Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? (3743 Views)

Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … / Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge / Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by ikaboy: 11:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
If you are observant enough,you will that officials of the LSG have been distributing the Lagos land use charge bill. Early this morning, my landlord came to me notifying me of the letter they served him. To my greatest surprise, the old man quickly told me that my share of the charge is 15k. I quickly withdrew my bottle of alumo we were drinking together. He reacted and ask me what the problem is, and i told him that i wont be surprise if he comes up with a tenancy levy to raise money to build a boys quarter. What the hell is my business with the land use charge?

fellow nairalanders, i want to know if a tenant is meant to pay the land use charge?
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by Afam4eva(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
The land is owned by the landlord and he should be responsible for paying the land use charge.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by Phopades: 12:50am On Jan 27, 2013
D landlord
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by hajieazi(m): 6:14am On Jan 27, 2013
The landlord should be responsible for the payment. However, there are exceptional cases .if your tenancy agreement expressly state that Ɣ☺ΰ will be responsible for the payment of such bill, then it's Ɣ☺ΰ along with other tenants, if any, that will pay for the land use charge.The more reason why it is important for tenant to study the tenancy agreement carefully before signing off.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by hazvat(f): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2013
It is the Landlord that pays. The two commitment of a Landlord are Witholding tax and Land use charge. As a tenant, ur obligation is to remit your rent as at when due. Except their is mutual agreement between you and your landlord either expressly stated or written. As far as I am concern, the landlord pays. Remember that land use is a replica of Tenement rate. I am a landlord and I am the one that pay for my house.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by kessyur: 8:46am On Jan 27, 2013
hazvat :
It is the Landlord that pays. The two commitment of a Landlord are Witholding tax and Land use charge. As a tenant, ur obligation is to remit your rent as at when due. Except their is mutual agreement between you and your landlord either expressly stated or written. As far as I am concern, the landlord pays. Remember that land use is a replica of Tenement rate. I am a landlord and I am the one that pay for my house.

Thanks to everyone. I have learnt from this. I forsee a similar issue with my landlord. The jobless man does not contribute to any bills. We even pay d nepa bills include his.

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Duplex At Carlton Gate Estate On Chevron Drive, Lekki / How Many Blocks Will It Cost Me To Build A 6 Bedroom Bungalow / FURNITURE SETUP FOR A CLIENT (1 Kitchen Cabinet, 4 Bed And 4 Wardrobe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.