Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa (17071 Views)

Talented Man Builds Car And Engines With Scrap Materials (photos) / 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash / Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by AroOkigbo(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2013
Good attempt young man!
But looking at the current state of the nation, going into the manufacture of IED's will be of a greater economic value.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Lakayana: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2013
liyalla: oh my Bayelsan brother I respect U finish. Dis is to show dat even if oil well dry today Bayelsans will still survive. Aaaah Izon!!!
Zion keme emi ya?
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 11:43am On Jan 28, 2013
did he ask u to come and fly it? its a simple thing, encourage or ignore the post.

Encourage mediocrity? are you hearing yourself? Now tell me, you have two options, pick one. You want to learn to drive. do you just enter into the car without having an idea of how to move it OR would you rather learn to move it, know what it entails to be a driver before getting into the steering wheel? do you think an aircraft is just one of those in-complex machines one just invents and starts using it? or dyu think its the Car the Nigerian inventors create and call their inventions?

are you okay? my friend take a back seat///
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2013
Anubiri: Naija have talent bt d situation is making things difficult.
U are right
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by honeric01(m): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

Mr, dont get me wrong. Please try to be logical while reasoning. would you manufacture an automobile if you are just a common oerson who has no knowledge of it? YES or NO would be an appropriate answer.

Since it's not yet flying, can you do us the favor, take it up from where the man stopped. he said he needs help with his projects, you have all the degrees abi so you should be able to finish where he stopped.

We are waiting for you mr certificates.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by 1shortblackboy: 11:53am On Jan 28, 2013
See plane na.. Opan ijaw style cheesy
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by honeric01(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

Encourage mediocrity? are you hearing yourself? Now tell me, you have two options, pick one. You want to learn to drive. do you just enter into the car without having an idea of how to move it OR would you rather learn to move it, know what it entails to be a driver before getting into the steering wheel? do you think an aircraft is just one of those in-complex machines one just invents and starts using it? or dyu think its the Car the Nigerian inventors create and call their inventions?

are you okay? my friend take a back seat///

What have you invented in your life? an innocent question o.

Waiting..
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by andyanders: 11:57am On Jan 28, 2013
He has tried and I congratulate him and pray that grants him more wisdom to explore. These are the kind of people the Government needs to help by having the minister of Aviation and other aviation personnel to work with him in order to move this nation forward than looking for avenues to steal the nation and accumulating wealth on earth and one day, they will all die and and everything becomes vanity.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by redcliff: 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
honeric01:

Since it's not yet flying, can you do us the favor, take it up from where the man stopped. he said he needs help with his projects, you have all the degrees abi so you should be able to finish where he stopped.

We are waiting for you mr certificates.

LOL Like i said i have certificates in my previous post? check very well Mr ODe. he wants to build an yiacraft. i did not send the panel beater message. let him go ahead and fly it. You said its not flying yet. so if it isnt flying at the moment then it should be called a craft not an aircraft because the purpose which he started it for hasnt been accomplished. MY DESTINY is not same as his. so pls FU.C.K OFF you ibo trader..
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by pitex: 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Does it fly?[/size]

It dance...career killer!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Afam4eva(m): 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
mu2sa2: It matters not whether it flies or does not - at least he has tried going by the level of his education.
You can't create an aircraft that does not fly. If you can't make it fly then convert it to a car. Make a car instead. That's still an invention.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by blackmale1: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Great innovation,but i doubt the ability of those landing gears to carry the plane on landing..just saying oh
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by lexander(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
which part OF bayelsa was it built cos that plane looks farmilliar there was a guy building one where i stay last year
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by numericalguy(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

NOW ANSWER THIS QUESTION YOU DUMP HEAD. WHERE DID HE GET THE WHEREWITHAL TO PUT TOGETHER THIS CRAFT IF NOT PARTS OF ANOTHER CRAFT? ITS MORE OF AN ASSEMBLE CRAFT RATHER THAN BUILT FROM SCRATCH CRAFT. OR DO YOU THINK THE SCHEMATICS OF BUILDING AN AIRCRAFT IS SUCH THAT A SIMPLE PANEL BEATER CAN DO? WHAT INSTITUTION CERTIFIED HIM AS AN AIRCRAFT ENGINEER? NOW LET ME ASK YOU THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, WOULD YOU FLY IN THIS THING IF YOU WERE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO?PUERILE BEING.

Unfortunately redcliff is correct. That's just the bitter truth. In the field of science and engineering, your work MUST BE ORIGINAL. The scientific world will only laugh at Nigeria if we were foolish enough to present such a thing. Trust me I know.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by creativino: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
smiley A good start.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Bawss1(m): 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

MIcheal?

Definitely not a Micheal here.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by DIYTechnologies: 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
HAH: Please don't call this an aircraft because it is not flying. rather call it a toy or a wheel barrow cos any road side welder can construct that.

When you build something like this, you can re-post this. but before then, it is advisable you salt your post with some form of encouragement. Haba!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
His efforts should be commended - that is if he built the entire compartment and frame from scratch.

But an aircraft is much more than something that can "roll from one point to another and back". Look at those tires, would it support landing from even 15feet? undecided

No sneak peek into the interior? We don't even have a detailed report so I can't say what he's "actually done". What powers it? Batteries? Fuel?

Good luck to him though.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Freiburger(m): 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
WOW
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by honeric01(m): 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

LOL Like i said i have certificates in my previous post? check very well Mr ODe. he wants to build an yiacraft. i did not send the panel beater message. let him go ahead and fly it. You said its not flying yet. so if it isnt flying at the moment then it should be called a craft not an aircraft because the purpose which he started it for hasnt been accomplished. MY DESTINY is not same as his. so pls FU.C.K OFF you ibo trader..

And what are you doing with all your certificates? what have you helped mankind with?

Since you didn't send him message, why then are you insulting him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by farem: 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva][size=14pt][b]Does it fly?
Even if it doesn't, the superstructure is commendable. God bless him
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by pitex: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Does it fly?[/size]

It dance...career killer!
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by numericalguy(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
creativino: smiley A good start.

Maybe not in the right direction.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by blaise26abj(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Step 1: learn what the giants know. know what they know to perfection. ie climb their backs
Step 2: Get to know what they don't know.( stand on their shoulders and see further than them)
conclusion: become a taller giant.

same thing applies to economics (ask china). He has started a journey even if it cannot fly yet. may God give him the ability to see above the giants.

2 Likes

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Kudus to the young man!

Whether it is flown or not we should ask ourselves if young man can build an aircraft with his own money in his spare time, why cannot the govt even produce one aircraft of their own?
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Parnassuss(m): 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff:

NOW ANSWER THIS QUESTION YOU DUMP HEAD. WHERE DID HE GET THE WHEREWITHAL TO PUT TOGETHER THIS CRAFT IF NOT PARTS OF ANOTHER CRAFT? ITS MORE OF AN ASSEMBLE CRAFT RATHER THAN BUILT FROM SCRATCH CRAFT. OR DO YOU THINK THE SCHEMATICS OF BUILDING AN AIRCRAFT IS SUCH THAT A SIMPLE PANEL BEATER CAN DO? WHAT INSTITUTION CERTIFIED HIM AS AN AIRCRAFT ENGINEER? NOW LET ME ASK YOU THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, WOULD YOU FLY IN THIS THING IF YOU WERE OFFERED THE OPPORTUNITY TO?PUERILE BEING.

Pipe low bros, they qrote there he works on an oil servicing firm and built it his spare time. Also when talking about singl engine aircraft the truth ia they are very, very, very basic in construction and all over the world people design them in their backyards. The design he choose looks like a cruder cessna 152 that has fantastic longitudinal balance because of its overhead wings among other things. These planes were not made by magicians, if u get over the awe of flight u will find that a Honda CRV is a much more advanced machine and building them takes nothing more than dedication, intelligence and perseverence. In this guy's case though, add aviation pioneering and vision to the list.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Parnassuss(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
FYI I am a student pilot so no be guess me dey throw, that plane go fit fly.

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by luluosas(m): 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Innovation plus determination equals success. Good job there.
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
Parnassuss: FYI I am a student pilot so no be guess me dey throw, that plane go fit fly.

Can you help the guy achieve his dream? at least going to check out the plane to see if it's fit to fly, then together with him, both of you can test-fly it?

1 Like

Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Abbey2sam(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
redcliff: HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN....

Runway to heaven I think
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
honeric01:

Can you help the guy achieve his dream? at least going to check out the plane to see if it's fit to fly, then together with him, both of you can test-fly it?
Hahahaha you wicked o
Re: Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa by Digiman(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
cheesy wink cheesy cry

I don't see what all the fuss and negativity is about, anyone with the some knowledge and the right tools and parts can build an aircraft. However will it achieve flight ?, well that depends on several factors.

My observations based on what's in the pictures are as follows:

1. Landing gear - no brakes !, no shock abosorbers ! ... he may be able to take off but landing may break up the airframe !

2. Wings appear to have control surfaces, lets hope that at least he's also got elevators and he can get them to operate correctly

3. There is no spec for the engine (i.e. power out put), the prop looks smallish, lets hope he has done his calculations weight vs power properly otherwise he won't be going far.

Good luck to him for making an attempt an attempt and I hope he is able to fly it .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos) / Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.