Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion (13546 Views)

[PHOTO] Muslim Couple Found The Name Of ALLAH Embossed On The Side Of Egg / Muslim Faithfuls Donate Blood To Christian Hospital On Ashura / Questions that make me view islam with suspicion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by ShiaLagos1: 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2013

Rehab Amer & Husband Ahmed
"Innocent - But No Kids"

Insult to injury: Christian adoptive-mom says - "They should be thankful."

After years of court battles, frustration with Child Protective Services and lengthy and complicated procedures - The Amer family - both mother and father are in tears!

Why? How could they be sad? After all, they were FOUND INNOCENT of any wrong doing.

According to Judge Edward Thomas the presiding judge, as he read the new death certificate of their baby boy, Samir Amer, both parents were completely innocent, and in no way responsible for the death of their son.

So why are they still so upset? Why are they in tears?

Oh, maybe because the court who finds them innocent after all, still would not return their three children.

This story is an old one - (or is it?) Could this happen even today (huh?).

Read (and think about this in today's world):

Wayne County Minnesota - Rehab Amer was found innocent of responsibility for death of her 2 year old son (1985). But too late - her children must remain as Christians with adoptive family.

This story really happened - It took place a few years ago, but it is still very real in the hearts and minds of those who had to suffer through it, and are still suffering today.

Associated Press --

INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP -- The evangelical Christian adoptive mother of a Muslim couple's three children says birth parents should be glad of the upbringing she gave the children, who were removed after the suspicious death of a sibling.

On Tuesday, a judge cleared the birth mother, an immigrant from Lebanon living in Dearborn, of responsibility for her 2-year-old son's 1985 death. The death led Michigan authorities to give her three young children for adoption.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Edward Thomas in Detroit ordered that the death certificate for Samier Amer be changed to say that his death was an accident, not a homicide, after evidence that the boy had brittle bone disease.

The ruling came after the county settled a lawsuit brought by birth parents Rehab and Ahmed Amer.

The children now are 22, 21 and 18. The Amers say the children were trained to be Christian missionaries and to believe that Muslims cannot enter heaven because they do not believe that Jesus is God.

Willard and Essie Stamper, who live in Oakland County northwest of Pontiac, say they raised the three and their five birth children as strong Christians and got them involved in Faith Tabernacle Church in Burton.

"You can't believe what we've been through for 16 years," Essie Stamper, 68, told The Flint Journal. The birth parents "should be glad for the life (the children have) had," she said. "They're loved by their family and by their church."

A jury found Rehab Amer not guilty of second-degree murder, but Michigan's welfare department refused to return the surviving children to their parents. The Stampers adopted them in 1990.

Essie Stamper called the case a tragedy and said she felt sorry for the Amers.

But she said she could not solve their legal problems: "I did the next best thing -- I raised the children."

She said she has been accused of brainwashing the children, and commented: "When you adopt the child, they are yours."

The 22-year-old, who was named Mohammed Ali at birth and later renamed Adam, lives in Minnesota after attending Bible College in Texas. The 21-year-old twin sister of Samier, who was named Sueheir and renamed Suzanne, is a receptionist living in Flint.
The 18-year-old, born Zinabe and renamed Rochelle, lives with her [Christian foster parents] in Independence Township and is a high school senior.

Stamper said the children hardly had an adversarial relationship with their birth parents.

She said she introduced the youngsters to their parents when they asked and the courts allowed it and even prodded the younger two into meeting their birth parents despite the kids' reluctance.

"I let (the Amers) come right to my house, into my living room," Stamper said. "All of these years, we've tried to work with them."

Over time, though, the relationship became strained, Stamper said. She said the Amers never accepted the fact that the Stampers were the youngsters' parents or that the children were, in fact, no longer even children.

"They're grown. They make their own decisions," says Ms. Stamper.

http://www.islamnewsroom.com/news-we-need/359#.UQIwWXO4vTk
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Stalwert: 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
This story is quite pathetic indeed!
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by BetaThings: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2013
ShiaLagos1:
The children now are 22, 21 and 18. The Amers say the children were trained to be Christian missionaries and to believe that Muslims cannot enter heaven because they do not believe that Jesus is God.

Willard and Essie Stamper, who live in Oakland County northwest of Pontiac, say they raised the three and their five birth children as strong Christians and got them involved in Faith Tabernacle Church in Burton.

"You can't believe what we've been through for 16 years," Essie Stamper, 68, told The Flint Journal. The birth parents "should be glad for the life (the children have) had," she said. "They're loved by their family and by their church."

"I let (the Amers) come right to my house, into my living room," Stamper said. "All of these years, we've tried to work with them."

Over time, though, the relationship became strained, Stamper said. She said the Amers never accepted the fact that the Stampers were the youngsters' parents or that the children were, in fact, no longer even children.

"They're grown. They make their own decisions," says Ms. Stamper.

Based on mere suspicion, people are deprived of their right as parents
The only adoptive parents they could find were those likely to put hatred of their parents religion in their minds

Some issues
This people never gave up the children up for adoption
They were under suspicion because their child died due to an ailment. This is enough jeopardy
Then 3 other children are taken from them. A woman labours to carry a baby for 9 months, the baby dies because of ill health and the a total stranger steps in and takes away the remaining 3 (THREE) children

says "what we have been through". Really?
how? were you forced to adopt?

what about the person who gave birth to the children? They could not have access, they were under suspicion for homicide while mourning!
People are really very very selfish!
The adoptive parent knew the biological parents were alive and were working to clear their name and then decided to adopt the children and turn them against the religion of the biological parents
She spared no thought for the family - what could happen if the parents were later found innocent!
Or perhaps to avoid the parents having a normal relationship (if the parents are found innocent) with children, this peculiar adoptive re-orientation process was engineered
For the parents to end their old life in misery!!!
She believes adopting all the 3 children from one family in a manner that estranges the parents from the children is commendable
The parents should be thankful that their children are now practising a religion that the parents believe will not lead the children to Jannah!!!

These loving Christians parents would never accept this if the story had happened in reverse
At least they would not be thanking the people who contrived to deprive them of being comforted (for the loss of that child) through the reunion of the other children
If this happened to a christian from the West living in a muslim country, it would be on CNN for months

23 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by vedaxcool(m): 11:41am On Feb 04, 2013
Front page please!
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by iamswizz(m): 11:31am On Feb 13, 2013
so sad....#crying.

but it doesnt mean i wont have my breakfast...

1 Like

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 13, 2013
But why do this kind of topic make it to frontpage, tho? Anyway make I comot my body for battleground
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 13, 2013
The parents should be thankful because their children have been taught the true way of life.

16 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2013
This thread involves Christians and Muslims the i wonder why it's in the Islamic section.
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by superior1: 11:37am On Feb 13, 2013
It has nothing to do with the religion of the parties involved, if you have ever lived in Europe, you will know it can happen to any parent considered careless by social workers irrespective of their religion.

You guys need to stop putting religious sentiments into contemporary issues

15 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by zangality(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2013
This is so so pathetic...
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Onyenna(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2013
Huh....
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by gunuvi(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2013
This is really pathetic. They should allow the biological parents get their children back. Those adoptive parents are very wicked. This is really sad

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by BlackPeni5: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2013
I don't understand the point of the post...Is it wrong that the kids were given out for adoption or is it because they were adopted by christian parents.

Why didn't a muslim indicate interest in the adoption of the kids in the first place. Would they have preferred that their kids roamed the streets for the duration of the trial.

The kids are adults now, they should be able to decide for themselves what they want.

#Just saying

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2013
superior1: It has nothing to do with the religion of the parties involved, if you have ever lived in Europe, you will know it can happen to any parent considered careless by social workers irrespective of their religion.

You guys need to stop putting religious sentiments to contemporary issues
but nairaland bigots are turning it religious.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by touchmeder: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2013
Its such a shame because these children are no longer young. They are all adults now and are free to choose where they want to live, what religion to practise and whom they want to see. Its likely they will bond with what they have been brought up with. Such rotten luck for the biological parents, to live a life without having your child. lipsrsealed embarassed undecided lipsrsealed undecided embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by ezendiigbo1: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2013
Black Peni5: I don't understand the point of the post...Is it wrong that the kids were given out for adoption or is it because they were adopted by christian parents.

Why didn't a muslim indicate interest in the adoption of the kids in the first place.

The kids are adults now, they should be able to decide for themselves what they want.

#Just saying
Exactly!
They should indeed be greatful that the child has been exposed to good christian upbringing and 21st century civilization.
One less potential terrorist to worry about.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by touchmeder: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2013
eze ndi-igbo1:
Exactly!
They should indeed be greatful that the child has been exposed to good christian upbringing and 21st century civilization.
One less potential terrorist to worry about.

That is a sweeping statment yo...
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by vanstanzy(m): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2013
Suspicion of trying to raise terrorists in the future?
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by JMystique(m): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2013
This is not a religious issue,Child care services will take away ur own kids even for being jobless talkless of a murder suspicion.That's who should be blamed,the state put them up for adoption and the foster parents only applied and got those kids like all parents do.More importantly why did the case take that long for them to be declared innocent?I don't think there's any1 who wud take care of some kids 4 16yrs and later give them up to anybody,real parents or not.And lyk d foster mom said,they are not even kids anymore

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by vanstanzy(m): 11:51am On Feb 13, 2013
jammyng: The parents should be thankful because their children have been taught the true way of life.

Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2013
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by godman01(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2013
I guess the Children are old enough to decide.
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2013
Well who knows,they might have grown up to be terrorists,tnk heavens for them
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by ezendiigbo1: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2013
touchmeder:

That is a sweeping statment yo...
yes,i know.
They brought it on themselves.
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by vanstanzy(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2013

I strongly think this teaching is WRONG angry angry. One shouldn't teach children this..."who is fit for heaven and who isn't" besides some muslims do believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but just can't admit it openly for fear of being mobbed by their fellow muslims.
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Biggoozz: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Please desist from putting such sensitive topic on the front page. The purpose is simply to incite religious fights and divisions Muslims are entitled to their right of bringing up their child according to their beliefs, but digging up a story about foster parents that have raised their children to become successful adults while their real parents' innocence were yet to be proven and skewing the whole thing from the purview of religion is wrong and shouldn't even be discussed in the "Islam for muslims" section not to talk of on the home page. Whoever put up this story on homepage should remove it at once or should be ashamed of himself.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
some muslims do believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but just can't admit it openly for fear of being mobbed by their fellow muslims because they still want to be seen as good adherents. My friend said we could be condemning Muslims without knowing they've given their lives to Christ.
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by mikeell: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
BetaThings:

Based on mere suspicion, people are deprived of their right as parents
The only adoptive parents they could find were those likely to put hatred of their parents religion in their minds

Some issues
This people never gave up the children up for adoption
They were under suspicion because their child died due to an ailment. This is enough jeopardy
Then 3 other children are taken from them. A woman labours to carry a baby for 9 months, the baby dies because of ill health and the a total stranger steps in and takes away the remaining 3 (THREE) children

says "what we have been through". Really?
how? were you forced to adopt?

what about the person who gave birth to the children? They could not have access, they were under suspicion for homicide while mourning!
People are really very very selfish!
The adoptive parent knew the biological parents were alive and were working to clear their name and then decided to adopt the children and turn them against the religion of the biological parents
She spared no thought for the family - what could happen if the parents were later found innocent!
Or perhaps to avoid the parents having a normal relationship (if the parents are found innocent) with children, this peculiar adoptive re-orientation process was engineered
For the parents to end their old life in misery!!!
She believes adopting all the 3 children from one family in a manner that estranges the parents from the children is commendable
The parents should be thankful that their children are now practising a religion that the parents believe will not lead the children to Jannah!!!

These loving Christians parents would never accept this if the story had happened in reverse
At least they would not be thanking the people who contrived to deprive them of being comforted (for the loss of that child) through the reunion of the other children
If this happened to a christian from the West living in a muslim country, it would be on CNN for months

Christians or Muslims they are all human being the diff is belief
i belief that what actually make a family is not blood it is love
yes am a christian but i have Muslim friends and belief me the friends i have are reasonable
despite the fact that their beliefs differ from mine

so this can also happen happen to a christian in a Muslim country but the that christian will not
fight or die over it cause he will let love lead and one day not too far the children will understand what their paren5ts belief and if it is Gods will
they will Come to the faith.
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by ezendiigbo1: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy: The children now are 22, 21 and 18. The Amers say the children were trained to be Christian missionaries and to believe that Muslims cannot enter heaven because they do not believe that Jesus is God.

I strongly think this teaching is WRONG angry angry. One shouldn't teach children this..."who is fit for heaven and who isn't" besides some muslims do believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but just can't admit it openly for fear of being mobbed by their fellow muslims.
Go and read acts 4vs12.
Any christian that dosen't teach that christ is the only way to God is a charlatan and a hypocrite.
You either believe it or you don't.
It's unnegotiable.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by vanstanzy(m): 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
eze ndi-igbo1:
Go and read acts 4vs12.
Any christian that dosen't teach that christ is the only way to God is a charlatan and a hypocrite.
You either believe it or you don't.
It's unnegotiable.

As for "Who is fit and unfit", let God in His Immense Wisdom handle that. Just fight ur own good fight to make heaven. Simple!
But seriously, should parents be teaching their kids that? Its synonymous to teaching them "hate".
Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by ShiaLagos1: 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy: The children now are 22, 21 and 18. The Amers say the children were trained to be Christian missionaries and to believe that Muslims cannot enter heaven because they do not believe that Jesus is God.

Say: “He is Allah, the Unique.Allah, the Self-Sufficient.He does not give birth, nor was He born. And there is none equal to Him." (Holy Quran,Surat Al-Ikhlas)

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion by ezendiigbo1: 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy:

As for "Who is fit and unfit", let God in His Immense Wisdom handle that. Just fight ur own good fight to make heaven. Simple!
But seriously, should parents be teaching their kids that? Its synonymous to teaching them "hate".
This your belief system is not for true christistians,sorry.
It is for pacifists,agnostics,e.t.c.
Christians are commanded to 'drag' not only themselves,but others to heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Graphic 'Allah' Appears On Tree In Ibadan / The Significance Of Eid Ul Kabir / The Best Means Of Earning A Living.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.