Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Is Keshi A Capable International Manager? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Keshi A Capable International Manager? (534 Views)

Is Keshi Really Just A Lucky Coach? / Is Keshi A Legend Or A Troublemaker? / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Keshi A Capable International Manager? by Foyanmun: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2013
Keshi has now managed three different African countries- namely Togo, Mali and now Nigeria. This is also his third AFCON as a national team manager. In these periods, he has now played total of 8 matches and has not managed a SINGLE win. The Togolese and Malian sides he managed never went beyond the first round even though the Malian side contained very good players. Our last two matches have followed the same stern- we scored a goal and sat on it inevitably leading to equalisers. Our passing and movement were poor and we were playing long balls to short players. His team selection was poor (why was Odemwingie dropped? On current form, Martins is better than Uche- so why didn't he invite martins? etc) . As someone who follows football, i am savvy enough to take defeats on the chin as long as i see the general picture as promising. However this is not the same with Keshi team as they have drawn the two matches in eminently avoidable manner. As a player, I thoroughly admired Skippo and I was one of those who believed he should get the opportunity to manage the Eagles. However I am beginning to think that perhaps he is not good enough (yet) to manager at the highest level.
Re: Is Keshi A Capable International Manager? by badassnigga(m): 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
keshi is not capable at all.these present teams r not d best we av. players lyk Martin n osaze ought to b in d team.
I watched SE against Zambia and I came to d conclusion that we r not going to make to d next round.
they could not exert their influence ...is very unlike SE i used to know
I listened to Brila FM barely after d match against Zambia ...I was just laughing as d analysts were calculating our chance to d next round
Re: Is Keshi A Capable International Manager? by ayusco: 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yes I agree keshi is not technically sound infact if you check my previous posts I was never in support of his appointment that said we can not do anything about it other than back the team. But sha his tactical acumen is nothing to write home about hoping for the best *fingers crossed*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh: Ethopia Is A Strong Force. / (A). Ogbono (b).ewedu (C) Okro (D). Super Eagles / What Super Eagles Can Do To Win My Heart Back : A Fan's Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.