Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? (20395 Views)

Name The Worst Cartoon Ever / Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children / Have You Guys Watch Back From America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Donmichaelz(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
i was in school the other day wen i saw eight 500 Level student watching something,at 1st i taught it was adult movie,bt 2 my greatest suprise it was NARUTO..i was suprise.the funny part was wen dey started calling the character's E.g Sasuke,neji,blah blah e.t.c .
why cant they watch movies of their Age?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
wat makes you think naruto is for kids . its rated 18.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Donmichaelz(m): 8:12am On Jan 31, 2013
kishimi8: wat makes you think naruto is for kids . its rated 18.
its stil cartoon.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 9:38am On Jan 31, 2013
its anime not cartoon and it effortlessly conveys happiness and sadness , that can get your adrenaline pumping . heck it has been in existence since you were in diapers.
@op are cartoons like boondocks, southpark, afro samurai meant for kids? or are the super hero movies you watch any different . i would presume you are just not having the ability to let your mind imagine stuff

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Bawss1(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2013
The real question should be why do some people have a problem with guys watching animes and cartoons? It should be obvious to everyone by now that there are cartoons designed specifically for children and toddlers, those for the whole family and those for adults. It is one of the many forms of entertainment out there. The only limitations one encounters with this type of entertainment are those of the artist's imagination. The reasons why I watch cartoons range from the beauty of the art form to their captivating storylines.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
precisely .,., thanks for making mention of things i could not articulate properly,., cool
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kambo(m): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
this is a daft comment in the same class as "why do men play video games". So in your myopic typical reasoning a man is the stereotype who is excited by soccer or sports and human actor films. That's a stereotype grow up air ur mind sir. In japan, father, mother, son granpa queue up to buy video games! Are they immature? Cartoons can b entrtng educatve and mature not all cartoons are childish or for kids. I remember, the simpsons , south park,king of the hill, playing in the evenings. Cartoon art is also good to look at.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by pboiskinpy(m): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
It is because,gals call us BABY,now we act like babies...lol
#jux passing

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by motion007: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
i have an english proffessor who stil watch cartoons nd animation just because of the sound english been spoken in it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Sammy107d(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
Donmichaelz: its stil cartoon.

Go ahead and expose your kids to South Park, Family Guy and Boondocks, since 'it's still cartoon.' Also try to entertain them with Death Note and throw in some animated p*rn along with their Tom & Jerry.. It's all cartoon.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by NSNA: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
You don't watch The Simpsons
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by ifyann002(f): 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
I also love cartoon moveies sometimes my husband will ask are u a baby
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by aieromon(m): 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
Nah,these cartoons are rated 18+ and contain scenes with nudity,profane language and extreme language. Viewers discretion is usually advised.

You can change your topic to "Why do guys watch Barney and Teletubbies"? to get a different response.

For the record, I watch The Boondocks and Family Guy.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by lillyveezy: 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
any film that is intelligence based is my take,be it human based or animation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by dopeJemi: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
guy dey dere dey sLeep 4 bicycLe, dey dere make boxers dey wear u

Any spongebob Fan in d House?
grin

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Feraz(m): 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Lmao!!!....when I opened this thread, I expected it to be an anime the op was talking about...... I'm equally sure what was making him surprised is the fact that they were arguing about who has more technique and stronger......8? That is small....you've not seen about 15 gathering to watch Naruto It's all for entertainment....try watching boondocks....you're likely to change your thinking about cartoons.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by AZeD1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Op try watching southpark or Boondocks and tell us if they are for kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by RedLight1: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
well i like spongebob.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by folahann(m): 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
Immediately I saw the topic, I knew the op would be talking about something totally different from cartoons.
These are the kind of peeps that refer to animations such as Madagascar, Megamind, Despicable Me, Ice Age etc as Cartoons.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
how about deadman wonderland and soul eater ,.,or let him watch any hentai anime

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
I normally don't curse on the web but this OP is extra-ordinarily myopic. So what if "grown men" watch "cartoons"? Will that take away anything from your miserable amebo-ish life? Will it increase the price of garri? Will it recreate Hiroshima? Will it?
_
I'm one of those "grown men" of which you speak, and I'll have you know that Naruto is not a "cartoon". It's the best thing that happened since ramen! It's the gift of the gods. I'm so addicted to Naruto that I can't wait for the next manga chapter to come out. I've got all chapters from 1 to 617. True story. Now go kiss a shark.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by ndiyeauwa: 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
Most of them (even those with gray hairs shocked ) are kids at heart. wink
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Chitexs250(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
grin grin grin

Simple and understandable English
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Lakayana: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
For they will forever be babies full stop.
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by FUCKU: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
It's good to spend time doing something that makes you happy, it lenghtens life. FOR ME CARTOON MAKES ME HAPPY AND IMPROVES MY CHOICE OF WORDS
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Feraz(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
SimonAndal: Naruto is not a "cartoon". It's the best thing that happened since ramen!
lol.....don't download the manga....would rather read it online.....
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by talk2val(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mr man ar u A learner? Who told u naruto is 4 kid?
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by kishimi8(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
nice to see im not alone ,.,. any one piece fan here.,., @simonandal ., ive got about 12Gigs of manga collections ,.,, here also all episodes.,,. this op should go to any university campus in this country and say anything bad against manga and anime ,.,, he might get a beating ,,. especially by engineering students..,.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Fussbot: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
Me no dey watch
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Jeffy1206(m): 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bawss1: The real question should be why do some people have a problem with guys watching animes and cartoons? It should be obvious to everyone by now that there are cartoons designed specifically for children and toddlers, those for the whole family and those for adults. It is one of the many forms of entertainment out there. The only limitations one encounters with this type of entertainment are those of the artist's imagination. The reasons why I watch cartoons range from the beauty of the art form to their captivating storylines.
guy u ve just sed it all.I luv cartoon so much but some just misunderstood it to be for only kids don't knw y?
Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by igbsam(m): 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
You need to Watch Samurai Jack, Pinky and The Brain, Bondocks, Justice League, Avengers to have a feel why guys like us don't do without cartoon (anime)

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? by Feraz(m): 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
kishimi8: nice to see im not alone ,.,. any one piece fan here.,., @simonandal ., ive got about 12Gigs of manga collections ,.,, here also all episodes.,,. this op should go to any university campus in this country and say anything bad against manga and anime ,.,, he might get a beating ,,. especially by engineering students..,.
it seems like you know the people wey carry manga and anime pass for head..... Engineering students!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My First Time In A Cinema / Watch Amar Singh Chamkila (2024) Downlaod [hindi-english] 480p | 720p | 1080p / Official Thread For Gotham Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.