Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal (557 Views)

Neymar VS Hazard / 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal / New Age Chelsea Fans An Absolute Disgrace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by olabiz2010: 9:30am On Jan 24, 2013
The Belgium international was shown a red card after kicking a ball boy in Chelsea's Capital One Cup clash with Swansea, sparking debate throughout the game

Eden Hazard found himself making headlines for all the wrong reasons on Wednesday night as he was dismissed in Chelsea's Capital One Cup clash with Swansea on Wednesday night.
The Belgian was sent off after clashing with a ball boy in an incident where he appeared to kick the teenager as he refused to return the ball to the pitch quickly, with the Blues chasing the game.

Needless to say, the footballing world exploded and Goal.com has taken a look at what Hazard's fellow professionals thought of the incident...

What have I just witnessed?! A ball,a ball boy,a player + a red card..u would never have imagined all that could go together in 1 sentence!"
Rio Ferdinand simply cannot comprehend the comprehension, never mind the event.

"Hazard sent off! Ballboy should have seen the 'hazard' coming!"
Gaizka Mendieta is quick on the draw to get the most obvious pun in there before most.

":O!!!! AM I SEEING THIS? A RED CARD?? LMAOOO NAAA i have never seen anything like this before in my life!!!"
Nathan Redmond reacts in a dignified and calm fashion.

"Unbelievable Jeff *kammy voice* hahahaha"
Impressions corner with Tom Huddlestone.

"If the ball boy gives the ball straight back and does his job properly that doesn't happen !"
Robbie Savage gives the youngster a telling off. He does have the hair to be a mother...

"I'm not saying Hazard isn't in the wrong but I hate to see a person who instigates a situation then cry foul for next to nothing."
Charismatic as ever from Michael Owen.

"Unbelievable decision by the referee to send Hazard off but congrats to Swansea. Who'd have predicted this final?! "
Gareth Bale sides with the player, and actually decides to talk about the football, sort of.

"I'm still laughing! He actually smothered the ball like a goalie, great handling in tough conditions! Hazard lost his head! Can't do that!!"
Sone Aluko is tickled pink by the whole thing.

"From underneath the lad who was lying on the ball wasting time!! I'm sorry that he caught the lad!!if u play with fire you might get burnt!"
A damning verdict from Noel Hunt.

"Rafa Benitez will need to be careful here on interview re Hazard. These incidents have a habit of growing arms and legs. Nip it in the bud!"
They've already grown, Gary Neville!

"In hazards defence i dont think he meant to kick the ball boy! i think he was just trying to get the ball from underneath the boy!"
Stating the obvious from Andros Townsend.

"Ballboys staying down injured... They'll be elbowing players off the ball next"
Robert Huth is relishing his next physical encounter.

"I'm not saying its the correct thing 2 do but when in the heat of the moment u just want the ball"
Desperation for having the ball often leads to kicks to the ribs, says Steven Pienaar.

"He never kicked him! He went to get the ball as I'm sure any other person in that situation would do the same thing"
He's a mighty fine player, but we're not sure if Luke Shaw's eyes are working.

"That kid will be on Celebrity Big Brother next year!!"
Careers' advisor extraordinaire Steven Reid chips in.

"Game has well and truly gone..... #absolute joke #unbelievable #edenhazard"
Fury leads to bonus hashtags from Tom Ince.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2920/league-cup/2013/01/23/3695900/what-an-absolute-joke-football-reacts-to-hazards-dismissal

For those that watched the match, how do you think you will react if you are in Hazard's postion. As for me, I will go with Owen comment.
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by olabiz2010: 9:40am On Jan 24, 2013
I'm not saying its the best thing to do for Hazard but the ball boy was very lucky not to cover ball for Joey Barton, Ibrahimovic, Pepe or Baloteli.... grin grin grin
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by olabiz2010: 9:41am On Jan 24, 2013
I'm not saying its the best thing to do for Hazard but the ball boy was very lucky not to cover ball for Joey Barton, Ibrahimovic, Pepe or Baloteli....lol
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by dopeJemi: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2013
its simpLe, just stand der and Look at d boy and Make it obvious 2 every1 dat Hez wasting Time and Den he'lL be punished

Nau derz LittLe proof dat d boy was trynna waste time cuz he mite say hazard pushed him n he felL on d balL mistakenLy and cudnt rolL over cuz of d pain he was feeLing which I doubt anyway

Hazard shud av calLed d ref's attention, its not Like d few seconds d boy was trynna waste wud av earned dem a goaL or sumfin. D ref wud say nau dat he didn't notice d boy trynna waste time buh noticed hazard kicking d boy. I feeL sorry 4 hazard dou
sad
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2013
Where can i see the video?
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by olabiz2010: 11:40am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by goddyjay(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
Harzard messed up! For his player of quality, he shouldn't have done that. When arsenal played reading in the caputal one cup, and the fans were keeping the ball the referee added 5 extra minute, to me he should have stood over the boy till the ref realises it and I'm sure the ref would have added to their time! Now he's messed up! I hope he goes free cos for a belgian to hit a british is a very sad thing........ In wales for that matter! I'm sowie for harzard sha ooo........
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by RuuDie(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
Absolutely no excuse for hazard to do that... Its no different from cantona's infamous flying drop-kick or zeezou's headbutt.

A pro sportsman has to try and keep his cool and put up good behavior at all times, hard as it may be, they just have to. How would he feel if that was his kid!!?
Re: 'what An Absolute Joke!' - Football Reacts To Hazard's Dismissal by dyabman(m): 4:40am On Jan 25, 2013
^^^^ but he wasn't his kid grin

(1) (Reply)

Luiz Henrique To Suceed Tito Vilanova As Barca Coach / Tottenham Sack Manager Andre Villas-boas / Complete Club-by-club Guide To The 2014 Transfer Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.