Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. (20515 Views)

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. / Renewed Clashes between Benue and Ebonyi Communities Claim 10 / 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by ALANK: 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
A renewed communal clashes between Offa and Erin-Ile communities which started yesterday has recorded many deaths while several people have been injured and millions naira properties have been destroyed. However, the state government has kept mute about the incidence.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
ALAN K: A renewed communal clashes between Offa and Erin-Ile communities which started yesterday has recorded many deaths while several people have been injured and millions naira properties have been destroyed. However, the state government has kept mute about the incidence.

The clash don tire me self....which kain yeye neigbour dem be to each with fight every 2years!!!

Na wa for Offa-Erinle ooooo!!!
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Horlawoomey(m): 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
The two communities want to turn my lovely state of harmony to something else o. . . . Offa are proving there large number and money while Erin-Ile would not take it softly with there powerful black magic . . . . . God knows what happen to OKIN BISCUIT.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2013
Hmmnnnn
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by surveycash(m): 9:29am On Jan 30, 2013
When we'll start seeing good news headlines...ehn?
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2013
I am from Offa and spent the first 18 years of my life there.

I grew up hearing and reading about the Offa-Erin Ile communal clash of late 1970's, and remember seeing a picture [in Pa James Olafimihan's book, Iwe Itan Offa (history of Offa)which I read many years ago] of then Head of state, Obasanjo, with the traditional rulers of the two communities signing peace accord in 1979.

Too bad, 34 years on, the hostility hasn't ended. There were similar clashes in 2005 or thereabout before then Governor Bukola Saraki settled it for them, after many lives had been lost.

News reaching me from home say the Erin people started the offensive again. This is not the time to trade blames. I hope our elders will come to their senses and end thsi hostility. Too bad.

4 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by virtual7(m): 9:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Because it didn't affect Ilorin,the govt won't speak up... naija leaders are too sectional

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by BlackPeni5: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2013
All these community clashes reminds us how primitive Nigeria still is...

We need a Moses to take us out of this wilderness called Nigeria

Vote Victor Moses for President 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by dino2006(m): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2013
I don't know why certain people enjoy violence, strife and bloodshed so much. Today, north, tomorrow east; aren't they ever tired of killing each other??
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2013
virtual7:
Because it didn't affect Ilorin,the govt won't speak up... naija leaders are too sectional
the state government must have reacted to this.Don't put Ilorin into this film

2 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by fm7070: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2013
When JTF arrives, they will behave themselves

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Erinle is the quite of the two neigbours. Offa always think with their population and money they can intimidate the Erin ile people. OFFA also have a long history of land disputes with their neigbours which includes Ijagbo,Ira,Ilemona,Ipee,Igosun,igbana and ojoku.
It is no longer news that offa went and hired machineries against the Erin ile people which didnt faze the unrelenting Erin iles. As for the state govt keeping mute, news has it they are keeping sides with the Offa

4 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by abdulkayus(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2013
dis has been happenin for a while. Both Offa and Erinle are never in good terms. And dey are neighbours ooooo. Offa always like beafin every1, esp Ilorin bt dey hav forgotten dat Ilorin has leave dem behind (sorry o Jarus). Kwara is a state of Peace and Harmony, so make una no spoilt our name ooo

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Akshow: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Even among our selves from same state no love. How do we now expect the whole nation to progress wit this level of sectionalism that is becloudin our reasonin

2 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by adeyak83(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2013
Black Peni5: All these community clashes reminds us how primitive Nigeria still is...

We need a Moses to take us out of this wilderness called Nigeria

Vote Victor Moses for President 2015.

lol

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus: I am from Offa and spent the first 18 years of my life there.

I grew up hearing and reading about the Offa-Erin Ile communal clash of late 1970's, and remember seeing a picture [in Pa James Olafimihan's book, Iwe Itan Offa (history of Offa)which I read many years ago] of then Head of state, Obasanjo, with the traditional rulers of the two communities signing peace accord in 1979.

Too bad, 34 years on, the hostility hasn't ended. There were similar clashes in 2005 or thereabout before then Governor Bukola Saraki settled it for them, after many lives had been lost.

News reaching me from home say the Erin people started the offensive again. This is not the time to trade blames. I hope our elders will come to their senses and end thsi hostility. Too bad.
Offa started all these not erin ile. The whole thing started early january by NURTW PEOPLE. They fought for two day because of passengers. When they were stil settling the issue Erinle people were barrd from passing tru Offa. The thing got escalated when some people coming from Ilorin were stoped,beaten with their vehicle spoit( beating of erinle people has being going for almost 2wks and Erinle keeping mute and patience) when some Erinles went to their rescue, offa started shoting at them.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by alkadriyar(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2013
This is just like israel and palastin in nigeria.
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 30, 2013
Jarus: I am from Offa and spent the first 18 years of my life there.

Erin-ile peeps should Accept offa as their Brother and stop terrorising Offa!!!

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Lafimo: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2013
Egbe yi ko le, eyin ji so. (Your mate are building houses while you are their stealing nails). It is better the two communities wake up and do something better with their power (Muscles). I believe some people will be happy with their clashes. May God help us in this country. Is like satan don leave north come sit don for that area.

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2013
beylinko: Erinle is the quite of the two neigbours. Offa always think with their population and money they can intimidate the Erin ile people. OFFA also have a long history of land disputes with their neigbours which includes Ijagbo,Ira,Ilemona,Ipee,Igosun,igbana and ojoku.
It is no longer news that offa went and hired machineries against the Erin ile people which didnt faze the unrelenting Erin iles. As for the state govt keeping mute, news has it they are keeping sides with the Offa

WTF....which Erinle is quiet ...... Erinle people are known for launching attack on Offa people and why!!!

Offa has really been helpful to all her Neigbours including Igosun,Ipee,Ilemona,Ojoku,Ira,Ijagbo and Erin-le and the Neigbours of Offa have actually contributed to the development of Offa too!!!

Offa is only Gentle with Erinle simply because Offa has alot of infastructures to lose!!!

As for Offa being supported by Kwara state govt,Na wa for U ooo........couldn't even remember the lastime Offa and kwara Govt(Ilorin) comes into agreement or supporting each other!!!

I just pray and Continue praying that Offa and Erin-le should accept each other as Neigbour and brother till eternity,Amen!!!

4 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by OmoOlomu(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2013
donroxy: so becos all oderss are quiet, u want erin to also be like offa boy boy, cmon offa pple shld grow up. u land is not big. bt u wnt to claim everywhere.meanwhile are their no religious scholars in both community. or wath did islam say about being a good neighbour. make una no just touch any student oh

Tis not abt trading blame.....Erin always started the attack first......but Bukola has demarcated the ''Buffer Zone'' now..... What on hell caused this clash again!!!

Offa and Ijagbo,Ilemona,Igosun do not clash only Erin-Ile.......Oro Erin sun mi oo!!
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2013
beylinko: Erinle is the quite of the two neigbours. Offa always think with their population and money they can intimidate the Erin ile people. OFFA also have a long history of land disputes with their neigbours which includes Ijagbo,Ira,Ilemona,Ipee,Igosun,igbana and ojoku.

Much I don't want to trade blames, I think the post up here is uncharitable and bare-faced lie.

Offa has never had problem with their other neighbours - Ijagbo, Ilemona, Ipee, Igosun etc. Name just one time Offa had issue with any of those.

Dare I say Erin Ile are usually the aggressive side, always starting it. There is this sense of cheating among them - always believing Offa (which is larger) are chaeting them, which is an illusion.

If some of us don't want to take side, it is not because we don't know the facts, it is because war doesn't benefit anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Jarus(m): 10:22am On Jan 30, 2013
abdulkayus: dis has been happenin for a while. Both Offa and Erinle are never in good terms. And dey are neighbours ooooo. Offa always like beafin every1, esp Ilorin bt dey hav forgotten dat Ilorin has leave dem behind (sorry o Jarus). Kwara is a state of Peace and Harmony, so make una no spoilt our name ooo

We don't 'beef', we just tease you guys. Yes, I agree Offa people get mouth (sabi yarn), but it doesn't translate to aggression. We are not fighters. In fact, I'll say we are somehow not strong (beyond mouth). This is why even in those clashes with Erin Ile, we always lose more lives (despite our numerical and financial strenght). The Offa people I know are not aggressive and not one to start fight. They only get mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by ABsI1: 10:24am On Jan 30, 2013
i miss my Leader in the Executive Office of the Governor,Dr Bukola $araki, CON, Leader of all Leaders
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 30, 2013
@Omo Olomu,

who told U others are silent......today what is the difference between Offa and Ijagbo,Offa and Ira ......ipee or Igosun......what is the difference between Offa and Ilemona........!!!

When development reached certain level,all these communities will come together only to be distinguished by the Oba controlling each community................ What is the difference between Offa and Erin......!!!

Both community should accept each other for the development of there people and land!!!

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by yoged(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2013
oga, well, maybe yes or no. But i think the people of Erin ile needs to calm down. This issue shouldn't have gotten to this extent. The fight started with the drivers of Erin ile and offa drivers which later turn to community clash. I passed accross offa/erinle last wk, and i saw alot of illiterate,jobless,tout of erinle staying at 1 place with cutlass,guns,charm despite that police were at d boundary... I hope this issue is being settled on time. Offa people sef stubborn, den no gree with ilorin,erinle and oda town. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by beylinko(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2013
@jarus. No body wants war. Even if u are a victor, u stil lose something. It pray at the end they find a lasting solution to this. Life is much more than fighting and cursing. PEACE is life
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by yoged(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2013
donroxy:

WTF....which Erinle is quiet ...... Erinle people are known for launching attack on Offa people and why!!!

Offa has really been helpful to all her Neigbours including Igosun,Ipee,Ilemona,Ojoku,Ira,Ijagbo and Erin-le and the Neigbours of Offa have actually contributed to the development of Offa too!!!

Offa is only Gentle with Erinle simply because Offa has alot of infastructures to lose!!!

As for Offa being supported by Kwara state govt,Na wa for U ooo........couldn't even remember the lastime Offa and kwara Govt(Ilorin) comes into agreement or supporting each other!!!

I just pray and Continue praying that Offa and Erin-le should accept each other as Neigbour and brother till eternity,Amen!!!
But i think the people of Erin ile needs to calm down. This issue shouldn't have gotten to this extent. The fight started with the drivers of Erin ile and offa drivers which later turn to community clash. I passed accross offa/erinle last wk, and i saw alot of illiterate,jobless,tout of erinle men staying at 1 place with cutlass,guns,charm despite that police were at d boundary... I hope this issue is being settled on time. Offa people sef stubborn, den no gree with ilorin,erinle and oda town. Na wa o
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by naffysa(f): 10:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Offa and Erin ile can never stop fighting, May God help them
Re: Communal Clashes Between Offa And Erin-ile Kwara State. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2013
yoged: But i think the people of Erin ile needs to calm down. This issue shouldn't have gotten to this extent. The fight started with the drivers of Erin ile and offa drivers which later turn to community clash. I passed accross offa/erinle last wk, and i saw alot of illiterate,jobless,tout of erinle men staying at 1 place with cutlass,guns,charm despite that police were at d boundary... I hope this issue is being settled on time. Offa people sef stubborn, den no gree with ilorin,erinle and oda town. Na wa o

Offa always posed challenge to Ilorin dana why Ilorin tagged them ''Stubborn''(at least this always happen in Civil Service or Election)..................u know when Ilorin go left ,Offa go Right!!!..........Don't mind Ilorin,in d longrun,Ilorin always win sha!!!

Offa is in close relationship with all other communities including Erin-le(marriage ,work) but seems Erin-le despised Offa loud mouth smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators / Second Niger Bridge To Be Completed In 2022, As FG Releases N33bn For Project / Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.