Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. (921 Views)

Joomla Help!!!!!! / Free Xmlprov Xml Prov Creator Maker And Generator / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. by jjjkkkooo: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2010
I tried to install zip template and i get this error, any help?
Re: Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. by soloqy: 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2010
It could be that there are problems with file permissions or just like the error message said, it could not find the xml package.

Joomla templates are packaged with an xml file named templateDetails. The joomla installer looks in that file to ascertain the details of the template such as name, version, files and folders in the template and other parameters. If its not there, the joomla installer would fail to install the template.

But if that xml file is there, then you may have to look at your file permissions.
Re: Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
was it an online installation or an offline installation? and if it is offline, what web server are you using? iis, wamp, xamp, easyphp. . . .reactor. . . . . .

and if it is online, what kinda webhost are you using? is it linux, is it windows? BTW this kinda stuff is common with windows server - when some permissions are missing. . . . .
Re: Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. by jjjkkkooo: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2010
i download the zip file and try to install it offline. i use xampp. If it is a permission problem, i will i know and fix .

(1) (Reply)

How To Redirect To 3 Different Links. Pls Help! / How Can I Create And Sell E-books? / Opera 11 - The Best Browser So Far!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.