Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,319 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON (7371 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Egyptian Referee To Be Expelled / Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
outrage: That guy own na beans, compaired to the refereeing of togo-tunisia

Omo, that refree go get award..

Refereing in afcon is mediocre!
That ref that officiated Togo - Tunisia match should be given a permanent job at INEC Headquarters

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by ddippset(m): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
if those penalty claims by adebayo against tunisia were penalties, then zambia's against us was as well and if they werent penalties then our two penalties against ethiopia werent as well. it's not everytime that someone falls in the box and a white man is at the centre that it's a penalty. sometimes stikers drop their feet at the goal keeper just to create contact and fall to get a penalty. that's what adebayo did last night and ronaldo did too.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by ddippset(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
that egyptian referee against zambia did nothing so wrong. he only gave what i would admit to be a soft penalty. he was not in any way poor or biased in his officiating. if he hated us so much he would still have denied us that penalty which mikel missed since it was a very swift mis tackle by the zambia defender and nothing would happen to him. also in the build up to our first goal mikel had a serious tussle with the zambian defender who then fell to the ground. the ref could easily have given that as an infringement against us and looked the other way if he hated us so much and nothing would happen. i hate this trend of blamimg referees and blaming referees all day long.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by komek(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
e mandman: Jst lyk @togo-tunisia match...ref gave card to a wrong man,sparing d1 dt actualy fouled....
No be new thing bros. It has happened to super Eagles in USA 94 world cup when a yellow card was given to Oliseh instead of Eguavoen. If Eguavoen had collected that yellow, that would have earned him a red card cos he had one already.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by TheWatch: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
The officiating at this year's competition is a joke. But I don't think we should be blaming the NFA if the referee was punished or not. I watched the games on Eurosports and the commentators did say also that the referee was sent home. If he was officiating another match I say the problem is with CAF and not the NFA (this time).
South African should be ashamed at the organisation of the tournament this year, I know that they had a short time to prepare but the organisation is well below standards that have been set in recent years. The state of the pitch where Nigeria's group played was so well below standard that I am surprised that CAF allowed for any matches to be played there.
Goal posts falling over I don't know but for me this is a first and I have watched alot of international matches in my time. Then the is the matter of the match officials, I have read some comments that they have being paid, I don't think this is the case the officials at this years tournament are a complete disgrace, I am not surprised the are no African officials at world level

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by usoeva: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Na today we dun de hear lies?
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by usoeva: 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
Na today dem de lie give us? I just pray make NFF no wake up dis days tel us say, nigeria dun win when d tournament neva reach final...
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by CohenJane: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
pek: Anyone who believed that story either doesnt know anything about football or is not living in the modern times. 1. When a referee is sent home from a competition for any reason, the official website for the competition is the first to break the news. When i heard the news, I went to CAF website but nothing of such. Same with BBC. 2. CAF president cannot make the decision to send any referee home. It is not his place. It is the referees' committee that can do that. 3. CAF and FIFA does not have dealings with sports ministers. It is the country's FA. 4. The referee's performance was not bad, he only got a call wrong. It was down to human error and nothing else.

You make sense. You are the John Mastourodes of our time.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by CohenJane: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
TheWatch:
Goal posts falling over I don't know but for me this is a first and I have watched a lot of international matches in my time.

In USA '94, the goal post fell off. May be you were not old enough to know what was going on then in international football like you claimed. I think it was a mathc that involved Bulgaria and one other country.
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nonybb: So All na wash. May God punish that mohammadean called isah
don't comment as a religious bigot,try to be fair in your words
Re: Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON by pek(m): 8:13am On Feb 01, 2013
TheWatch:
I don't think this is the case the officials at this years tournament are a complete disgrace, I am not surprised the are no African officials at world level
stop misleading people! African referees always invited to the world cup and they do well. Infact, two african referees have officiated matches at world final matches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suggest A Squad For Keshi Against Ethiopia / Roll Over Picks / Mixed Fortunes For Nigeria As Abugan Makes 400m Commonwealth Games Final!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.