Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands (960 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why Women Treat Side Guys Better Than Husbands / When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands by Pancho01(m): 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
I remember vividly those things we were taught during those times in our social studies classes. One of those things was the different roles played by members of the family. The father we know is the head and breadwinner of the family; the mother being the manager of the household welfare. But I have observed of late that wives are now acting as breadwinners in the family. There are families I have seen that the women are the ones paying the house rent, providing for the feeding and also in charge of making sure the children school fees were paid. Meanwhile the husbands are the ones washing the children's clothes, and also cooking for the family.

I really want to know your say on this issue because it is something I think that is becoming so rampant. It looks like we are approaching a time in history when women are taking the roles of husbands. It seems to be that wives are relieving men of the curse placed on them at the garden of Eden. What do you really say on this issue.
Re: Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands by achinaboy(m): 7:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
an igbo proverb say de person wey get money,make him do the father`s burial,because no be the first born killam,,,,i hope u understand,it has nothing to do with taking over the father`s role in the family,it has to do with who is in a better position to take care of the family
Re: Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands by DaDewdropsNVS: 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
Tell me abourrrrit. cool
We 'ave turned awa men into BABY-SITTERZZZZZ and chauffeurs. Now, we know how it feels to phock around with impunity!!!!

God bless H-AMERICA jareeeee!!!! cool
We even pay GROOMS' PRICES for awa men!!!! cool

Mu cha cha cha cha cha

There are MGBEKE women and there are SOPHISTICATED WOMEN LIKE ' 'US'!!!

No BUSSSSSHMEAT 'chop my money' IMPORTED FACEBOOK HOUSEWIVES ATI MONKEY-BREEDING LOCAL WOR-WOR NIGERIAN/AFRICAN WOMEN in my heritage!!!! cool
Re: Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
achina boy: an igbo proverb say de person wey get money,make him do the father`s burial,because no be the first born killam,,,,i hope u understand,it has nothing to do with taking over the father`s role in the family,it has to do with who is in a better position to take care of the family

How I so much hate this proverb! angry

But when e reach time to share property, the first son go come out come claim everything.
Re: Wives Are Becoming More Of The Bread Winner Than Husbands by glitchyyy: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing wrong with women being breadwinners temporarily if the man is not privileged to but EVERYTHING wrong with a man that just sits home watching madam take over his designed roles and doing absolutely nothing about it/comfortable with washing diapers or plates.
That's wimpish!!
Such should not be called a MAN!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Sibling Love / How To Minister To A Cultist / What Is The Best Quality You've Inherited From Either Of Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.