Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Image Of God And The Plurality Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Of God And The Plurality Of God (643 Views)

God And His Angels. / Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2013
And God said 'Let "us" make man in "our" own image.

The higher power codenamed God, from the above statement isnt one being, but a multitude of energy beings. 'Let us make man in our own image' indicate that God isnt just about one man, building a universe' its an assembly of energy beings putting together another specie of being, in their image. Are we in God's image. Yes, our body is fashioned to exist on physical realm based on physical matter, but our consciousness is embodied in soul, the image of God, the photon of energy that God and we are. All is energy, we are energy, and we are a part of what God is. There is no God outside us, cos the totality of all that there is, is energy and we are a part of totality of God energy. Ye are gods and children of most high God says it better.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Paulipopor: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2013
Good morning bro. I sent a PM to you but didn't get a reply. Just wanted to know if you got the message.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by larride(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2013
@Billy

I quite agree with you to some extent, its true the bible says 'Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness' to make things clearly, let me refer you to John 1

'In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God, all things were made by him; without him was not any thing made that was made'

Let's go further to John 1:14

And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth.

In above passage, it can be gathered that Jesus was the WORD that was with God at the beginning and everything was made through him, with what John 1 says, it can be deduced that God was talking Jesus and the host of angels. We feel the presence of God all around us, we feel his energy but that doesn't mean God doesn't exist outside us, we are made to look like him, we are made in his image, God exist above us and he watch over us.

1 Like

Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 27, 2013
Paulipopor: Good morning bro. I sent a PM to you but didn't get a reply. Just wanted to know if you got the message.
Will dash into inbox and check the message, i must confess i havent been there lately.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 27, 2013
larride: @Billy

I quite agree with you to some extent, its true the bible says 'Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness' to make things clearly, let me refer you to John 1

'In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God, all things were made by him; without him was not any thing made that was made'

Let's go further to John 1:14

And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth.

In above passage, it can be gathered that Jesus was the WORD that was with God at the beginning and everything was made through him, with what John 1 says, it can be deduced that God was talking Jesus and the host of angels. We feel the presence of God all around us, we feel his energy but that doesn't mean God doesn't exist outside us, we are made to look like him, we are made in his image, God exist above us and he watch over us.

You raise a valid point by referencing Jesus as 'the' word. But you have unconsciously not thought if Jesus is 'the only word'. Jesus himself stated, that we can do 'greater things' than him only if we have faith. It therefore means there was nothing mystical about Jesus, the difference is our faith and his faith, lets not digress, we are the word, the word signifies energy in existence. If Jesus is the child of God as bible stated, then the same bible stated that we are all children of God, or should I say brothers of Jesus ? Truly, as Jesus stated, we have done greater things than Jesus if we wanna be sincere, the invention of the Aeroplane, going to the moon, construction of drones, even making beer and Henessy is just turning water into wine.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by larride(m): 11:51am On Jan 27, 2013
Billyonaire:

You raise a valid point by referencing Jesus as 'the' word. But you have unconsciously not thought if Jesus is 'the only word'. Jesus himself stated, that we can do 'greater things' than him only if we have faith. It therefore means there was nothing mystical about Jesus, the difference is our faith and his faith, lets not digress, we are the word, the word signifies energy in existence. If Jesus is the child of God as bible stated, then the same bible stated that we are all children of God, or should I say brothers of Jesus ? Truly, as Jesus stated, we have done greater things than Jesus if we wanna be sincere, the invention of the Aeroplane, going to the moon, construction of drones, even making beer and Henessy is just turning water into wine.

I disagree, JESUS is the 'WORD'. Jesus came into the world to reconcile us back to God, he's the pathway to eternal life which is God masterplan for man. He said we can do greater things through Christ that streghten us. You are making it look Jesus is mortal and the difference btw Him and us is our faith which isn't so. He gave his life for us. He gave powers to those that believe in him that they may be called sons and daughters of God. There's a verse I love you so much in the bible and its "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGHTEN ME". We have potentials as humans. Those inventions you talked about is the end product of those potentials. Jesus came to the world to reconcile us back to God not to help us invent aeroplanes or weapon of mass destruction. He came to the physical world to connect us to the spiritual realm.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
Billyonaire:

Quite interesting! Funny though....
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Baba419(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
larride:

I disagree, JESUS is the 'WORD'. Jesus came into the world to reconcile us back to God, he's the pathway to eternal life which is God masterplan for man. He said we can do greater things through Christ that streghten us. You are making it look Jesus is mortal and the difference btw Him and us is our faith which isn't so. He gave his life for us. He gave powers to those that believe in him that they may be called sons and daughters of God. There's a verse I love you so much in the bible and its "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGHTEN ME". We have potentials as humans. Those inventions you talked about is the end product of those potentials. Jesus came to the world to reconcile us back to God not to help us invent aeroplanes or weapon of mass destruction. He came to the physical world to connect us to the spiritual realm.
what you've said is good and what every Christian is saying, but I thought he came to die for our immortality(eternal life) after Adam and eves wrong. So how come we aren't immortal since his death.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by larride(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Baba419: what you've said is good and what every Christian is saying, but I thought he came to die for our immortality(eternal life) after Adam and eves wrong. So how come we aren't immortal since his death.

We are not immortal here on earth, no one is, he came to save us so as not to experience the second death and give us eternal life in heaven.
Re: Image Of God And The Plurality Of God by Baba419(m): 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
Second death, u never die the first one and the second death dey fear u? Heaven is for the selected few only known to God from the day he made the garden, heaven is what you vision it to be which is only what you've seen or heard from books and stories, no one has been there and back so how do we know? depriving yourself of life here for th
larride:

We are not immortal here on earth, no one is, he came to save us so as not to experience the second death and give us eternal life in heaven.
e sake of living when you're dead. Heaven, hell, God, satan etc are all within us and our own messiah might be here now spreading the meaasge.

(1) (Reply)

Savour Of Life Or Death / Paying The Prayer Debt / Pastor Adeboye Plant Parishes Within 5 Minutes Walk In Every City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.