Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say (858 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / Coverless Femen Activists Kidnap Baby Jesus At Vatican Nativity.scene / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by 2legit2qwt: 1:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
LAKE CITY, Fla -- A group of women having a party stopped a gunman during a robbery by shouting “Jesus” over and over Friday evening, police in a Florida town say.

The incident happened in Lake City on Friday when Jacquie Hagler was having a party at her home with 14 friends. The group was having a jewelry party when a man broke into her home around 7:45 pm, the First Coast News reported.

The women first believed the gunman had a fake gun – a water pistol.

They also thought the man was part of the game they were playing at the time – as the woman leading the jewelry party told them before the break-in to put their purses in their laps, the newspaper reported.

The gunman, Derick Jeremy Lee, age 25, burst into the room and yelled to the group: “Give me your money and your phones!” while he threw a bag down on a table, the First Coast News reported.

The women didn’t do as he said and Hagler told him to “get that water pistol out of my face,” the newspaper reported.

The man said it was a real gun and Hagler told the newspaper she saw her friends become very scared.

Hagler then jumped up and yelled: “Get out of my house in the name of Jesus!” the newspaper reported.

Other women all began yelling “Jesus”, Hagler told the newspaper.

After a few seconds, the man ran out of the house without any loot – and without any of the women being injured, the First Coast News reported.

"How everybody reacted and all you knew God's hand and he was in there, it could have went so differently," Donna Bowen, a woman at the party, told the newspaper.

Lee was captured by police later, when another robbery around 9 pm was foiled by a 62-year-old woman who also yelled at him, the newspaper said.

In that case, the woman was at an ATM and yelled at Lee until he ran off into some woods.

Lee was found at his father’s home, which is only 2 blocks from the home invasion, the First Coast News reported.

He is being held on a $200,000 bond.

http://www2.wbtw.com/news/2013/jan/28/women-shout-jesus-armed-gunman-who-ends-robbery-at-ar-5461937/

Jesus saves! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by 2legit2qwt: 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Should this be under crime or religion? undecided
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Coldfeet(f): 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
He truly saves!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Desloaaa(f): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
*hisses*so d Boko haram victims no sabi spell d name well.abi dem remov d 'J' ni?
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Oahray: 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
True, Jesus saves. I would not take this as proof, as the same guy also ran when another woman yelled at him.
Lee was captured by police later, when another robbery around 9 pm was foiled by a 62-year-old woman who also yelled at him, the newspaper said.
In that case, the woman was at an ATM and yelled at Lee until he ran off into some woods.
It was the yelling that scared him off.
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Ozegbe(m): 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
Desloaaa: *hisses*so d Boko haram victims no sabi spell d name well.abi dem remov d 'J' ni?

I tire ooo
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Coldfeet: He truly saves!!!!

they can never understand cause it above human imagination.
Jesus is our saviour
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by adexsimply(m): 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
hmmn
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Ubenedictus(m): 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hahahahaha, good joke 2legit! Wow.
Re: Women Shout "Jesus" At Gunman, Who Ends Robbery Attempt, Police Say by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2013
Good morning 2leg,

I agree with you that Jesus saves but I got to go with Oahray on this one.

The plausible explanation is that the yelling scared the thief rather than the name of Jesus.

Anyways, we never can tell!

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy Says The Next Pope Will Be The Last Before The End Of The World! / Is Hell Fire Too Extreme? / On Use Of "Holy Ghost Fire"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.