Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church (684 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
The word church never meant a building. "Church" is wherever two or more are gathered and assembled in His name I believe. Our bodies are now the temple, so we do not need one built with hands - Youtube user

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by italo: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2013
So if a man were to marry your daughter...and he took her to a private place and "wedded" her on his own "in Jesus name", without anybody else, you would consider that as she being married in Church?

...Afterall, where TWO or three are gathered in his name...
Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by PastorKun(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2013
italo: So if a man were to marry your daughter...and he took her to a private place and "wedded" her on his own "in Jesus name", without anybody else, you would consider that as she being married in Church?

Is church wedding biblical in the first instance? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying church wedding is wrong but we must learn to distinguish btw traditions of men and sound biblical doctrines.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 28, 2013
italo: So if a man were to marry your daughter...and he took her to a private place and "wedded" her on his own "in Jesus name", without anybody else, you would consider that as she being married in Church?

Show us in the bible where a priest joined man and woman to become wife.

In fact , all through the bible , the families were responsible, especially the man's , to initiate the process of introduction, agreement, engagement, dowry and gifts and then marriage.

This is why I have a problem with this institutionalized form of Christianity that came to turn some of our good traditions upside down.

In other words, our traditional marriages in Nigeria suffice in the sight of GOD.

There is nothing wrong, with the church joining couples together with the consent of their families, however this is not compulsory.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by italo: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2013
@ Frosbel, take note that you didn't answer (you practically evaded) my question.

Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by italo: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2013
@ Frosbel, take note that you didn't answer (you practically evaded) my question.

Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Lovethywilbedon: 11:20am On Jan 29, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Is church wedding biblical in the first instance? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying church wedding is wrong but we must learn to distinguish btw traditions of men and sound biblical doctrines.
Yes "SOUND BIBLICAL DOCTRINE" By the way is having a Nairaland Account biblical in the first instance? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that having a Nairaland Account is wrong but people who call themselves Born again Christians should follow only what is in the bible and leave Nairaland for sinners like me.
Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Joagbaje(m): 11:34am On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel: The word church never meant a building. "Church" is wherever two or more are gathered and assembled in His name I believe. Our bodies are now the temple, so we do not need one built with hands - Youtube user

Nobody says the church is a building . The church is where the saints meet together. The church is not the gathering of 2 or 3. Family gathering doesn't constitute a church.
Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Lovethywilbedon: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel: The word church never meant a building. "Church" is wherever two or more are gathered and assembled in His name I believe. Our bodies are now the temple, so we do not need one built with hands - Youtube user
First you have to cheak your dictionary to know if you will correct the statement that "the word church "never" (ie not at any time) meant a building". Secondly, Sometimes I wonder how you reason, So two or three should just gather anywhere in the name of Christ. So two or three should just gather in a toilet, in a bar or in a market. So two or three should just gather in a brothel, how can they concentrate and pray to God while seing stripqers dancing, prosti.tutes going about nakee and unmarried people commiting motal sin?. So they should just gather anywhere like in the stadium, or just outside in the open air. Okay what if it starts raining or if the sun becomes too hot or if snow starts falling? Does'nt reason demand that the gathering should be in a confortable building called Church, where people can concentrate and worship God without any distraction. We Catholics started it first following the example of Jesus Christ, other Christian denominations copied from us. Our first gathering was between Our LORD Jesus Christ and "our first Twelve Bishops" on the night befor his death. That Night, Christ gave us THE MOST HOLY SACRAMENT. [THE SACRAMENT OF THE HOLY EUCHARIST]. This very gathering was done in a building and not in the field. Our second gathering was in the Upper room with our "First Pope" Peter leading the assembly, Celebrating the Holy Mass or "Breaking of the Bread". This gathering was also done in a condusive building and not in a toilet or a market. That is one problem you get when you clain you can understand the bible on you own and you went ahead to take it literaly. Please don't let me call you a Hy..... Okay sorry because since you claim to be a Christinan, your gathering is not done any where but rather in a condusive bulding called "CHURCH". So why did you creat this tread since your gathering in the name of Christ is done in a building?.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Joagbaje:

Nobody says the church is a building . The church is where the saints meet together. The church is not the gathering of 2 or 3. Family gathering doesn't constitute a church.

The church meets together , whether 2 or more than 2.

2 or 3 church members meeting together is a lawful assembly in God's eyes.
Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Lovethywilbedon] First you have to cheak your dictionary to know if you will correct the statement that "the word church "never" (ie not at any time) meant a building".

good

Secondly, Sometimes I wonder how you reason, So two or three should just gather anywhere in the name of Christ.

Yes

So two or three should just gather in a toilet, in a bar or in a market. So two or three should just gather in a brothel,

Hmm , not sure about toilet and brothel grin

how can they concentrate and pray to God while seing stripqers dancing, prosti.tutes going about nakee and unmarried people commiting motal sin?.

null and void, no right minded person will meet in a brothel smiley

So they should just gather anywhere like in the stadium, or just outside in the open air.

Sure sounds good to me

Okay what if it starts raining or if the sun becomes too hot or if snow starts falling?

lol.

Many stadiums have shades and for those exposed areas, we have things called rain coats and umbrellas.

But let me say this,I do not think we have to meet in a Stadium, we can have an open air crusade or revival meeting open air and once in a while.

Does'nt reason demand that the gathering should be in a confortable building called Church,

A church is not a building and Christ has not called us to a life of comfort and ease, he has called us to a life of sacrifice and work for the kingdom.
Re: What Is The Biblical Model For Getting Together As A Church by Lovethywilbedon: 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]So your point is that Christians should stop gathering in Churches and start gatharing in football stadiums and fields and if it starts raining they should use raincoats and umbrellas and if the sun becomes too hot the should find something to cover themselves?. Please let me know if this is the point you are trying to make so that I can access your level of reasoning I mean your "THINKING FACULTY".

(1) (Reply)

St Expedite / Should The Roman Catholic Church End Its Pro Celibacy For Priests? / Enough!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.