti improve user experience. Nairaland is more mobile friendly, fast and easy to access.

Ternalange:
Takeover: It wouldn't be such a bad idea if some really rich company decides to buy Nairaland. That would be nice. New features/design for the users and Seun smiles to the bank. Win-win
A company once offered to buy nairaland for $1 million and the owner refused.
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by ijebabe: 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ternalange: What's ur price?
A cool, original thread from you 3 times a month in this section.
Let me know..
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by ijebabe: 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
This is a good idea.

This used to be the case in the earlier years of nairaland when making the frontpage was judged by the threads with the most posts, Basically trending threads get to make the frontpage. But these days, any thread the MODS think will be interesting make the FP.

Nairaland has not always looked like this. It used to look like the default SMF theme but this particular design was designed ti improve user experience. Nairaland is more mobile friendly, fast and easy to access.

A company once offered to buy nairaland for $1 million and the owner refused.
The celeb point had already been raised. Im working on it smiley
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
This is gonna get interesting soon
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Ternalange(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
The part were its SMF, fast, mobile frndly i understand. But the part where new features have not bin added i do not undastand. Sms integration, social network integration and a litle experimenting would be nice. What do i know? Nairaland is doing great as it is
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva: A company once offered to buy nairaland for $1 million and the owner refused.
Really? Wow! Which company? Maybe the reason I didn't take the mouth-watering offer was because nobody told me about it. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
Seun:
Really? Wow! Which company? Maybe the reason I didn't take the mouth-watering offer was because nobody told me about it. angry
Chai, so you mean Afam wanted to ......... behind your back?
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
Seun:

Manny's Corporation... grin grin grin grin

You said you wouldn't sell, isn't that you claimed? grin grin grin
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Ternalange(m): 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
@Seun, c'mon. Smaller sites have been bought for more than $1 million dollars. I would value nairaland at $500 million. Take it or leave it
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

Manny's Corporation... grin grin grin grin

You said you wouldn't sell, isn't that you claimed? grin grin grin
This is getting interesting
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Seun:
lol grin...ohh you didn't hear about it?
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ternalange: @Seun, c'mon. Smaller sites have been bought for more than $1 million dollars. I would value nairaland at $500 million. Take it or leave it

@ how much? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Smaller sites in Nigeria or Overseas? How do you do your own valuation sef? Abeg enlighten me... You will even over value more than Twitter, Groupon, et al of them sef...$500miilion ($$$), not even Naira, it's $$$... Keep dreaming. Let me know when you wake up.

1 Like

Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
This is getting interesting

Yes o, Seun never opened his doors... grin grin grin

If he's still interested, our offer still stands... grin grin grin grin
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

Nna, who's our?
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nna, who's our?

The consortium I represent.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

I smell fraud at work here
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
I smell fraud at work here

What kind of fraud?

Believe me, I'm far from fraud, I hold a U.S. credential (I won't say which one), I won't loose it for a fu.c.king fraudulent activity.. grin grin grin grin

Btw, please this isn't about me, it's about NL being an interesting place... grin grin grin
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

The consortium I represent.... grin grin grin grin
Ole!!!!!
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

What kind of fraud?

Believe me, I'm far from fraud, I hold a U.S. credential (I won't say which one), I won't loose it for a fu.c.king fraudulent activity.. grin grin grin grin

Btw, please this isn't about me, it's about NL being an interesting place... grin grin grin
Erm... Seun over to you
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Ole!!!!!

Have you ever seen the movie "The social network"? How am I a thief? NL has potentials but Seun doesn't wanna explore them, so if a consortium buys him out and develop it, how is that thievery?

Haha, I've been joking o, yall shouldn't take it serious abeg...
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
I can't remember the name of the company that came calling. They also owned Kalahari.
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva: I can't remember the name of the company that came calling. They also owned Kalahari.

Hmm, well.. I guess they weren't serious or Seun is just playing games... undecided undecided undecided undecided

Well, research their parent company's name... That's a good start.
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
I believe NL is worth more than a million dollars jorh
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mynd_44: I believe NL is worth more than a million dollars jorh

Well, it's one thing to be worth $100million and it's another for people to actually wanna buy it that amount. Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, even Yahoo are testament of this fact. That a house worth $1million (book value) doesn't mean that when it goes on the market (market value), that's what it will be sold at.
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

Well, it's one thing to be worth $100million and it's another for people to actually wanna buy it that amount. Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, even Yahoo are testament of this fact. That a house worth $1million (book value) doesn't mean that when it goes on the market (market value), that's what it will be sold at.
well my point is that if I was Seun, I would turn it down too
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by manny4life(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
well my point is that if I was Seun, I would turn it down too

Oh ok... grin grin grin

To me, imo Seun doesn't wanna loose this priceless possession of his(I wouldn't either), not that he doesn't want to sell.
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Mynd44: 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

Oh ok... grin grin grin

To me, imo Seun doesn't wanna loose this priceless possession of his(I wouldn't either), not that he doesn't want to sell.
Well same thing
Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
If seun sells, I'll leave.

He is the only one that can make Nairaland, Nairaland.

Anyone buying from him won't value his time and dedication to this site, nor what he has gone through to get here. To them, money answereth all things.

I'll rather he keeps his company and hand it over to his son, when he does have one willing to step into his shoes.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Would Make Nairaland Interesting (for At Least A Week) by ijebabe: 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hmm, nice post bur the word 'sons' is what stood out. That would Seun....you know..
Nice post btw tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pan-atlantic University & Afrinolly Courses In Filmmaking Screenwriting & Acting / VIDEO: Chris Brown & Wizkid Together On Stage / Check Out Photos Of Nigerian Comedians Chilling With Their Wives!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.