Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Joomla Help!!!!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Help!!!!!! (1170 Views)

Joomla Help Please / Joomla Help Needed / Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Help!!!!!! by Snippets(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2013
I am a Joomla Newbie.. And I Need help from Gurus in The house.. I Have a Few Questions.. Am Running it on Localhost..

1) How Can I remove the joomla default banner or Logo on top of the Joomla CMS and insert my own Logo??

2) How can I insert php scripts for example a small calculator script assuming I have written the php script for it??

3) I Downloaded some Joomla 1.5 templates and when I install and apply them, I get some errors.. Like error on this or that or Line 150.. How can I remove those errors??

4) Is there any alternative to using CKforms.. I think its only made for Joomla 1.5 and I heard its better to use Joomla 2.5 or later versions..

5) How can I make my site to look like a normal site without looking like a forum website??

6) The mail function doesn't seem to work offline.. Does it mean after creating a Joomla based website that I can't receive Sign up infos from members to my email account..

Thanks..
Am awaiting Your Reply..
@yawatide, Dualcore, Brand_new, afam, webdezzi.. Over To You.
Re: Joomla Help!!!!!! by Afam4eva(m): 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
@OP
It seems the spambots banned you and i don't wanna quote you so that i don't get banned too.

To tell you the truth i've only used joomla once and i swore never to repeat again. i use wordpress and i'll advice you do to cos it seems easier to manipulate. But if you insist on using Joomla, i'll answr some of your questions all the same cos it also applies to other CMS.

1) You have to go into the template file that you're using and locate where the logo is. I want to believe you're familiar with HTML.

2) You have to convert your script to a Joomla mod fot it to work well with joomla. But in WordPress, there's a plugin that you can install that enables you to run mini scripts on WordPress pages. I want to believe something like that should exist in Joomla too.

3) It's possible that the joomla template you downloaded is not compatible with the version of joomla that you're running. Get a later version of joomla instead.

4) Upgrade your joomla and your life shall never remain the same. Do it now that you're still in the production stage.

5) It all boils down to programming your own forum or downloading a template that does not look like a forum. But how can a joomla template even look like a forum.

6) Once you upload your joomla site online, you can receive emails. On your localhost, you'll have to do some modification in your php.ini file to be able to recieve mails from your local server.

Goodluck
Re: Joomla Help!!!!!! by Snippets(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
@Afam.. Thanks for the quick response..

About #6 reply.. How can I do the modification on The php.ini file so that I can get mails on my local server?? I have wordpress also but I heard joomla is more versatile in developing great sites.. If I try wordpress out and see it as a better tool, then I might migrate..

Am also using usbWebServer as my Local server.. I know of wamp and xampp but they are kinda heavy to download and the UsbWebserver is a light server that doesn't need installation.. I hope it won't affectanything am doing??

Awaiting Your response..
Re: Joomla Help!!!!!! by Afam4eva(m): 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Snippets: @Afam.. Thanks for the quick response..

About #6 reply.. How can I do the modification on The php.ini file so that I can get mails on my local server?? I have wordpress also but I heard joomla is more versatile in developing great sites.. If I try wordpress out and see it as a better tool, then I might migrate..

Am also using usbWebServer as my Local server.. I know of wamp and xampp but they are kinda heavy to download and the UsbWebserver is a light server that doesn't need installation.. I hope it won't affectanything am doing??

Awaiting Your response..

Go here http://blog.techwheels.net/send-email-from-localhost-wamp-server-using-sendmail/

The instruction on that link is how to do it with wamp. But i want to believe the server you're using will also have a php.ini file. So, locate it wherever it is and make the appropriate changes. Better still download wampserver.
Re: Joomla Help!!!!!! by Snippets(m): 6:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
@Afam.. Dumbfounded @ Your selfless service..

Please one more question..

I downloaded a plain html dental template with 5 pages and I want to insert a php code on the contact form so that customers can ask questions and I get to answer them via my email.. I've written the php code for it.. How and where do I Insert it.. Please pardon my Naïve questions.. Still an Upcoming Geek..
Re: Joomla Help!!!!!! by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
Snippets: @Afam.. Dumbfounded @ Your selfless service..

Please one more question..

I downloaded a plain html dental template with 5 pages and I want to insert a php code on the contact form so that customers can ask questions and I get to answer them via my email.. I've written the php code for it.. How and where do I Insert it.. Please pardon my Naïve questions.. Still an Upcoming Geek..

You will insert it in your contact page. You said the template has 5 pages so i will presume that it has an index and a contact page. If the contact page is a .html then you have to convert it to a .php.

You can post the contact script here so that i can see it...i'll be back after Nigeria's match.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Adsense Account Who Has For Sale ? / Website design promo! / He Is A Scammer Don't Do Biz With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.