Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget (2713 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. / 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by lyricalpontiff(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Choose From This List 10 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget:

1. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze.

2. Glamour Girls (1994) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi and Dolly Unachukwu.

3. Living In Bondage (1992) produced by Ken nnebue and directed by Chris Obi Rapu. Starring Kenneth okonkwo, Rita Nzelu, Kanayo Kanayo and Francis Agu.

4. Score to Settle (1998) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with other stars, Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.

5. Hostages (1996) by Tade Ogidan. Actors included Tope Idowu, Ofuafo Otomewo, Richard Mofe Damijo, Bimbo Manuel, Lanre Balogun, Tunji Sotimirin and Zainab Buky Ajayi.

6. Nneka The Pretty Serpent Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

7. Most Wanted (1996) Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji.

8. Diamond Ring (1998) by Tade Ogidan, featuring Shola Shobowale, Richard Mofe Damijo, Zainab Buki Ajayi and Teju Babyface.

9. Owo Blow (1995) directed by Tade Ogidan featuring Adewale Elesho, Femi Adebayo, Racheal Oniga, Bimbo Akintola, Taiwo Hassan

10. Sakobi produced by Zeb Ejiro starring Saint Obi, Susan Patrick, Tony Umez.

11. Oleku The movie is an adaptation of Akinwunmi Ishola’s book, Oleku. Staring Yemi Sodimu

12. Issakaba featuring Sam Dede

13. Violated directed by Amaka Igwe and stars acts like Richard Mofe Damijo.

14. Sharon Stone in Abuja (2003) Genevieve Nnaji with late Enebeli Elebuwa under directives from Adim Williams.

15. Osuofia in London (2003) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke.

16. Evil Men staring Pete Edochie

17. Aki na Ukwa (2003) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

18. After School Hours (1999)

19. Blood Money (1997) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede.

20. Igodo was directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie among others.
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by sholay2011(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
'Thunderbolt' by Mainframe starring Uche Obi-Osotule, Buky Ajayi, Lanre Balogun, Ngozi Nwosu( may God grant her good health)and directed by Tunde Kelani.

'Ti oluwa nile', 'Saworoide' and 'Koseegbe' all by Mainframe pictures. Those guys make sense!
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by eksbabe(f): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
Woooow Hostages comes 1st, then in no particular order Most Wanted, Domitila,Sakobi,Diamond ring,Isakaba,Owo blow, Oleku,saworoide nd yh Ti o lu wa nile I think "Eda" acted in it.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by chinosxl(m): 5:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
oracle needs to be on the list
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by Akuviv: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2013
Rattle snake, violated
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by danteweb: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
Oleku
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by firstcharles(m): 7:53am On Mar 07, 2013
moment of bitterness' faceses
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by Buike8: 12:35am On Apr 17, 2013
Ijele ought 2 b on dat list
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by electrokristron(m): 1:44am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by fharmah(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
[s][/s]hmmm avnt cum across most of dos movies mentioned .......... Most nigeria movies sims awful to me undecided
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by emperorlaqrin: 7:01am On May 17, 2020
Please how can I download or get that number five. Hostages. I have been searching to see that movie again anywone with a working link should please share
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by emperorlaqrin: 7:02am On May 17, 2020
sholay2011:
'Thunderbolt' by Mainframe starring Uche Obi-Osotule, Buky Ajayi, Lanre Balogun, Ngozi Nwosu( may God grant her good health)and directed by Tunde Kelani.

'Ti oluwa nile', 'Saworoide' and 'Koseegbe' all by Mainframe pictures. Those guys make sense!

All those movie never stand hostages
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by sholay2011(m): 7:29am On May 17, 2020
emperorlaqrin:

All those movie never stand hostages
I disagree
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by emperorlaqrin: 3:46pm On May 17, 2020
sholay2011:

I disagree

So which are of the movies listed above do you think beats hostages cos I have seen all
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by sholay2011(m): 3:57pm On May 17, 2020
emperorlaqrin:

So which are of the movies listed above do you think beats hostages cos I have seen all
All that I listed there. tongue

It's a matter of opinion though.
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by sparkyJ: 9:31pm On May 17, 2020
chinosxl:
oracle needs to be on the list
"Ogbakiri will fight its fight"..............Amaechi Monagor
Re: Nollywood Movies You Will Never Forget by dharwin: 11:05am On May 18, 2020
Pls kindly send me the film titled 'kon sho sibe ' to me. I was unable to find on YouTube. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

ELI5: How To Become A Scriptwriter / Old Nigerian Scary Movies (photos) / Squid Games: Which Of The Games Is The Easiest And Most Difficult? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.