Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body (239642 Views)

40 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Water For Skin, Hair And Health / 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by lorddarshwood(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
Number 4 is a lie the thumb finger grow faster,number 15 very funny,number 23 is a lie a well,number 33 is also a lie if u own pets u would know
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Reference(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
Okay let me have a go. This might sound gross but sure is a wonder.

How the human body's intricate waste pipe system is able to keep the stench completely sealed for hours (even days for some wierdos) without another person perceiving the horrible gooey carnage in your rectum even mere inches away. And mark you these are very caustic, inflammable gases and indescribable matter.

So next time you're on a bus, train or plane be rest assured that mother nature has kept us sane with some intricate pipe work. And when performing exotic copulation man, you're on a hair trigger.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by rahamAllah: 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
I don't agree with some of the wonders as listed above. These are no 33 and 35.
Elephants have also be confirmed to ve a very strong sense of humour very close compared to that of men. They also shed tear like Humans when afflicted with pains like lost of their a member of their pack especially a when its a cow.
Secondly, the human eye gets its oxygen from the liquid fluids in the eye lid and not from the air. This is simple the reason why if the eye is opened to air without blinking for a couple of minitues it becomes less dilated and begings to scrath the victim.
Still stand to be corrected though.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
ItsModella:
True, my left eye is the dominant eye.

guess thats the eye u use in peepin tru key holes tongue

1 Like

Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
lrguru:

guess thats the eye u use in peepin tru key holes tongue
grin grin grin grin grin grin

yes o, that's the eye I use in doing many sneaky things.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by deletrue: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
centje: there're three fellis,one is female the other is male while the third has no gender. The male was first while you were second...next time count well tongue

Fellis and evolution...should i open a thread on evolution lets discuss?
Am having very special issues for discussions but do not have idea on how to open thread in NL Please, could you help on how to publish thread in NA. Thanks
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by scobaba: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
32. The colder the room you sleep, the higher the chances are that you would get a nightmare.

Who won buy A/C abeg, I like sell.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
ItsModella:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

yes o, that's the eye I use in doing many sneaky things.

tot as much....lol....Used to do same too.
My left eye has seen alot i tell u.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
scobaba: 32. The colder the room you sleep, the higher the chances are that you would get a nightmare.

Who won buy A/C abeg, I like sell.

did your prophet tell u same thing too with regards to No. 32?
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Reference(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis:
Women evolved to have a better sense of smell to sniff out genetic deficiencies in a potential mate, since they had lesser chances of passing on their genes, it was more crucial to them to make sure that whatever partner they mated with was as satisfactory as possible. Women are also better with colors like you said. I am not sure what the reason for this is though I read somewhere that it helped with detecting poisonous fruits and plants (by their colours) while gathering food in the wild. Women mostly gathered food while men hunted.

Is it me but if men did the hunting for any kind of 'meat' why will the women get the bigger nose. Or was there a time gals hunted boys.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Emmyk(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
none new @Op. Gone through it few years back search via google.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Sike(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
AMAZING FACTS I MUST SAY!!!
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by adim2(m): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nice write up
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by tunde1200(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
delors: 41. For the ladies, one b00b is bigger than the other. Check am now.
42. The left hand is longer than the right hand (ask your tailor or fashion designer)
43. The left foot is bigger than the right (confirm from your shoe maker or cobbler, for real o)
44. For the guys, one ball is bigger than the other (check your trousers now to confirm)
45. The abdomen is the exact half of the body
46. Male voice is thicker than the female's (like DMX vs Nicki Minaj)
47. Men get hungry quicker than female but female have longer throat than male. (Na true o, I nor dey lie)
48. Male hair is thicker than female hair.
49. Male have more wet dreams than females.
50. I think female's fart (mess) is stronger than male's grin grin grin grin grin grin

You funny too much
I laugh eeeh
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by tunde1200(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nice write up anyway..
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by fgee10(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
smileyit simply means dat i dnt av any prob with my left eye! smileyit simply means dat i dnt av any prob with my left eye!
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by tenovaten(m): 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
@36. What about people that engage themselves in dry fasting, sometimes you hear of 7days dry fasting or even more...
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by BadAttitude(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis: First to comment, yaayyy!!! grin grin grin

if you no be first, who wan be first? no be post am? mstcheew!
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by cowgurl: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
#Bookmarked
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by CrushX(f): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
Some of these are really amazing, the human body is pretty bad-ass smiley

I just wonder how they discovered this: 34. All babies are color blind at birth, they see only black and white.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by watchindelta(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
if you wanna gv birth to a male child always do it at night, because Y
chromosome of man always scare of sun or anything that is hot, that why is nt good for a man to sit on any surface that is hot. It wil kill ur Y chromosome, it wil lead u to gv birth to only female child note always make love wen ur AIR CONDITON is ON or at night if you need a male child because ur Y
chromosome always active wen the weather is cold.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by bknight: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis:
30. Humans shed and regrow outer skin every 27 days.

shocked are they cold blooded snakes & lizards? grin
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nice post man
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by chinedum13(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
plendil:

It's actually found in the X chromomsome and the not the Y. Furthermore, women can and do have the disorder, though its admittedly far more common in males. The reason is that being a sex-linked recessive gene, carried only by the X-chromosome, a woman must get copies from both parents to be colourblind, unlike the man who needs just one copy.
u ar down to earth man u ar right on the point. kiss
plendil:

It's actually found in the X chromomsome and the not the Y. Furthermore, women can and do have the disorder, though its admittedly far more common in males. The reason is that being a sex-linked recessive gene, carried only by the X-chromosome, a woman must get copies from both parents to be colourblind, unlike the man who needs just one copy.
u ar down to earth man u ar right on the point.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by VillageBoi(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis:
38. Everybody has one strong eye and one weak eye.

No wonder my GF freaks the hell out of me grin
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by VillageBoi(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
centje: you don't know how to count again...you're second grin

Na she get the first 4 posts nah! Abi?
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by vislabraye(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
Concerning no. (20) I have stayed more than 2 days without drinking water.
I think the heart muscles is the strongest muscles in the human body rather than the tongue muscles.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Ruq: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
This P aint new if you're on twitter and following one of them Fact handles!
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by VillageBoi(m): 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
Les: you are so correct but his explanation isn't. I wonder wen picking fruits makes some1 to be better at colour detection
i cant say d reason precisely but it has to do with d fact that women can never be colour blind, because it's a sex-linked character found in d Y-chromosome. Men have only d Y-chromosome while women have X and Y chromosome thereby making many men colour blind.... Am colour blind, i can only identify colours wen they are sharply contrasting each other.. E.g i cannot differentiat btw any blue, green, purple, violet, indigo or red and pink or yellow and orange- it can be very frustrating... So watever reason, it gat to d with d fact that colour blindness is associated to men only....

You are completely wrong there. Both men and women can be colour blind. You are right in mentioning the chromosomes, however, as the mutated colour blindeness gene only affects only the 'X' chromosome men are at greater risk since they are 'XY' and women are 'XX'... women have an extra 'X' that could be a normal one without the mutation and so won't display colour blindness... but if they inherit 2 bad ones... oh well.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by VillageBoi(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
Coldfeet: Number 26 so true!! And number 13 why do men have more blood than women? Despite all the things woman do with blood? Na wa o!

Obviously it, eerrrmmmm for want of a better word, leaks. lol
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by olayiwolaaims: 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
sorry most of your facts are not true scientifically....tho they are funny but not true ;Dsorry most of your facts are not true scientifically....tho they are funny but not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / 4D Ultrasound & Doppler Scan: For Pregnant Mothers / Which Drugs Can One Use After Sex To Aviod Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.