Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? (6426 Views)

I'm A Victim Of Fake JAMB Runz - Help! / Olabisi Deji-Folutile: I Was Also A Victim Of Sexual Harassment In UNILAG / Pictures: Could This Be The Best Way Of Curbing Exam Malpractice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by JimloveTM(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2013
I need your honest opinion guys..

Back then In my university days, there was somethings i noticed. Someone who wont read for an exam will come to the hall begging you a scholar to please tell him some of your answers. Out of pity So that the person wont fail, you decide to tell him some and both of you get caught and brought before the exam panel for exam malpractice..

I usually feel pity especially for those ones who appear before the panel simply cuz they just wanted to help a course mate from not failing..

My question is...
Between the two, who should really face the panel?

What would u recommend for the answer giver to do in a case Where he gets threatened by the other to tell him answers?
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by Odunnu: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
Lol technically, both of them are wrong. If you have ever sat for a professional exam, you will know that its all about you. You cant afford to look/cut eyes at your neigbour, else you are out.

Talking about school exams, its difficult not to help even when its wrong not to help.

3 Likes

Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by Tolexander: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
yorubas do say agbepo loja nikan ko ni ole, eni ti ogbe ati eni ti o gbaa sile, ole niwon(he who steals a gallon of palm oil in the market is not only the thief but also the person that helped in keeping the stolen oil).
Not allowing the guy to have a cheat/peep on your answere sheet will only make him to realise that he needs preparing for his exam by swoting on his books. And if he failed the exam because you disallowed him/her, that is his/her problem cos that is the consequence of his action just as the wage of sin is death.

2 Likes

Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by iamswizz(m): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
I think the person who caught them should be blamed

4 Likes

Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by honeric01(m): 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
Both.

But why should someone who decided to party/have fun/ignore reading be expecting me that burnt candles with sleepless nights teach him/her what both of us are suppose to know? does it mean i do not like having fun/partying?

1 Like

Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by JimloveTM(m): 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2013
kk nyc comments.. I once wrote an exam in my secondary school where 2 guys obviously cultists sat by me.. I dint mind them, come see threats na, i had no choice but show, so hw do u survive not being a victim of malpractice in thus case?
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by honeric01(m): 8:33am On Jan 28, 2013
JimloveTM: kk nyc comments.. I once wrote an exam in my secondary school where 2 guys obviously cultists sat by me.. I dint mind them, come see threats na, i had no choice but show, so hw do u survive not being a victim of malpractice in thus case?

You ignore them or just give them random answers to whatever they are asking.
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by vin4ever(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by coalcoal1(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2013
JimloveTM: I need your honest opinion guys..

Back then In my university days, there was somethings i noticed. Someone who wont read for an exam will come to the hall begging you a scholar to please tell him some of your answers. Out of pity So that the person wont fail, you decide to tell him some and both of you get caught and brought before the exam panel for exam malpractice..

I usually feel pity especially for those ones who appear before the panel simply cuz they just wanted to help a course mate from not failing..

My question is...
Between the two, who should really face the panel?

What would u recommend for the answer giver to do in a case Where he gets threatened by the other to tell him answers?
Both
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by TeenageMoney(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Both... They say, When Oil touches one Finger, It affects the Rest....
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by willyo(m): 8:52am On Jan 28, 2013
they're all wrong. buh most especially the person who caught 'em should take the lion-share blame. why arraign someone who's helpless and needs help? won't we help a neighbour in need? is failure what we should accept? We should do everythin within our powers to cut dead this failure syndrome.
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by thaoriginator: 8:54am On Jan 28, 2013
Both
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by kandiikane(m): 8:58am On Jan 28, 2013
Obviously, both of you. What if the guy come say na you copy off am?
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by ezedolar: 8:58am On Jan 28, 2013
Both of them have commited an offence But the receiver should take more blame than the giver
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by 2legit2qwt: 8:58am On Jan 28, 2013
willyo: they're all wrong. buh most especially the person who caught 'em should take the lion-share blame. why arraign someone who's helpless and needs help? won't we help a neighbour in need? is failure what we should accept? We should do everythin within our powers to cut dead this failure syndrome.

Tell me this is a joke please undecided
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by olascoshow(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2013
Eeehn i Ŋ feel do ​A̶̲̥̅♏ o, exam what?
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by Funjosh(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2013
Both of them no exeption but it was what most of us do either on the giving or on the receiving end.

2 Likes

Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by olascoshow(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2013
Eeehn i Ŋ feel do ​A̶̲̥̅♏ o, exam what? I Ŋ feel put my hand fϑƦ lions mouth. Ϟα̲̅ both of dem deserve thε̲̣̣̣̥ punishment cos their A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ exam rules. ♈̷̴̩‎ђυ sabi now
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by streetdisciple: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2013
So far we din bring any illegal material into d hall we just communicating non verbally, codedly not disturbing any one, abeg invigilator mind ur bizwax,.... #TeamWork
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by hrmkz: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2013
Both are wrong!
But when those confirmed cult guys ask you questions in the exam hall, and your invigilator is looking at both of you....na btw lion and tiger b dat!
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by olascoshow(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Tell me this is a joke please undecided

Just on point i wondered you breaking rules that will cost your expulsion from school....ooopsss HELP
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by BANGASOUP1: 9:12am On Jan 28, 2013
any mod here pls tell mukuna2 to unbarn me frm the sports section plsssssssssssssssss am begging
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by executinal(m): 9:13am On Jan 28, 2013
Both should be punished because both committed the malpractice.

Best approach to exam malpractice is to leave your paper open for your friend to see and help himself.

I hate talking and righting at same time.
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by coolcharm(m): 9:13am On Jan 28, 2013
willyo: they're all wrong. buh most especially the person who caught 'em should take the lion-share blame. why arraign someone who's helpless and needs help? won't we help a neighbour in need? is failure what we should accept? We should do everythin within our powers to cut dead this failure syndrome.
heheee... This ur mentality na wa o! So cheating is now a legit way to tackle faliure? #ismelldanger
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by 2legit2qwt: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2013
executinal: Both should be punished because both committed the malpractice.

Best approach to exam malpractice is to leave your paper open for your friend to see and help himself.

Another joke right undecided
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by kaysy(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2013
It's the receiver that committed exam malpractise, the giver only committed exam helpractise, which is also subject to penalties anyway

1 Like

Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by freecocoa(f): 9:23am On Jan 28, 2013
Both of them are wrong yet sometimes the one on the giving end falls into trouble for refusing to help.

Some supervisors don't even care what happened, all they know is that you were caught looking at or talking to your neighbor\someone so its automatic malpractice, whereas you were telling the person to leave you alone.

So for this reason, I advice you tell the person the answer sharp sharp before you are seen arguing with him cos some of those olodo students will stop at nothing to achieve what they want, which is either to drag you down with them since they know say them go fail or to get you to help them.
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by freecocoa(f): 9:29am On Jan 28, 2013
executinal: Both should be punished because both committed the malpractice.

This approach is good too, atleast if he's gonna get caught copying then he will be on his own, this method can also get you in trouble if na sadist dey invigilate una as he will say you left it open for the receiver to copy on purpose grin.

I remember a time I used to collect the receiver's paper and write for her before continuing my own just so that I'll be able to write in peace, its a bad thing to seat with an ITI for exam my brother undecided.
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by yuzedo: 9:31am On Jan 28, 2013
Na lie! No be out of pity, na out of fear! angry

Cultist threaten you say you go smell your nyash if you no tell am answer, you come dey form say na pity you pity am.. grin

Anyway, Ibo people go call dis one "Nga-nga ka okenye ji agbalu efi oso!"
cheesy
Re: Answer Giver Or Receiver Who Should Be Victim Of EXAM MALPRACTICE? by Nivstalin(f): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2013
Why should I pity him? so he doesn't fail? Did I get pitied while reading hard? undecided

@question: BOTH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Animals Captured In Best Photos From Comedy Wildlife Photography Award / Crutech Post-ume Cut Aptitude Test /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.