Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Petrol Is Smelling In The Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Petrol Is Smelling In The Car (1256 Views)

Washing Automobile Mechanical Parts With Petrol; Is It Really Wrong? / Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by bobodele: 1:33am On Jan 26, 2013
Please I have a Nissan Quest 2006, Any time I put petrol into the car the smell keep smelling inside the car. I have tried everything. Early in the morning the smell is just getting too much. Please can someone advise
Thanks
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by Lexusgs430: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2013
bobodele: Please I have a Nissan Quest 2006, Any time I put petrol into the car the smell keep smelling inside the car. I have tried everything. Early in the morning the smell is just getting too much. Please can someone advise
Thanks

Will advise you to stop driving the car and throughly investigate source of leak !!!
NB: The petrol is probably going on PATROL thats its not suppose to !!!!
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by Elsafema: 11:23am On Jan 27, 2013
Check the cover of fuel pump
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by zeennurei(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2013
Have u recently visited mechanic and he works on ur fuel pump? if yes the problem may be from there may be he didn't tire and put the cover well
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
abeg no light cigarette inside your car ooo. Ur mech should check from the fuel pump to the fuel tank.
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by pautex: 11:54am On Jan 29, 2013
THANK GOD SAY NA PATROL NOT PETROL! ENJOY IT
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by elite(m): 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
bobodele: Please I have a Nissan Quest 2006, Any time I put petrol into the car the smell keep smelling inside the car. I have tried everything. Early in the morning the smell is just getting too much. Please can someone advise
Thanks
cry cry

pautex: THANK GOD SAY NA PATROL NOT PETROL! ENJOY IT
grin
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by bong4(m): 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
I have had similar problem in the past. After so much work by the mechanic i discovered it was leaking in the booth. So i had to change the tanlk and that was the end o the problem. So check if there is any leakage when you refill, either droppings in the booth.
Re: Petrol Is Smelling In The Car by bobodele: 3:42am On Feb 10, 2013
Thank you all for all your comments. I took it to the Mechanic, It was the rubber around the injector that was the problem. It was taking care off and now their is no more smell.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Might You Use This In Nigeria? / Photos: Volkswagen Next - Gen CC / Photos: Mercedes Benz S-class Vs Audi S8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.