Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why Don't Catholic Priests Put In Their Offering During Offertory? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Catholic Priests Put In Their Offering During Offertory? (555 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Catholic Priests Put In Their Offering During Offertory? by Agimor(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
Please I'm only asking to know and is not an avenue to bash any religion or men of God.I have been to other churches and i have also heard and see pastors putting their offering during offertory, alongside their members.but is the other way round in the catholic church,its left alone for members to come out during offertory.is it that they do theirs secretly or what?my amiable nairalanders your comment on these topic.
Re: Why Don't Catholic Priests Put In Their Offering During Offertory? by caezar: 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
Catholic priests generally have no other source of upkeep but offertory, or donations from members of their parish. In fact, all that they possess belongs to the church and is not theirs. Therefore, it would be a little silly to take from the church and give to the church.

That said, it is not unheard of for a priest visiting a foreign parish to give offertory.

(1) (Reply)

Obey Them / 16 Facts About The New Pope / Dead Works Vs. Good Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.