Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win (776 Views)

Croatia's Marin Cilic Wins Japan's Kei Nishikori At 2014 US Open Men's Final / Djokovic Beats Murray To Win Australian Open / Australian Open Men's Final - It's Murray Vs Djokovic On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win by kosalabaro: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
I am by no means a prophet, no not T.B, Joshua, the football loving seer.

Rather I’m an ordinary 9 – 5 guy who loves Tennis the way Nigerians love football.
Tomorrow, Sunday January 27, 2013 is a big day in the world of Tennis. It is the day when the Australian Open men’s final will be played commencing at 9.30am. As I earlier said, I’m not a prophet but I already know 100% cocksure that Andy Murray, OBE will win the Australian Title tomorrow against the great Serbian and 5-time grand slam winner, Novak Djokovic.

The whole world is in for a surprise tomorrow considering that virtually all betting sites have given the match to Novak. For example, Bet 365, a leading betting site has already given it to Djokovic at 1.50 (2 in 3 odds) while a stake of 2.75 (4 in 11 odds) has been given to Murray! Bookmakers are apparently being deceived by the fact that Novak (‘’Nole’’) is currently the World No 1 and Andy, World No 3.

But because I already know that good, old Andy Murray will win his 2nd consecutive grand slam tomorrow, I have gone ahead to put my hard-earned money where my mouth is. I have against all odds placed a bet of $500 (almost N80,000) on Andy Murray hence latest by 15:00hrs tomorrow I should have earned $500 *(times) 2.75 = $1,375 (about N210,000)!!! A SOLID PROFIT OF ABOUT N130,000.00!!!

BUT HOW ARE MY SO SURE THAT MURRAY WILL WIN TOMORROW?

I don’t intend to bore you by making a thesis of this expose, but it will suffice for me to summarise my reasons as follows:

1. Currently, Andy Murray is the most improved Tennis top 10 player in the world

2. In their run to the Australian open final tomorrow, Andy Murray has had to face tougher opposition than Novak Djokovic. While Andy Murray (world no 3) faced Roger Federer (World No 2 and unarguably the greatest tennis player in history) ) and defeated him overwhelmingly, Novak’s only serious opposition has been David Ferrer (World No 5) who he destroyed in 3 straight sets.

3. However, against Stan Warinka (World No 25), Novak Djokovic Achilles’ heel was exposed as he struggled to win in 5 sets. Infact, the World No 1 player embarrassingly lost the 1st set 6 – 1!!!

4. Ivan Lendl (former world No 1 in the late 80s/90s and now Andy Murray’s coach) has really done a great job on Andy as Andy is now more aggressive, offensive rather than the laid-back, defensive player he used to be.

5. Also, while both Andy and Novak are 25 yrs old, they are however a week apart as Andy was born on May 15, 1987 and Novak, May 22, 1987. Numerology of their birth dates indeed also has a role to play in this: Year 2013 (2 + 0 + 1 + 3 = 6) has a numerology of 6 which coincides perfectly with Andy’s birthday of 15 (1 + 5 = 6)

6. Lastly, there is something of a jinx in going for the same thing the 3rd time. Novak is bidding to win his 3rd consecutive Australian title tomorrow while Andy is bidding to win his 2nd consecutive grand slam title. Novak will be fighting not only against Murray, but also against the 3rd time jinx? Can he overcome both?

Based on the following reasons, I have very safely and reasonable wagered $500 on Andy Murray to win in tomorrow’s Australian open tennis final to reap a windfall of N210,000!!!

PLEASE JOIN ME IN CELEBRATING AHEAD OF TOMORROW IF YOU CARE.

Re: Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win by Chanchit: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
Kosalabaro...! U go need alabaro tomorrow.

See wetin I talk..? I hope u no dey depressed sha..? If u take the money fvck 17-18 yrs old ashawo for Rita lori sef, ur body for thank you now.
Re: Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win by hannie: 3:27am On Jan 27, 2013
This guy is a LEARNER, like seriously!!! grin
Re: Australian Open Men's Final: Why I Placed $500 On Andy Murray To Win by Skywalker5(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2013
I guess u just lost $500

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Fake Prophecy Concerning Super Eagle Final Match And Verify Well!!! / Football Stars Cape Verde Have Given To The World / Messi: I Will Come Back Stronger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.