Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia (7975 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Kelechi Iheanacho Starts On Bench Against West Brom / Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Ptimes: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, is not likely to start when the Eagles confront the Chipolopolo of Zambia in their second match of the African Cup of Nations, AFCON 2013.

An official of the team told PREMIUM TIMES at the Eagles base in Nelspruit that Kenneth Omeruo is likely to be paired with Godffrey Oboabona in the central defense.

The decision of the Eagles technical team to bench the team captain may not be unassociated with his woeful performance in Nigeria’s first match against Burkina Faso.

http://premiumtimesng.com/sports/117075-breaking-news-yobo-to-sit-on-bench-against-zambia.html
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by mployer(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
The wish of many Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
m-ployer:
The wish of many Nigerians
yeah,d wish of many Nigerians.
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by executinal(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Enyeama to captain abi na Mikel

1 Like

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by bunmioguns(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
I love this
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by abdulkayus(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
hmmmm, ok oooo. Hope its a good decision sha
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by sexysunnyb(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
Na Sunday Oliseh go captain
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by izenco2005(m): 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
Bobo or no yobo nigeria must win, believe click like

9 Likes

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Welder(m): 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
I dont believe this.
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by demana: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
Enyeama
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Pejapaul: 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
We miss osaze

3 Likes

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by demana: 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
Predictions are on,do chk ma post if u wanna predict....u stand a chance to win
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Jarus(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Candidly, I'm still not comfortable with a defence without Yobo.

One, in the past, Yobo has saved us in critical situations, which his headers, pushing forward. One, an equalizer; the other, a hard-fought lone goal victory that proved critical. Can't recall again but I think it's against all these Rwandas, Malawis. The guy can score

Two, he may have fumbled against Burkina Faso and in a couple of other matches, I still think we cannot discount his experience in big games

Three, leaving our defence in the hands of practically inexperienced Oboabona and Omeruo is risky. For a big game like this for that matter.

4 Likes

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by sexysunnyb(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
atleast if Sunday Oliseh captain us then we go reach semi final and third place is sure for us than Nothing
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by stagger: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Opeee o!

So Stephen Keshi has the sense in dropping that mistake-in-waiting captain!
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Blueeyedboi(m): 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
One of the few players that made the squad list purely based on sentiments rather than current form...he's grossly over-rated,past his prime en has absolutely nothing to offer to that defence apart from loads of mistakes en lack of confidence...

2 Likes

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by gsmcoder: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Welder: I dont believe this.

Am believer, I believe.
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by RichDad1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Good riddance. Mtsheww
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
stagger: Opeee o!

So Stephen Keshi has the sense in dropping that mistake-in-waiting captain!

Carefully noting everyone happy about this news.

I am waiting to see any of you complain incase anything happens to the defence.

Hopefully Ogboabona and Omerue will perform well as 5 and 6.

Onatzi as 2? hmmm God dey sha. lipsrsealed
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Freiburger(m): 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
Not a bad decision.

1 Like

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by timilehin007(m): 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nice call, as much as we had longed for, he has no part to play in that team again

1 Like

Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by mascot87(m): 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
I stand on the fence on this
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Clemzy16(m): 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
For some reasons i think this is a step in the right direction. Yobo has never been a team captain to me; and he made alot of flops in our first game against burkina faso..
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
Is he injured? If not, his experience is highly needed. Yes, he exhibited a poor leadership command againt B/Faso, yet, he's still needed in the 1st team even if Nigerian football fans don't want him.
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Echiejile and Musa should clean the bench for him.
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by boron10(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nice call from Keshi. He should also remember to start Moses cos we don't need a supersub. I want us to kill the game before 2nd half. So help us God. cool
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by kheart(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
That o..l..d man shld be sittin wit our technical crew nt on d bench .
Re: Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia by Jazzgreen(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Pejapaul: We miss osaze
we really miss him,who said he is nothin, at least he could hav been our hope now. Wit his commitment, and hardwork.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did You Celebrate Nigeria's Qualification To The Round Of 16 / Bendel Insurance, El-Kanemi Warriors, Bayelsa United Return To NPFL / Free Football Betting Ebook Strategy That Helped Me Last Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.