Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,580 members, 7,840,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Contemporary Blunders "It's And Is" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Contemporary Blunders "It's And Is" (500 Views)

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share / Which Of These Grammatical Blunders Are You Guilty of ? / 15 Hillarious Grammatical Blunders Ever Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contemporary Blunders "It's And Is" by kaleidoscope: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2013
No Castigation's intended but the recent trend of Nigerians frequently replacing the word "It's" with "Is" has got me thinking as to when and how this all started...

Just got to notice this and found out too that it has spread like wild fire.....

SMH
Re: Contemporary Blunders "It's And Is" by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
I'm and Am, Being and been
Re: Contemporary Blunders "It's And Is" by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
kaleidoscope:
No Castigation's intended but the recent trend of Nigerians frequently replacing the word "It's" with "Is" has got me thinking as to when and how this all started...

Just got to notice this and found out too that it has spread like wild fire.....

SMH
Nigerians? In justin Beiber's UP...he said...Its a big, big world, ''Is'' easy to get lost in it (I may be wrong o, buh that's wat I heard. lol)
Re: Contemporary Blunders "It's And Is" by kaleidoscope: 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Bolushalom: Nigerians? In justin Beiber's UP...he said...Its a big, big world, ''Is'' easy to get lost in it (I may be wrong o, buh that's wat I heard. lol)

Well I just had to google up the lyrics and I found out that he used the word "It's" not "Is" so I think you got it wrong... Anyway, I got to find out that most people are now into the use of "Is" in place of "its" and it kinda gets me irritated... just need to get used to it quickly....

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Oye-ekiti Approved Academic Calendar For 2012/2013 Academic S / Out Of 5,497, 10 AAUA Bagged First Class ONLY / Confronting The Menace Of Exams Malpractises.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.