Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

My Baby Girl Bed Wet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Girl Bed Wet (1984 Views)

She Still Bed Wet, At Age 24 / At What Age Did You Stop To Bed Wet? / How Do You Feel When You Bed Wet As An Adult? It Is A True Life Happening. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Girl Bed Wet by femib26(m): 11:16am On Mar 05, 2008
My baby girl is 5yrs she still bet wet, even during the day.
what can i do to stop her bed wetting hence forth.
Help!!!!!!!
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by amsky(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2008
Give her some time. You may want to try reducing her fluid intake. I did that for my 4yr old and he no longer bed wets. As from 6.00pm no more water, juice, hot choclate,

Secondly,make it a point of duty to wake her up at least once during the night to use the bathroom. If she pees before bed and she is taken out to pee,then bedwetting will be gratly controlled. Above all, pls do not make her feel bad about it. Just be patient with her.

I can imagine the stench fragrance of the bedroom. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by femib26(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
Thanks all. will try it.
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by efuah(f): 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2008
amsky said it all.
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by almondjoy(f): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2008
In addition to what posters have writtens here, take her to her pediatrician. She may need a consult with a urologist! To make sure she does not have a "kidney" problem.

Goodluck! kiss
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by bisibaby(f): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2008
almondjoy:

In addition to what posters have writtens here, take her to her pediatrician. She may need a consult with a urologist! To make sure she does not have a "kidney" problem.

Goodluck! kiss

ha ha almond oga fun e ohhhhhhhhh 5yrs old baby kidney problem

make una dey fear God ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

please @ poster make it a duty to always wake her up as my fellow nairalanders has just said

she will change when it masters her body

Take care
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by almondjoy(f): 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2008
bisibaby:

ha ha almond oga fun e ohhhhhhhhh 5yrs old baby kidney problem

make una dey fear God ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

please @ poster make it a duty to always wake her up as my fellow nairalanders has just said

she will change when it masters her body

Take care

Of course! It can be congenital and gone undiagnosed for years.  Don't forget the poster is in Nigeria.  Most renal impairment for fetuses can be diagnosed in utero via doppler ultrasound and prenatal ultrasounds.  In Nigeria, I am not sure what the deal is there. It is not a sexually transmitted disease, I typed kidney. . .renal function impairment. cheesy  How do you think people come down with renal failure.  If you have a renal infection from any dangerous organism. . . . .you can lose your bladder function too.  Not fun I say.  This is serious business.  It is not developmentally sound that a 5 year old should be incontinent.  To rule out all possibilities, it might be wise to see a Urulogist if any such thing exists in Nigeria. It might be a bladder/kidney infection.  It happens!

Some kids have a 2-vessel cord in the umbilcal cord, instead of 3 which is normal, can have renal impairments and have to be treated with some anti-biotics right from birth before it gets worse.  The kidneys and bladder are no where the vagina if that is what you are thinking. cheesy  I know that much!
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by TOYOSI20(f): 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2008
amsky:

Give her some time. You may want to try reducing her fluid intake. I did that for my 4yr old and he no longer bed wets. As from 6.00pm no more water, juice, hot choclate,

Secondly,make it a point of duty to wake her up at least once during the night to use the bathroom. If she pees before bed and she is taken out to pee,then bedwetting will be gratly controlled. Above all, please do not make her feel bad about it. Just be patient with her.

I can imagine the stench fragrance of the bedroom. grin grin grin

Well siad, I agree.
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by blacklion(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
ah don't think urologist is necessary at this stage - 5 yr old kid bedwetting is not that unusual. heck, we had guys bedwetting in my high school dorm. even in uni, some guys were bedwetting

@ poster, be patient with your daughter and do as recommended above especially no fluids after 6pm and midnight potty calls
Re: My Baby Girl Bed Wet by amsky(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ Poster

PLs i do not think kidney whatever comes in here. It's not out of place for a 5yr old to bed wet. People bed wet till 10 and they are perfectly normal. I do not advice taknig her for any kidney check,especially if you are in Nigeria. You may be unduly given a fright.

Just keep trying,you'll get there. Kidney issues may not come in here.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out ( Pregnant) / Large Percentage Of Nigerian Men Are 'marital Criminals' - Investigation / Help, My Father Wont Attend My Brother's Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.