Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: (14763 Views)

Poll: How do you fell about women as breadwinners in their families?

So what?: 46% (37 votes)
Not right!: 53% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Are The Bread Winner Of The Family(photo) / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 11:48am On May 09, 2009
It is common nowadays to see women share responsibility in the home, but how convenient can it be when a woman becomes the bread winner of the home. By bread winner i mean the one who brings or contribute more to the home. Lets share our opinions from the realistic point of view. Personally i believe a man should be the the highest provider. I don't think i'll prefer in any other way.

How Ideal Is It When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home?
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Pittbaby(f): 1:09pm On May 09, 2009
I am very prepared to be the bread winner of my home , if god forbid my husband loses his job , or if he decides to get a higher degree . I will support his dream, afterall will i not share in the bounty when it comes .

I will not be the bread winner because he prefers to be a couch potato , that one he and the couch will find themselves out in the cold . I believe Pastor Adeboye said it best when he stated - Men that their wives are feeding them need to reevaluate their lives .

It needs to be a partnership all the way , no parasites

3 Likes

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Odogiyon(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2009
Hmmmm, nice post. 5% remains humble, while the rest either become a semi-beast or demi-god.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by NeroPapas(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2009
Hmmmmm! Nice Topic.

It is not a sin for a woman to be the bread winner of a home and it is not ideal either. The Bible say if any (the man) provide not for his own, especially those of his household, he is worse than an infidel. That is christian view and it applies all round.

A man shouldn't call himself a man if he cannot provide those little thing needed for daily survival of his household. We know time changes, if he's been up to task adn suddenly things changes for the man, the woman should come in and lift the man because she is part of the family.

Am not saying women are not important in running our homes, but the man should be at the forefront while the woman back him up.

A man told me of how he lost his job, for 3 good month he had nothing to give to run the home but the wife will at the end of every month of those 3 months bring her salary to the husband on her kneels and every weekend she will write a list and bring to the husband asking for money. That alone trills me till today. Not many women will do that especially our girls today.

Another man was doing well until things changes and the woman rose to a higher position earning over 500k per month, that is when she now wanted to be dictating how the home should be ran. Women, have this natural misbehaviour of wanting to rule a man that is why the bible will always tell them[b] to submit[/b] to their husbands

Every man should desire and pray to play the roles of a man in the home always else life could be frustrating if a woman becomes the breadwinner.

Every woman should in turn pray to be like the virtous woman described in Proverbs 31 so that there would be no breaking of ranks in our homes.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by PurestBoy(m): 2:35pm On May 09, 2009
To me, that's a big curse and may God not let that happen in my home
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 09, 2009
PurestBoy:

To me, that's a big curse and may God not let that happen in my home

It's not a curse!!! The Earth rotates. grin So woman too can take the position often to help each other. cheesy, em! erm tongue No Big DeaL?

but every Man wants to be the Bread Winner of the Home.

I prefer ME to be the Bread Winner of the Home!!!! NO TIME! cheesy
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by lobitex: 3:22pm On May 09, 2009
The most Nigerians i know are cowards , no one will come to tell u that he is a victim of the above, but remember behind every successful man thier is a woman, most millionaires today have at one time lived off their wife for a long time b4 they get to thier dream land, marriage is a partnership,its a new world order, people now work in offices that dont guaranty stability, not on the farm as in the days of old , all every woman wants is a faithful and a loving husband, and they will go to the ends of the earth with u. and what about the women that have ruined their husbands?

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by martdolph: 3:55pm On May 09, 2009
What a nice topic/

When a man start failing from his primary responsibities, he starts lossing his position as a man. let not preach semion over our inabilities, IT IS WRONGH WHEN A WOMAN TAKES THE POSITION OF A MAN. The Bible only says, the woman shall be a helpmate to compliment. infact things are falling apart.

The Bible say if any (the man) provide not for his own, especially those of his household, he is worse than an infidel.

Pls fellow boys/men, you most try to hold ur position as a man. if not, you cant talk among ur equals, u can give advise, u will not be able to precide over ur immidiate family meetin not to talk of kingsmen, u will not be respected, ur children will not be proud of u, nobody will call a mentor, ur grey hair will not be recongnise.

finaly i have this to say "The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never scoring.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by StrStruck(f): 4:03pm On May 09, 2009
@ you guys opposed to it, would you rather she left you for a richer man so that the Earth will not rotate in the opposite direction as a result of her bringing in more money for the family which you are a part of?
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 09, 2009
lobitex:

The most Nigerians i know are cowards , no one will come to tell u that he is a victim of the above, but remember behind every successful man thier is a woman, most millionaires today have at one time lived off their wife for a long time b4 they get to thier dream land, marriage is a partnership,its a new world order, people now work in offices that dont guaranty stability, not on the farm as in the days of old , all every woman wants is a faithful and a loving husband, and they will go to the ends of the earth with u. and what about the women that have ruined their husbands?

So it is now you guys realize marriage is a partnership, ehn? Whatever happened to "I'm the king and ye are my subjects" that you Nigerian guys [i]especially [/i]scream at the top of your lungs? cheesy

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 09, 2009
stillwater:

So it is now you guys realize marriage is a partnership, ehn? Whatever happened to "I'm the king and ye are my subjects" that you Nigerian guys [i]especially [/i]scream at the top of your lungs? cheesy
All Hail King Nigerian Man.

Roflmao.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Secretz(f): 4:32pm On May 09, 2009
This kind of position crushes many men's egos and dents their pride.

On a real, there is nothing wrong with it, and I have no problem being the bread winner of the home, but it has to be for reasons as Pittbaby has already mentioned, don't want a lazy man, or man who can't stick to his job etc. He should be doing something pro active in his life that will inevitably benefit the family in order for me to take on this postition, besides if he has lost his job or decides to better himself (academically/professionally) then how are we going to eat and live if I don't.

However, I will not make him feel low or beneath me if I did, he is still the man of the house.  grin

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by bawomolo(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2009
how can u be the baba of the house when Madam is giving you pocket money cheesy

lets be realistic here.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 09, 2009
NeroPapas:

A man told me of how he lost his job, for 3 good month he had nothing to give to run the home but the wife will at the end of every month of those 3 months bring her salary to the husband on her kneels [/b]and every weekend she will write a list and bring to the husband asking for money. That alone trills me till today. Not many women will do that especially our girls today.

Another man was doing well until things changes and the woman rose to a higher position earning over 500k per month, that is when [b]she now wanted to be dictating how the home should be ran.
Women, have this natural misbehaviour of wanting to rule a man that is why the bible will always tell them[b] to submit[/b] to their husbands

Every man should desire and  pray to play the roles of a man in the home always else life could be frustrating if a woman becomes the breadwinner.

Every woman should in turn pray to be like the virtous woman described in Proverbs 31 so that there would be no breaking of ranks in our homes.

I believe it's not a problem as long as the mind set of the guy is not like that displayed above. I would feel cheated in that by trying to be supportive i would be reduced to cuddling his ego.

2 Likes

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by ifyalways(f): 5:30pm On May 09, 2009
Secretz:

However, I will not make him feel low or beneath me if I did, he is still the man of the house. grin
Honestly,u wont make him feel bad but he might always mis-interpret every of ur actions.your words carry some unseen weight and hidden meanings,every little mistake which normally shld be ignored wud get the roofs flying,ur kinds deeds/treats might mean pity,when u talk it might mean being loud,when u dont talk it might mean shes sulking cos i dont have a job,when u say no to sex it means ofcos shes sleeping with her boss to get the extra cash we need. . .i can go on and on. sad
@Topic,i pray and wish that such a day dont come in my marriage.

4 Likes

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Oxone(m): 6:14pm On May 09, 2009
there's nothing so wron about it if you both understand each other but

the reason why most men are opposed to it is that [b]in some situation [/b]where this happens, the woman lets it get to her head & begins to disrespect & humiliate the man at every opportunity she gets. some even sound off about it to evryone who cares to listen thereby emasculating the man literally.

have seen situations where the woman becomes the the bread winner & you never know
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Secretz(f): 6:23pm On May 09, 2009
ifyalways:

Honestly,u wont make him feel bad but he might always mis-interpret every of ur actions.your words carry some unseen weight and hidden meanings,every little mistake which normally shld be ignored wud get the roofs flying,ur kinds deeds/treats might mean pity,when u talk it might mean being loud,when u dont talk it might mean shes sulking cos i dont have a job,when u say no to sex it means ofcos shes sleeping with her boss to get the extra cash we need. . .i can go on and on. sad
@Topic,i pray and wish that such a day dont come in my marriage.

I see exactly what you mean, but if that was the case then he's got some serious issues.! Because, only a jobless wotless man can sit there mis interpreting things that way. lool

But hun, I feel you, that's why I said it often dents their pride and ego. Na their wahala be dat, as for me ohhhhh, I no fit starve because of pride, abeg! LOL grin

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by slimfine(f): 6:28pm On May 09, 2009
being the breadwinner is not the same thing as the head of the family. Moreover, respect plays big role. if both of you don't have respect for each other, then with or without man being the bread winner, your marriage is doomed!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Pepeye(f): 6:43pm On May 09, 2009
Definitely a nightmare to every true woman
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by invisible2(m): 8:09pm On May 09, 2009
Nothing spoil, men are supposed to relax and enjoy women labour sometimes. Hey! This is scary seriously, the man fit dey wash floor, toilet, run little errands and even become the 'executive' houseboy.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by tayoast(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2009
Let anybody bread-win for the family!

As far as things are going as they should, who cares?
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by tayoast(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2009
Let anybody bread-win for the family!

As far as things are going as they should, who cares?
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by invisible2(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2009
How can things go as they should when you dey chop from madam sweat? She may be the type that will remind you after every meal of how unfortunate you are.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by BenHundred(m): 8:36pm On May 09, 2009
There's nothing wrong with a woman being the bread winner of the house, except men and our enormous ego's to be in control.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by tayoast(m): 8:40pm On May 09, 2009
invisible!:

How can things go as they should when you dey chop from madam sweat? She may be the type that will remind you after every meal of how unfortunate you are.

Then I guess u made a sulky choice if your spouse said that to you!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by invisible2(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2009
You will never know the type of choice you made until sh*t happenz.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by sosisi(f): 12:21am On May 10, 2009
as long as he can pound the foo foo and do the housework, no problems
we fit manage grin
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by tope5000: 12:29am On May 10, 2009
Pittbaby:

I am very prepared to be the bread winner of my home , if god forbid my husband loses his job , or if he decides to get a higher degree . I will support his dream, afterall will i not share in the bounty when it comes .

I will not be the bread winner because he prefers to be a couch potato , that one he and the couch will find themselves out in the cold . I believe Pastor Adeboye said it best when he stated - Men that their wives are feeding them need to reevaluate their lives .

It needs to be a partnership all the way , no parasites

she has said it all wink
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by boladez(m): 5:47am On May 10, 2009
It's not bad , its not a curse, its not a crime, it's not a taboo, but its not STANDARD!!!!

The natural and spiritual laws put the man in the position of the breadwinner, men are designed to provide for the family without looking back or complaining. Women are designed to be cared for to be spoilt and loved with the children.

Where , due to economic reasons the woman is the breadwinner, it means one will be using a front wheel drive for off road tracks and it calls for a lot of patience, understanding, self confidence on the part of the man, and spiritual help. Frustration may cause both parties to crack atimes but its important that they both learn to overcome the pain until the situation improves

A man should be able to take charge of his home if he is earning more or less, Shikena
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by AmAlone: 12:47pm On May 10, 2009
Na rubbish ooooo

The woman go won turn God for the house! Talking from experience
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by krama(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2009
. . . if a man cannot provide for his house, then the man is worse than an infidel grin
Now even if the wife earns more than the man, it is still the man's responsibility to provide for the house
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Youngj1(m): 5:04pm On May 10, 2009
Wen d woman becomes d breadwinna , Nobodi go hear word 4 house again,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2018 Awareness Thread / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.