Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Can Soul, Country, Ballads, Rock And Indie Music Genres Reign In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can Soul, Country, Ballads, Rock And Indie Music Genres Reign In Nigeria? (1359 Views)

The Best Ballads Dat Can Send U Straight 2 Sleep / Music Genres Currently Employed In Nigeria ??? ??? / Different genres Of Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

Can Soul, Country, Ballads, Rock And Indie Music Genres Reign In Nigeria? by FunkyDele: 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2008
Gentlemen and ladies, I have one pertinent question to ask you music gurus. Over the years we have seen the birth, development and growth of Hiphop, Afro hip hop and R&B in Naija. These genres of music are still growing in Naija, even though in that our perculiar, Naija style.
The question is, can other genres of music like Soul, country, ballads, rock n roll, indie etc b ecome popular in Naija?
Why I ask this is because, take US for instance, there are different genres of music, for different listening audiences, will the same apply to Naija?
I have noticed that there is only one trend of popular music raving in Nigeria, and only a very little fraction of Nigerians actually spending their monies on CD's, what are the rest of Nigerians, who are evidently music loving, but don't particularly seem to be interested in Nigerian music?
Can any musicologist explain this trend to me?
My ears are open, mi brethren! grin and sithrens, of course!
Re: Can Soul, Country, Ballads, Rock And Indie Music Genres Reign In Nigeria? by Funmi2000(f): 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2008
I know say one day, one day, we go reach there! our problems here be say, we nigerians like well-worn, explored routes, we no deh like initiate thingsand even when person get liver initiate sef, dem go go want yeye the person, sef.
But, if by luck, the person when deh experiment new stuff hit jackpot by mistake, every Tunde, Obi and Aboki go want penetrate to steal their own glory while the sun is still shining,
Well, na God go help us!
Re: Can Soul, Country, Ballads, Rock And Indie Music Genres Reign In Nigeria? by Another: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2008
I think the likes of Djinee, Asa and Jeremiah are role models and play something close to soul music, dem try well well
Re: Can Soul, Country, Ballads, Rock And Indie Music Genres Reign In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 15, 2012
GUYS AV GOT NEWS OR YOU ALL (LOVERS OF ROCK) ROCKAMANIA NG Is now in Naija. We are here to tell the rest (non rock fans) that we are the loudest, coolest, and more content driven genre of music. We now have a home to promote the local content that abound in the country and project to the world that rock music originated from Africa and Nigerians can do a lot more. Please join us on facebook and twitter on Rockamanaia Ng.
You can reach us on any of this lines should you wanna drop a message.
Diana 08064241965, Dupe 07067833198, Francis 08129103113.
Bye.

Jazz Piano Lectures At The Music Academy / New Single | Dare Art Alade | Stroke Me / Should He Do A Rap Song?